Show us yer insides

Questions & answers about kitchen units, stoves, fridges, heaters, water tanks, seats, mattresses etc etc.

Moderator: Doone

Alison01326
Supreme Being

Re: Show us yer insides

Post by Alison01326 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:36 pm

Whilst I have no plans to make any changes in the Bongo (my innards have been exposed on this site before - nothing exciting - just a removable kitchen), I am thoroughly enjoying seeing all these insides. Keep the photos coming, folks.
Alison

The traveller sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see. (G K Chesterton)
Ron Miel
Supreme Being

Post by Ron Miel » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:35 am

Ours is another Imperial, the Purbeck rear conversion. Haven't any interior pics - will take some when the weather's wamer (snowed here today - that wasn't forecast!).

Some details here, meanwhile: http://www.imperialcar.co.uk/the_purbeck. Pity, they don't show the sleeping set up, but like Muz's Lulworth, it's two up or two down - or, for masochists, two up and two down.

Not as elegant as the Lulworth but it has a very efficient large top loading fridge, which we wanted, plus we also wanted a rear kitchen, able to be used equally well from inside or outside.

Ours in fact is no longer as elegant as the one shown in the Purbeck promo pics, let alone the Lulworth, as we've crammed in a lot of extra stuff, hung on rails, etc. Plus, across the front of the open area between the two seats, in front of the tambourine doors (bottom picture, click to enlarge), I fix the table (folded leg facing rearwards) for travelling, and behind it there's a boxed in Porta Potti. The protruding bit shown below the tambourine doors is actually a pull-out slatted support frame for a middle seat (cushion provided), so that's normally also pulled in place over the Porta Potti, neatly boxing it in, with the table as the front of the box. Takes about half a minute to get it un-boxed for on the road comfort breaks - bliss when you get to my age :lol:

Overall, the Purbeck layout works very well for us - just Mrs M and myself.

As I say, I'll take some pics, warts and all, when it's a bit warmer.
2001-V6-LPG-AFT-black on silver-Imperial Purbeck camper

(Ron miel=honey rum from the Canaries)
Alison01326
Supreme Being

Post by Alison01326 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:00 am

Haven't looked at Imperials's website before and I'm really not sure that quoting a journalist's description of the Bongo as being a "wolf in velour clothing" would be a selling point for me if I was just starting out!! I appreciate that it's meant to be complimentary but velour? [-X [-X [-X :!:
Alison

The traveller sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see. (G K Chesterton)
Ron Miel
Supreme Being

Post by Ron Miel » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:23 am

Alison01326 wrote:Haven't looked at Imperials's website before and I'm really not sure that quoting a journalist's description of the Bongo as being a "wolf in velour clothing" would be a selling point for me if I was just starting out!! I appreciate that it's meant to be complimentary but velour? [-X [-X [-X :!:
Well, it wasn't meant to be an ad/plug for Imperial, Alison. Just some pics of an inside, as requested. Haven't even read that bit ever [-X [-X [-X

Alison01326
Supreme Being

Post by Alison01326 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:32 pm

Ron Miel wrote:
Alison01326 wrote:Haven't looked at Imperials's website before and I'm really not sure that quoting a journalist's description of the Bongo as being a "wolf in velour clothing" would be a selling point for me if I was just starting out!! I appreciate that it's meant to be complimentary but velour? [-X [-X [-X :!:
Well, it wasn't meant to be an ad/plug for Imperial, Alison. Just some pics of an inside, as requested. Haven't even read that bit ever [-X [-X [-X
I appreciate it wasn't an ad or plug, I've seen your conversion and the pic of Muz's and was just curious as to what else they do. I didn't just look at the pics and wanted to see what they said about the Bongo. Velour?! Still haven't recovered from that :lol:
Alison

Ron Miel
Supreme Being

Post by Ron Miel » Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:40 am

Alison01326 wrote:
Ron Miel wrote:
I appreciate it wasn't an ad or plug, I've seen your conversion and the pic of Muz's and was just curious as to what else they do. I didn't just look at the pics and wanted to see what they said about the Bongo. Velour?! Still haven't recovered from that :lol:
Well, you'll just have to pull yourself together - or I might say moquette. Then you'll realise that velour's classy :lol:

thepickles
Bongolier

Post by thepickles » Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:38 pm

thepickles wrote:
cabte wrote:thepickles. thats a different one =D>
is it in aft or tini?
and what does lit look like when the beds down and how does it work..
i like,, :)
Cabte

It's a AFT,

bed works fine , I will try and put some piccies up over the weekend 8)

cheers
Steve :D
Image 'FREEBIE'
Alison01326
Supreme Being

Post by Alison01326 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:58 pm

I said I wouldn't, but as the removable unit has not been represented on here, I have changed my mind and will now expose my insides :lol:

Now you see it .....

Now you don't ......

Oh yes, and there's no fancy table (with or without bottles of wine, fruit bowls, etc :wink: ).

Alison

Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:08 pm

Alison01326 wrote:I said I wouldn't, but as the removable unit has not been represented on here, I have changed my mind and will now expose my insides :lol:

Now you see it .....

Now you don't ......

Oh yes, and there's no fancy table (with or without bottles of wine, fruit bowls, etc :wink: ).

Looks like a nice practical arrangement. I think it would benefit from some crystal wine glasses and a bowl or two of fruit, though, or even use that vase in the last pic for some flowers, or is it a champagne bucket? :D
Alison01326
Supreme Being

Post by Alison01326 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:17 pm

Muzorewa wrote: Looks like a nice practical arrangement. I think it would benefit from some crystal wine glasses and a bowl or two of fruit, though, or even use that vase in the last pic for some flowers, or is it a champagne bucket? :D
You're absolutely right, Muz. I'll see to it dreckly :wink: The item in the picture is a redundant bin. It's not officially redundant, but we in the front don't have rubbish en route, and Isaac throws his on the floor, so it would make a fantastic champagne bucket for the size of bottle of champagne I could afford. Do champers makers send out sample sizes, I wonder :lol: :lol:
Alison

Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:29 pm

Alison01326
Supreme Being

Post by Alison01326 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:39 pm

Thanks for the link, Muz =D> I particularly like the idea of free drinking straws with an order of 24 bottles :shock:
Alison

mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:46 pm

Well I'm not showing my insides as they were designed in the full knowledge they would not be on view.

Which reminds of a well known architect I knew years back, who was an excellent speaker on the subject and who I arranged talks for. He was describing Richard Rogers Pompidou Centre to an audience of learned professionals and their partners and said:

"When asked why he designed it thus, Rogers explained that it was to maximise the internal free space."

[theatrical pause]

"One can only wonder how we might look if God had seen fit to design us similarly"

[roars of laughter - he continued]

"Anyway, it has been a great success and attracts street artistes and a lot of interested tourists."

Later on, at question time, a lady who resembled Hyacinth Bouquet raised her hand and asked

"Do you think that such an ugly building has to be called an architectural success, given that it has attracted such large crowds?"

"Well madam" he replied "If you were to stand in Leicester Square and take off all your clothes, it would almost certainly attract a large crowd. But that would not necessarily mean it was great art."

The house collapsed with laughter.

I'll fetch me coat....... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Alison01326
Supreme Being

Post by Alison01326 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:47 pm

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
Alison

TINCA TINCA

Post by TINCA TINCA » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:22 pm

Alison01326 wrote:I said I wouldn't, but as the removable unit has not been represented on here, I have changed my mind and will now expose my insides :lol:
Hi Alison. Very brave showing your "INSIDES". I must say you keep a "Tidy house" considering you have a wonderful "Little Isaac" about. :shock:

Spotted the porta potti.....a must for the YOUNG and OLD. They are a bit cumbersome to shift about though and take up an awful lot of room.

Thanks for sharing your "Insides". :wink:

Return to “Campervan Conversions in Bongos”