Liverpool - is it always like this?

Moderator: Muzorewa

Ian
Supreme Being

Re: Liverpool - is it always like this?

Post by Ian » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:37 pm

Liverpool is an excellent place, especially for people like me who support Reading FC :lol:
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.
Bongoplod
Supreme Being

Post by Bongoplod » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:30 pm

Munroman,

If youd`ve looked closely,youd`ve noticed HMS LIVERPOOL had no wheels :lol:

Brian
Confucious once said " To be fluent in Bongolese is to hold the key to the world!"
munroman
Tribal Elder

Post by munroman » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:27 pm

Bongoplod wrote:Munroman,

If youd`ve looked closely,youd`ve noticed HMS LIVERPOOL had no wheels :lol:

Brian
I wasn't going to say anything about the 'reputation' for that sort of stuff happening.

Mind you, that might explain the Z-Cars theme then the helicopter flypast - it must have been the Rozzers! #-o
When asked about Western Civilisation, Ghandi said 'that would be a good idea'...
Oldboybob
Bongolier

Post by Oldboybob » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:48 am

Liverpool is a fantastic, welcoming and friendly city for anyone to visit, hell of a lot of things to do and see. And no you won't get your wheels robbed (Harry Enfield and his mates have got a lot to answer for!) :D :D :D
MountainGoat
Supreme Being

Post by MountainGoat » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:57 pm

Not quite true Bob. I'm from Huyton and lived in kingsway where there were 15ft wide grass verges on each side of the road so cars could be parked on drives. About 50 odd years ago the chap living opposite me left his car out over night on his drive rather than park it within his front garden. When he woke up next morning he found is beloved Ford delecately balanced on 4 stacks of bricks. I wish that I could have afforded a camera in those days.

Tony
Former SGL5 Owner Jeep Cherokee 2.5CRD Burstner Ixeo Time it585
wooden wheel
Bongolier

Post by wooden wheel » Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:56 pm

MountainGoat wrote:Not quite true Bob. I'm from Huyton and lived in kingsway where there were 15ft wide grass verges on each side of the road so cars could be parked on drives. About 50 odd years ago the chap living opposite me left his car out over night on his drive rather than park it within his front garden. When he woke up next morning he found is beloved Ford delecately balanced on 4 stacks of bricks. I wish that I could have afforded a camera in those days.

Tony
[-X [-X [-X

That was a long time ago Tony, Liverpool nowadays is not better or worse than any other major city in the UK.

Lynn. :D
木の車輪

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
Bongoplod
Supreme Being

Post by Bongoplod » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:44 am

Sorry I started the jokes now,didnt want to upset anyone
I agree Liverpool is a great city and no better or worse than anywhere else,its just that I think its a good thing that im able to laugh at myself coming from Liverpool and an ex copper,rather than get all uptight at jokes thrown at me and about me..
Im now off for a Pie and an Uncle Joes Mint Ball for me supper

Brian
Confucious once said " To be fluent in Bongolese is to hold the key to the world!"
MountainGoat
Supreme Being

Post by MountainGoat » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:54 pm

I might forgive you Brian if you let me share that bottle of wotsits you say that you are going to have with blobber. :twisted:

Tony
Oldboybob
Bongolier

Post by Oldboybob » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:28 am

MountainGoat wrote:Not quite true Bob. I'm from Huyton and lived in kingsway where there were 15ft wide grass verges on each side of the road so cars could be parked on drives. About 50 odd years ago the chap living opposite me left his car out over night on his drive rather than park it within his front garden. When he woke up next morning he found is beloved Ford delecately balanced on 4 stacks of bricks. I wish that I could have afforded a camera in those days.

Tony
Fifty odd years ago? didn't realise there was a market for stolen model T Ford wheels :shock: :shock: lot of proud hard working people from Liverpool, got the small minority of scum like everywhere else, generalizing an area because of personal events of over half a century ago is a bit lame in my own opinion :? :?
umbongochris

Post by umbongochris » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:56 am

Oldboybob wrote:

Tony
Fifty odd years ago? didn't realise there was a market for stolen model T Ford wheels :shock: :shock: lot of proud hard working people from Liverpool, got the small minority of scum like everywhere else, generalizing an area because of personal events of over half a century ago is a bit lame in my own opinion :? :?

The study of two million UK motorists found that the rural spot of Aboyne in Aberdeenshire was the surprise car crime capital. According to figures fom car insurance firm Admiral, there were more reported thefts in the area per insured driver than anywhere else in the country.

I think you'll find Liverpool in 5th place....

http://money.uk.msn.com/money-guides/in ... =156132318

and it's not even on the "break in's list"....

still I know a couple of dodgy scousers... :lol:
Oldboybob
Bongolier

Post by Oldboybob » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:42 pm

umbongochris wrote:
Oldboybob wrote:

Tony

The study of two million UK motorists found that the rural spot of Aboyne in Aberdeenshire was the surprise car crime capital. According to figures fom car insurance firm Admiral, there were more reported thefts in the area per insured driver than anywhere else in the country.

I think you'll find Liverpool in 5th place....

http://money.uk.msn.com/money-guides/in ... =156132318

and it's not even on the "break in's list"....

still I know a couple of dodgy scousers... :lol:
=D> =D> cheers Chris :wink: :wink:
MountainGoat
Supreme Being

Post by MountainGoat » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:51 pm

still I know a couple of dodgy scousers...
Don't tell me. We are not talking about Bongoplod here are we? :lol: :lol: :lol: Claims that he never tells lies :shock: :shock: :shock:

Tony
munroman
Tribal Elder

Post by munroman » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:05 pm

Blimey, I posted this as a testimonial to Liverpool, only to find I didn't speak the lingo, it was/wasn't a hotbed of crime, the Bongomiester then had a dig in about football, Muz found a new chippy, and now Scousers are fighting.

I'm staying back from the screen in case anything comes crashing through it!

Why do I bother?.......... :)
When asked about Western Civilisation, Ghandi said 'that would be a good idea'...
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:26 pm

munroman wrote:Blimey, I posted this as a testimonial to Liverpool, only to find I didn't speak the lingo, it was/wasn't a hotbed of crime, the Bongomiester then had a dig in about football, Muz found a new chippy, and now Scousers are fighting.

I'm staying back from the screen in case anything comes crashing through it!

Why do I bother?.......... :)
Well if a hitherto unknown purveyor of fine quality fish & chips becomes known to the masses (and Team Muz) then I reckon the thread had got to be considered a success. We just need to sample said chippy to verify its credentials :wink: :D
Bongoplod
Supreme Being

Post by Bongoplod » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:40 am

MountainGoat wrote:
still I know a couple of dodgy scousers...
Don't tell me. We are not talking about Bongoplod here are we? :lol: :lol: :lol: Claims that he never tells lies :shock: :shock: :shock:

Tony
Kettle calling the pot black Tony???..........or are you now a scotlander :lol: :lol:

Brian

Ps......im drinking all my whiskey meself :wink:

Return to “North West”