steam or smoke and rockerbox gasket

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

ebygum32

steam or smoke and rockerbox gasket

Post by ebygum32 » Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:58 am

Set off from London the other day 1930ish just about to get on the M1 and noticed either steam or smoke from the o/s rear wheel pulled onto the hard shoulder for closer look, could not see anything and did not smell any burning so off i went got to jct 13 noticed temp guage going between 1/2 - 3/4 ( normally stops below half) :?: me thinks i have a problem and it was steam so pulled into services and let her cool down took the header tank cap off No water, went to garage and grabbed litre of antifreeze (how much £4.89) put that in then put about 3 1/2 litres of water in thought better go and get some more antifreeze went back checked the ones at the back of the bunch £1 cheaper although exactly same batch so i bought 2 :wink: cashier not happy when i showed him,
anyway diegresing, off i went to Leeds no probs, next morning....

checked the header tank Empty had alook around found poss small leak on the hose above the starter motor so contacted bongobits ordered new hose, 2 x fan belts and 1 x aircon belt ( gut instinct so better have them in reserve) next day they arrived and only way to get top hose off was stanley knife one clean cut so could inspect it later and my findings were spot on 2 x small holes in the pipe replaced pipe while i had the top cover off replaced the rockerbox gasket as noticed small leak, all in all about 4 hours

big up to bongobits also £30ish for all parts and even threw in bongobits tax disc which gave to brother in law for his pinzgauer 712m, mmmmm this is fun :D :D :D :D :D :D :D http://www.c-u-v.co.uk/photo_gallery.asp
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:34 pm

A narrow escape there due - well done :lol: :lol:

Return to “Techie Stuff”