Southern Softies Weekend

If you are going away somewhere and don't mind meeting up with other Bongo owners or if you've been somewhere & want to tell us about it & stick up your photos, put the details here.

Moderator: Jillygumbo

mobilecat
Supreme Being

Post by mobilecat » Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:44 am

Are there any northerners going to this bash or is anyone in the vicinity of manchester or anywhere nearby before going to this meet. Myself and Windswept are going to try and swap our awnings but we may need a little help to do it as I am in manchester and he is in High Wycome. He is hoping to book for this meet though so please give me a should by pm if you think you may be able to help us.

thanks bongo friends - and have a great meet.
Pete & Sue
Tribal Elder

Post by Pete & Sue » Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:47 am

Where's High Wycombe? Is it near the M42 or M6? We are off to Birkenhead at the beginning of April and then going to the Southern Softies.
Pete & Sue

Turned out nice again!
mobilecat
Supreme Being

Post by mobilecat » Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:52 am

Pete & Sue wrote:Where's High Wycombe? Is it near the M42 or M6? We are off to Birkenhead at the beginning of April and then going to the Southern Softies.
Now you are asking - I haven't a clue but I will find out;) You guys are such angels - I had a feeling if anyone may offer to assist in any way it would be you!
mobilecat
Supreme Being

Post by mobilecat » Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:00 am

I have just had a look at the map and its quite a bit below those motorways but he is happy to travel a little way to meet someone passing by etc.

Which way do you go to get across/around London and head North Westwards. I think it would be quite easy to get him to come to you somewhere on route if you were happy with this.
Pete & Sue
Tribal Elder

Post by Pete & Sue » Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:17 am

We usually go via M1 but I think we can go via M42. I'm a bit pissed so am going to bed. Will post demain, which it already is, when I've looked at map. Bye for now.
Pete & Sue

Turned out nice again!
mobilecat
Supreme Being

Post by mobilecat » Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:19 am

Pete & Sue wrote:We usually go via M1 but I think we can go via M42. I'm a bit pissed so am going to bed. Will post demain, which it already is, when I've looked at map. Bye for now.
bed - what a good idea. We will speak tommorrow. Take care and have a good nights sleep.
Windswept
Bongonaut

Awning collection & delivery

Post by Windswept » Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:30 am

Hello Pete & Sue, & Mobilecat.

Allow me to introduce myself - I am Windswept, apprentice of Aragorn, resident in the (Buckingham)Shire :!: To be precise, High Wycombe is nestled above Junction 4 of the M40, about 14 minutes outside the M25.

Pete & Sue; if you are going from Kent, do you travel around the South of the M25? Then, as you mention the M42 & M6, it sounds as if you use the M40 - is that correct? If so, you pass within 3 miles of my humble castle!

It would be good to meet you & have a chat; you are welcome at my place, with the offer of tea/coffee/a break from driving.
Or we could meet in the lounge of the Holiday Inn at Junction 4, where they do a decent cappuccino, on me of course :)
I appreciate the offer, & will do what I can to minimise the inconvenience.

[[Note: I used to travel up to Bolton alternate weekends, until my partner capitulated & moved down here, so I tried all possible routes :wink: .
I would always recommend the M40 not the M1, & also the South & West edges of Birmingham (M42 & M5), which are generally clearer than the East & North edges (M42 & M6).]]

Let me know
Cheers,
Paul / Windswept
Blue/Silver AFT, named TIKI, the Hawaiian God of fair winds & good fortune.
Plus a Quechua Base.
mobilecat
Supreme Being

Post by mobilecat » Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:33 am

Pete and Sue and real adoptive northerners - they spend nearly as much time here as we do :)
Pete & Sue
Tribal Elder

Post by Pete & Sue » Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:37 am

Hello Windswept,

It will be no problem to take the M40 to meet up with you, just as long as there are no 'Armed Response Teams' in the area!

Not sure when I shall be travelling but as soon as we sort dates I will be in touch. What are the best days for you?

I take it that it's OK to deliver the swap at the 'Southern Softies', although we will be travelling back to Kent before that date and could possibly deliver before the 'Softies'.

Will keep you informed and let you know as soon as poss. Look forward to meeting you,

Pete.
Pete & Sue

Turned out nice again!
mobilecat
Supreme Being

Post by mobilecat » Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:43 am

Hey Pete and Sue - this looks like it may work. I am quite happy to run over to Birkenhead whilst you are here to deliver and pick up etc. so this end should be easy. Ooh I am excited. Its not quite one like yours but its close.
Pete & Sue
Tribal Elder

Post by Pete & Sue » Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:05 pm

Hello cat,
Looks like it's going to happen for you. I'll let you know our travel arrangements, when they're sorted, and then we can arrange pick up.
Pete & Sue

Turned out nice again!
Windswept
Bongonaut

Post by Windswept » Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:10 pm

Hello Pete & Sue, you are real troopers 8)!

I can assure you that the Armed Response Units have long since left the area; I think they are protecting Mr Darling these days :roll:.
It was a bit off-putting having gun-toting plod combing the woods about a mile from us for weeks, but they found nothing of any import - no weapons of destruction of any size :)!

Bearing in mind that we have been known to arrive at campsites in the dark :oops:, we'd prefer to have had a chance to put up a new-to-us awning at leisure beforehand! So if poss, could we meet twice?

If you are either going or returning via the M1, I'm happy to zoom over to Watford area - you are doing us a big favour, after all.

I'll PM mobilecat with thisdata.
Looking forward to meeting you.
Paul
Blue/Silver AFT, named TIKI, the Hawaiian God of fair winds & good fortune.
Plus a Quechua Base.
Pete & Sue
Tribal Elder

Post by Pete & Sue » Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:14 pm

It's no problem to use the M40 and to do the two meetings so that you have a few days to try it out before the 'Softies'.
Pete & Sue

Turned out nice again!
Pete & Sue
Tribal Elder

Post by Pete & Sue » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:47 pm

I haven't forgotten you, will be going to Birkenhead week after Easter.
Pete & Sue

Turned out nice again!
mobilecat
Supreme Being

Post by mobilecat » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:56 am

Excellent - its wrapped up and ready in the porch so send me a mesage and in the words of the song 'I'll be there'.

Return to “Fancy Meeting up & Bongo Trips”