Turbo Timer

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

phedders
Bongolier

Post by phedders » Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:42 am

And hence my point - I have no idea how many other laws I've broken in the last week since I just don't know very many of them.

And then you have the problem that up and down the country right now, are thousands of vans with engines running and no butt on the drivers seat because the driver is making a delivery or shouting at someone or something... so if the police do charge anyone for this 'offense', it is basically them singling someone out for punishment.

I guess it really comes down to this - government makes billions of vague laws (just look at how vague and far reaching are most of the laws Blair has barged through parliament) so that if they/the police take a dislike of someone, there is always something they can get 'em for.

Grrr.
jone_it

Post by jone_it » Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:42 pm

phedders, I guess any legal system has this disadvantage because it's not easy to provide simple "specification" to all areas in the everyday life. Even more: in some countries you easily can break the CRIMINAL law without even knowing about it and being punished disregarding of your unawareness, and me myself used to live in country where police DID catch any chance to charge you of any spotted offence, so believe me, UK's legal "climate" can be considered really mild across the world... :-)

Return to “Techie Stuff”