york meet friday 6th till sunday 8th june

If you are going away somewhere and don't mind meeting up with other Bongo owners or if you've been somewhere & want to tell us about it & stick up your photos, put the details here.

Moderator: Jillygumbo

dreamwarrioruk
Supreme Being

Re: york meet friday 6th till sunday 8th june

Post by dreamwarrioruk » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:00 pm

i think karen was more shocked than keith was. she saw the pheasant at the side of the road. they were doing 50 so it was quite accurate flying by the pheasant.he said the interior of the bongo was full of feathers and other deposits that come out of animals when they are scared.
mike, jo and emma
jetskier
Tribal Elder

Post by jetskier » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:05 pm

keith said they were going to stop for a roast chicken sunday lunch,must have felt posh and when for game :lol:
hope karen is ok keith,must of been a bloody shock.hope you didnt take the bird home,you could get done for poaching.

bev said she will text amanda tomorrow wayne,sounds like she drank too much and it has leaked inside :lol:
bevs hand is nearly round know,think she will have to go to quacks tomorrow.

ps are you sure the duvet just didnt expolde :lol: it may of been a jap pheasant :lol:
" if you carnt bongo,then PARTY"
NMOAD
Diane
Bongolier

Post by Diane » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:09 pm

Blimey - hope Karen and Keith are OK. Thats awful. I'm keeping my window up from now on. Wayne - give our best to Amanda and I hope she improves without having a stay in hospital. School sent Cam home this morning cos he was feeling unwell. :( Really sore throat and generally really knackered. Think he's OK though.
Mike - thats a nasty bite you've got there. Hope the swelling goes down soon. You too Bev. At least the one on your jaw has gone down. I got a couple of bites but now't bad like that. :)
Di
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:13 pm

Crikey. Sorry to hear of the trail of trials and hope everyone recovers soon. Ya don't think it was The Curse of the Ghost of York do you? :?
dreamwarrioruk
Supreme Being

Post by dreamwarrioruk » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:14 pm

di,what was the spray called that you gave wayne to try,wayne said it was good, mike is sick of being bit and having the reactions he does to being attacked,im sick of spending half of night in casualty with mike every time we go out,and he gets bit.
mike, jo and emma
dreamwarrioruk
Supreme Being

Post by dreamwarrioruk » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:18 pm

we will see if we do have a curse on us.going to be same place,same time,next year,well about the same time next year.
mike, jo and emma
zaq

Post by zaq » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:39 pm

What a brill event. Thanks Mike & Jo for organising things.

Really enjoyed watching Gary & Helen erect their new awning for the first time... By the way guys, the instructions are on the back of the flap :mrgreen:

Managed to avoid getting bitten, but nearly wet myself when the 5 inch wasp chased me across the field. Jeeesh, there were some nasties there.

Pheasant through the window! Priceless! They'll be dining out on that story for years.
waycar8
Supreme Being

Post by waycar8 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:48 pm

Hope Karens ok :shock: , Pheasent murderer :shock:

Amanda says thanks to everyone for their wishes ect, Curse!!, nah just great fun 8) roll on next year :D
Hotpot
Supreme Being

Post by Hotpot » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:13 pm

Sorry to hear about everybody's trials and tribulations this weekend. Luckily the jungle formula tropical and stupid hat did the trick for us this time round :roll: Hope you all make a speedy recovery.
Diane
Bongolier

Post by Diane » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:20 pm

Jo- insect repellent is called Autan Active. Yellow pump spray with a red lid. Think I got it from Boots. Make sure Mike dosn't spray it near his mouth though. God knows what Wayne was doing but he got a right gobful and nearly threw up!! :lol: :lol: Never got bit again though!!
Bongoplod
Supreme Being

Post by Bongoplod » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:25 pm

Some more photos.Couldnt get any more on my 1st post,i assume due to the files being large (6Mp camera)

Brian
Confucious once said " To be fluent in Bongolese is to hold the key to the world!"
Gunga

Post by Gunga » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:19 am

Mike used our autan spray last year Jo but still got bit to death ! I have come up with a solution though, you could make him a full body suit out of mosquito netting :D

Lisa
Mike Jill and Emily

Post by Mike Jill and Emily » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:19 am

While we were is Scotland we found the spray to be useless - 2 options were given to keep the wee beasties away ....

1 Do not use any fragranced body sprays or perfumes as it attracts them (non perfumed deoderant please, do not go without [-X )

2 Drink plenty of Guinness - the vitamin B is supposed to keep them at bay, either that or the alcohol in your blood allows them only one bite, after that they are unable to find you for a second bite :lol:

The first method makes sense, the second sounds more fun :wink:
Hotpot
Supreme Being

Post by Hotpot » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:57 am

Great pics Bongoplod :)

Tried everything for the nasties, but it does seem to help if you get one with the most DEET content in it, 50% I think is the highest you can get. Perhaps Wayne has stumbled upon something there, maybe you have to drink it :-& :lol: Personally, found in Scotland things got better after drinking whiskey and eating marmite (for the Vit B)!

Or maybe we should just get one of these to hire for meets
http://www.texol.co.uk/texol_midge.htm
Peg leg Pete
Supreme Being

Post by Peg leg Pete » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:46 pm

zaq Gillian saw that wasp :twisted: - sure it was a queen looking for a new nest site. Good job it didn't land on you! It did size up Keith and Karen's awning but Karen chased it out. Isn't she brave - no wonder she can take on a pheasant and win!! =D> This was posted by gillian :shock:
Image Pete

Return to “Fancy Meeting up & Bongo Trips”