Freda Office

Anything non-technical about the Mazda Bongo Friendee van

Moderators: Bongoplod, aitch

helen&tony
Supreme Being

Re: Freda Office

Post by helen&tony » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:38 am

Hi
Oooohhh....yummy yum yum....Canon printers....nearly as much fun as my Jolly Japes Printing Block set and it's accompanying leaflet "Fun For Girls and Boys With Coloured Inks"...the Canon is nearly as good, but slower and less accurate...Marginally ahead was the Happy Harry Hewlet Packard "Messy Mitts" fun model, and that in turn was only just ahead of the "Jolly Pirate Special " from "Lex-Marks the Spot"....a super piece with it's own Black Spot printing option and Jolly Roger kit.....
Needless to say, I don't have luck with ANY printer....at ANY price....
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cheers
Helen
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.
Jillygumbo
Supreme Being

Post by Jillygumbo » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:47 am

BongoBongo123 wrote:
Jillygumbo wrote:Sounds absolutely ideal. I know I am totally mad but if I can't get away at the weekend, I usually end up camping in Tonto in the garden!!
That has to be the cutest Bongo enthusiastic post I have read.

:wink:
Jillygumbo, Tonto & Ruca
The night conceals the world, but reveals the universe!
Bongolia
Supreme Being

Post by Bongolia » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:18 pm

helen&tony wrote:Hi
Oooohhh....yummy yum yum....Canon printers....nearly as much fun as my Jolly Japes Printing Block set and it's accompanying leaflet "Fun For Girls and Boys With Coloured Inks"...the Canon is nearly as good, but slower and less accurate...Marginally ahead was the Happy Harry Hewlet Packard "Messy Mitts" fun model, and that in turn was only just ahead of the "Jolly Pirate Special " from "Lex-Marks the Spot"....a super piece with it's own Black Spot printing option and Jolly Roger kit.....
Needless to say, I don't have luck with ANY printer....at ANY price....
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cheers
Helen
You and me both. My latest purchase is a mono Epson Lazyier printer that prints if and when it feels like it. :cry:
BongoBongo123
Supreme Being

Post by BongoBongo123 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:10 pm

I can only report on 7 years perfect experience with a Canon Pixma MP630 and it gets a hammering on black ink and a fair bit of colour printing of this and that. Could not have asked for more really. Of course your mileage may vary ! I only put the after market cartridges in there and it does well. The originals are crazily expensive.
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:34 am

Hi
Well to be fair, every printer I've bought fails before the first set of cartridges are near empty, and tey are always supplied with just a trial cartridge to "get you going"....The Canon failed within days of getting it home. I shall now just buy the cheapest nastiest models available, and I'll wager that they are far better...I'll probably buy two at a time, after all, it's cheaper than buying ink!
Cheers
Helen
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.
rita
Supreme Being

Post by rita » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:03 am

helen&tony wrote:Hi
Well to be fair, every printer I've bought fails before the first set of cartridges are near empty, and tey are always supplied with just a trial cartridge to "get you going"....The Canon failed within days of getting it home. I shall now just buy the cheapest nastiest models available, and I'll wager that they are far better...I'll probably buy two at a time, after all, it's cheaper than buying ink!
Cheers
Helen

Why do you not just take/send the Printer back under guarantee, they will supply you with a New Printer and a set of Fresh cartridges.
cazzyblues
Bongolier

Post by cazzyblues » Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:33 am

I met a chap recently who used his Bongo as an artists studio. Drove to a scenic setting and painted the scene while he was there. Great idea. I have lack of space at home for painting with wax and hot tools but one day when I am not also short of time I may well set up the Bongo as an artist studio inbetween camping weekends. :D :D
Cazzy
Art of Wax ( Facebook page)
"Art is a pigment of your imagination". (Darcy Gerdes)
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:48 am

Hi Rita
That would be nice...a guarantee that replaces an item. I don't live in the UK....and there are advantages and disadvantages....all in all, I like it....BUT....here they stick to the terms of guarantees...they send it off for repair....It's easier to buy another!
Here's how the unseen side of guarantees work....in the UK as in any country:
A company buys it's stock from a manufacturer, who states that a statutory guarantee applies...The retailer takes note of said guarantee, and complies with the terms, and some retail chains confer EXTRA guarantee rights on the item. Ownership of the stock is the property of the retailer now, and NOT the firm that makes it, so the retailer is the one that bears the cost of replacement. This applies to new cars as well, as I found to my cost when I bought a new RUSTY Japanese car which had been almost imperceptibly re-sprayed...but I know a bit about paint :wink: :wink: ....now THAT was an argument I can't print in polite circles (I won)....
When dealing with customers in the UK, most firms apply logic...namely that a guaranteed item is dealt with in a manner the customer would approve of, ensuring their return for future purchases....LOGIC.....Now in Eastern Europe, logic isn't an innate birth-right...it isn't present, it isn't possible to teach, and the don't have it....so accepting the fact that a guarantee is what it says is laughable to most retailers....the usual guarantee is five minutes, or 100 yards up the road....whichever comes first!....especially as most ham-fisted purchasers can b*&^%r up an item within minutes of getting it home :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cheers
Helen
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:19 am

Not used ink jet printers for years. Nothing but cost and hassle. Settled for black & white and went laser printer. Bliss!

Return to “Bongo Chat”