Door Dings

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

Lewy

Door Dings

Post by Lewy » Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:25 pm

Well thanks to one arsehole in Tesco's carpark on friday night, the beloved Bongo now sports a good 4 inch crease / dint where they slammed their door into my main side panel.

Not sure how to get it out - had a look to see if I could push it out from the inside but it seems to be right behind the re-inforced pillar so don't think I could get to it.

Never tried a suction cup - any good? Or is it a case of live with it and hope that Karma catches up with the person who thinks I am much more able to pay for / sort out the damage they have caused me.

Hope it gets the guy who cracked my rear light cluster a few weeks back too.
brianwfl

DOOR DING

Post by brianwfl » Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:37 pm

Hi, re yr door ding, old garage trick , put a small piece of timber over crease inside door, feed an old car/motor cycle inner tube inside the door to cover timber, keep inflation valve accessable, blow it up slowly and if ye gods are favourable it should be pushed back into a reasonable shape, you may have to fill /repaint a smaller area. i have used this many times successfully(ex motor tech)
brgds
brianwfl
Lewy

Post by Lewy » Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:46 pm

Now that's a clever idea - will have a look at that - thanks for the tip.
crazy uncle gray g
Supreme Being

Post by crazy uncle gray g » Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:16 pm

:D That does seem a great tip from Brian, the simplest ideas always work best in my experience.
Let us know how you get on Lewy :wink:
cheers! party on dudes.
Lewy

Post by Lewy » Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:06 pm

Went to try Brians tip - got all set up and realised that there was a small square in the internal pillar whcih I could get my hand into. Used a bit of timber to push the crease out - not perfect but much better than it was. I reckon that inner tube trick wouldwork a treat though - the outer skin is so easy to push out.

Return to “Techie Stuff”