Rear fog light relay

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

tomo

Rear fog light relay

Post by tomo » Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:10 am

Hi everybody, just joined the club after buying our 98 white over silver bongo, very proud parents we are too. Just getting the little darling ready for its SVA and I'm having a little bother with the rear fog light relay. Any suggestions please on the live feed to the relay or maybe a wiring diagram for me to see, many thanks...... tomo
timhum

Post by timhum » Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:25 am

Hi Tomo,
No need for a relay, mine comes off a "live when the ignition is on" feed via an in line fuse and a switch.
A look at the fusebox by your right knee will show up a live feed and you can trace a wire from there and tap in to it.
If you need more help, get back again.
Tim
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:09 pm

Welcome aboard tomo - great car, great bunch on BF - simply great really

Hee hee hee hee hee- wonder if he knows who he is getting involved with

Mike 8)
Veg_Ian

Post by Veg_Ian » Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:26 pm

Not much happening at work today then Mike ?? :roll:
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:41 pm

Nope - well Yep, but I'm demob happy with Easter coming. I finish at 2.00pm and no-one is in so cant get on with much :lol: :lol:
Veg_Ian

Post by Veg_Ian » Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:58 pm

I would never have guessed :lol: have a good weekend!
tomo

Post by tomo » Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:31 pm

Hi Tim and thx for the speedy reply. If I take the live feed from the ignition, will it not be possible for it to come on without the lights being on first? I was trying to get fog lamp only to operate if ignition and lights were on, or have I misinterpreted what you have just told me :?
timhum

Post by timhum » Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:06 pm

Hi Tomo,
I was refering to a feed which becomes live once the ignition is switched on. This will prevent the foglight accidently running the battery down. I did not install mine so I do not know exactly which wire the feed was taken from but a feed from a wire coming off fuse 8 will do the trick. It is the fuse which feeds the cigar lighter socket and is only live when the ignition is on.
The fuse panel is by your right knee when sitting in the drivers seat. Remove the cover to expose the fuses, fuse 8 is top right. Undo the screws holding the fuse panel in place and you will see two fat feed wires going to the top of the top row of fuses, it is not them you need to take the feed from but the wire coming out of the bottom of fuse 8.
Any more detail, don't hesitate to get back.
Tim

Return to “Techie Stuff”