Roof Problem

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

AndAndDen
Supreme Being

Roof Problem

Post by AndAndDen » Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:02 pm

Hi All .Got a problem with our roof.Will explain all in another thread.Roof is down now but we can't stop the bleeping for the roof. :? Our roof had to be brought down manually.Any help please how to stop the roof safety bleeper please.Pulled the 30amp fuse under drivers seat still bleeps. Thankyou. Andy and Denise
Get a Life ,Get a Bongo. !!!
trevd01

Post by trevd01 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:28 pm

Try pressing down on the front corners of the AFT roof. I think the contacts for the bleeper are there.
AndAndDen
Supreme Being

Post by AndAndDen » Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:37 pm

Thankyou Trevor.Going to give it a try. Andy
bigdaddycain
Supreme Being

Post by bigdaddycain » Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:50 pm

Sound advice that trev, Sorry to hear about the roof andandden, did the problem occur at dent yesterday? or was it after you got home?

The only advice i can suggest is to whip off the centre console to expose the wiring to the hand brake. Check the connection there, then try the button on the roof again, if it appears to be working, then fully raise the roof, then pop the roof back down again. This should reset the alarm. Dont forget to replace the fuse first though...
Hope that solves it :wink:
ビッグダディケイン RIP Big Bank Hank (Imp the Dimp) 1957-2014
AndAndDen
Supreme Being

Post by AndAndDen » Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:33 pm

Hi bigdaddycain.Yes it happened at the Dent meet and everyone had gone apart from Ian the mechanic.So first of all our Battery was flat(loose lead on the battery )had to borrow some jump leads off the farmer Ian gave us a jump start, started ok and seems to be ok now. So we were all packed and ready to drive away then realised our roof was still up,tryed to lower it and it didn;t work we both tryed to mannually lower it with the rope( that really piece of thick rope hahaha) but we just couldn't do it.In the end we called lifesure breakdown services out (Excellent service from them they were with us within an hour). He managed to pull it down then off we went, we eventually left at 6.30pm :lol: .So will give your advise a try bigdaddy. Thankyou. Andy and Denise .Will keep you informed . :D
AndAndDen
Supreme Being

Post by AndAndDen » Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:51 pm

Hi Trev tried pressing corners down of the roof ,didn't work. Thanks anyway.
bigdaddycain
Supreme Being

Post by bigdaddycain » Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:53 pm

Aha!... I didn,t know you'd had a flat battery!... In that case, i reckon you should disconnect the battery, then reconnect it again. I think it would reset the system providing the roof is properly closed in the first place.

I suspect because the battery had been flattened, then the roof was closed manually, the safeguard system for the roof still "thinks" that the roof is up... Which would account for the alarm sounding. I bet the light in the roof had been left switched on which slowly drained the battery, easily done. What kind of battery set up do you have? The handbrake connection is probably ok after all :roll: Flippin eck, it was a long day for ya both wasn,t it?
ビッグダディケイン RIP Big Bank Hank (Imp the Dimp) 1957-2014
AndAndDen
Supreme Being

Post by AndAndDen » Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:13 pm

Tried what you suggested bigdaddy doesn't work. Thanks for advise though. Andy :cry:
AndAndDen
Supreme Being

Post by AndAndDen » Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:09 pm

Thanks Kieth recieved your pm.Going to give the guy a phone call.Thanks. Andy and Denise
Ian
Supreme Being

Post by Ian » Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:32 pm

Keep us informed on this.
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.
francophile1947
Supreme Being

Post by francophile1947 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:19 am

At the Easter Counties Mini Meet on March 11th, my roof refused to come down. Several of us tried various options (including the handbrake switch and fuse) to no avail. Then, after failing to remove the motors, I tried it again and it worked!!
It has worked fine since then, until last night!!! Exactly the same symptoms, all alarms working but no sound from either motor. Decided to sleep on the problem and, you've guessed it, it worked this morning :twisted: :twisted:
If anyone has any suggestions as to what it might be, I would be really keen to hear them.
John
(Evidence that intelligent life exists in the universe, is that it hasn't tried to contact us)
AndAndDen
Supreme Being

Post by AndAndDen » Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:04 pm

Off to a local garage who deals with Bongo,s.He's going to take a look at it first and let us know whats happening and what can be done.Will report back later .Andy and Denise.
Ozric

Post by Ozric » Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:55 pm

You can stop the beeps with this info
http://www.bongoogle.co.uk/details.asp? ... 1&artID=41

Return to “Techie Stuff”