mister munkey
Supreme Being

Re: meets

Post by mister munkey » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:08 pm

Good idea, theres a reasonable campsite a couple of miles away too

http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/t/Cra ... n-4624.htm

Off you go - Sort it.

:D
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. http://www.travelblog.org/Bloggers/MisterMunkey
B*Witched Blingo
Supreme Being

Post by B*Witched Blingo » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:18 pm

Di and Jamie wrote:I know what you mean there Dave :wink: It is looking a bit grim isn't it? One between now and May would be good as I dont think I can wait 10 weeks :lol: I'm hoping to sort out a meet for mid August at Crooklands to co-incide with a little celebration of mine :wink: if anyone's interested. I'll get it sorted and onto the calender asap.
Come on Woman. Get a wiggle on :lol:
You Tube Films Click Here
"Get your wellies out. No likey floaty Bongo's"
MountainGoat
Supreme Being

Post by MountainGoat » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:19 pm

Bolton Abbey, great idea. Last time I was there which was yonks ago I was walking the whole of the Dales Way. You are not thinking of doing some gorge walking in the Strid are you Chelle. [-X

Depends on the dates as usual.

Tony
Former SGL5 Owner Jeep Cherokee 2.5CRD Burstner Ixeo Time it585
B*Witched Blingo
Supreme Being

Post by B*Witched Blingo » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:22 pm

MountainGoat wrote:Bolton Abbey, great idea. Last time I was there which was yonks ago I was walking the whole of the Dales Way. You are not thinking of doing some gorge walking in the Strid are you Chelle. [-X

Depends on the dates as usual.

Tony
Bolton Abbey is stunning as is the area. Well worth adding to anyones must visit itinerary.

Oh no Tony. Far toooooo heckspensive Gorge Walking. Unless someone decides to chuck me in the Strid.

I'll wait see what Dreamy has to offer re: dates and location etc 1st. :wink:
You Tube Films Click Here
"Get your wellies out. No likey floaty Bongo's"
AndAndDen
Supreme Being

Post by AndAndDen » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:27 pm

Were up for anywhere :lol: :lol:
Get a Life ,Get a Bongo. !!!
jetskier
Tribal Elder

Post by jetskier » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:54 pm

get a blackpool weekender sorted then mumsie and pops,everyone would be up for that,get it sorted there are loads of sites around the area.
good thinkin there mr munkey,would be nice to camp there and not lose an awning and a canopy in the same night,but the sat was worth stayin up all night holdin other peeps awnings down :lol: :lol:
come on mike they love us at goosewood,they told me they only get the chance to shout at campers when were there [-X [-X
di what is this event you hide from us all :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ,we all reach there sooner or later,wish mine was later.lovely little site there,and a nice meal across the road,only a couple of electrics,so im in with hookup please,hehehe
tiny get a meet down ur way,or up a bit,im sure the gang will come and share a weekend with you nutters
" if you carnt bongo,then PARTY"
NMOAD
Diane
Bongolier

Post by Diane » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:13 am

jetskier wrote:di what is this event you hide from us all :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ,we all reach there sooner or later,wish mine was later.lovely little site there,and a nice meal across the road,only a couple of electrics,so im in with hookup please,hehehe
OK OK it's my 21st :^o :^o . And it's not site we went to previously. Theres no leccy at this one but it's even nearer the pub :lol: . I'll tell you more when i've got it sorted. Fingers crossed I can now [-o<
BONGO-LOUIS

Post by BONGO-LOUIS » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:39 am

waycar8 wrote:Goosewood \:D/ goosewood \:D/ goosewood \:D/

just dont mention the woods Mike when trying to book, she might have forgot by now
:lol:

Not bein funny but from wot i remember it was her that scared us lot actually maybe we should ask 4 discount :lol: :lol: :lol:
karena
Supreme Being

Post by karena » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:27 am

if peeps are prepared to go to a more primative site i.e no hook up and basic toilet block on a working farm
There may be a site closer to Bolton Abbey at Appletreewick (two pubs in walking distance) There is a big site there with all mod cons, but they wont take groups i asked last year, the smaller one might though i could enquire. Bolton Abbey to leyburn is about 35 miles, but a beautiful journey.

Hesketh farm at bolton abbey is great for the kids too plenty of animals to pet and feed, playground and picnic area much of it under cover if it rains and reasonable prices http://www.heskethfarmpark.co.uk/index.htm.we,ve been there a few times.

Also for steam train fans there is this http://www.embsayboltonabbeyrailway.org.uk/index.html - havnt been there most locals seem to think its a bit pricey for what it is.

canyoning in the strid not recommended [-X -its far more lethal than it looks people drown there very regually.

You must be older than me Di, my 21st isnt until 2011 :lol: :lol: :lol:
mobilecat
Supreme Being

Post by mobilecat » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:48 pm

dreamwarrioruk wrote:im gonna have to look into the york meet. somehow for some reasons im only guessing but i dont think goosewood would welcome us back with open arms. would peeps want to go back there. i could ask there.
if not im gonna have to shift into gear. there is naburn locks where we were 3yrs ago, they would have us back but its just a big field with no hook ups oh and no big woods.
Wonderful as it was the year before last, I really think it has lost its charm for us hasn't it?
karena
Supreme Being

Post by karena » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:53 pm

did i miss something - i remember beautiful weather and loads of fun both years.
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:01 pm

I think Cath has fond memories of the "saddest barbecue competition" she won two years ago :lol:
mobilecat
Supreme Being

Post by mobilecat » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:02 pm

Muzorewa wrote:I think Cath has fond memories of the "saddest barbecue competition" she won two years ago :lol:
Go on Paul - you know you want to post a photo!
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:01 pm

Oh, go on then :lol: :lol: :lol:

kawasaki kid
Tribal Elder

Post by kawasaki kid » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:28 pm

=D> =D>
If I had all the money I ever spent on my Freda ............ I`d spend it on my Freda.

Return to “North West”