Scottish Bongo Bash (23 to 26 May 2008) Linnhe Lochside

If you are going away somewhere and don't mind meeting up with other Bongo owners or if you've been somewhere & want to tell us about it & stick up your photos, put the details here.

Moderator: Jillygumbo

brorabongo
Supreme Being

Re: Scottish Bongo Bash (23 to 26 May 2008) Linnhe Lochside

Post by brorabongo » Mon May 19, 2008 9:35 pm

:lol: No one here at home likes them. They come from a multi pack, and we don't what to dump them. So would love to give them away.

Should I of posted this in the free/wanted section? :lol:

Congratulations DBO on reaching 2k posts :D
ボンゴの激怒 pictures
Run your fingers over my Bongo, and I'll run my Bongo over your fingers!! :twisted:
daveblueozzie
Supreme Being

Post by daveblueozzie » Mon May 19, 2008 9:43 pm

bring them along im sure the familys will take some off your hands, i will even take some to the ISLE OF LEWIS for the kids there.
Lost without my Bongo.
Ian
Supreme Being

Post by Ian » Thu May 22, 2008 12:46 pm

That's it! We are all packed and ready to go. Staying in Glasgow tonight, then on to Linnhe Lochside in the morning. Don't forget your shorts.....I've arranged for good weather (and sent the rain down south).

See you there! :D
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.
MountainGoat
Supreme Being

Post by MountainGoat » Thu May 22, 2008 6:49 pm

Arrrg! Good weather brings on the midges. We will soon be praying for a spot of rain to drive them away.

Next time arrange for some dry, warm and windy weather Ian. midges don't like the wind either.
Former SGL5 Owner Jeep Cherokee 2.5CRD Burstner Ixeo Time it585
dandywarhol
Supreme Being

Post by dandywarhol » Fri May 23, 2008 12:03 am

You DON'T want rain - that drives them out of hiding! If it's a flat calm on Loch Lhinnie then splash out the cream, or come over to Loch Rannoch - there's to be more wind there :lol:

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/ ... ather.html
Whale oil beef hooked
Renault Lunar Telstar
Yamaha TD1C 250, Merc SLK200, KTM Duke 690
mister munkey
Supreme Being

Post by mister munkey » Fri May 23, 2008 10:34 pm

The Munkey Clan will be stalking you for a place to stay on Saturday night.

Be Warned!!
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. http://www.travelblog.org/Bloggers/MisterMunkey
brorabongo
Supreme Being

Post by brorabongo » Sat May 24, 2008 11:29 pm

Only a couple of pictures. Due to chatting so much, I nearly forgot to get the camera out.

Daveblueozzie, Dabs, Bigdaddycain all side on with mine on the left, Great to meet you guys, oh and Blue, Ozzie and Roo. :D

Brillient weather, and is suppose to get better still. :shock: We had a short walk around the lovely site, with very clean facilities. and had quick chats with a few others.....Hi Edward Holman, Ian, and the two down the hill a bit, sorry forgot your names. :oops:

Sorry I did not get to speak to you Mountaingoat, I'll catch up with you both sometime!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Then It was on to see dandywarhol at the Kilvrecht site, another great location, busy yet peacefull. We passed 2 Bongo's when near the site, one on the way there and one on leaving.

Sorry about the picture dandy, it was taken by our youngest lad. We did not know about it, until all photos were downloaded on PC... Little monkey!!

Talking of monkeys, was that you we passed (again :lol:) Mr Munkey?

and finally one of the River Garry at Struan, taken from the bongo under the railway bridge-

The photo does not do it justice.

We had a great run, could of been around 350 miles? Never thought of setting the trip this morning :?
ボンゴの激怒 pictures
Run your fingers over my Bongo, and I'll run my Bongo over your fingers!! :twisted:
Ian
Supreme Being

Post by Ian » Mon May 26, 2008 10:40 pm

We are back! But had to leave a day early. If you want to know why, read the full account here:

http://www.igmaynard.co.uk/bongo/tales/midge.htm
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.
Doone
Supreme Being

Post by Doone » Mon May 26, 2008 11:48 pm

Ouch! :shock: You have my sympathy. (The site & scenery look cracking!)
Allan's closed. in Plymouth we recommend PGS (Plymouth Garage Services) or Mayflower Auto Services
missfixit70
Supreme Being

Post by missfixit70 » Mon May 26, 2008 11:57 pm

Looks lovely, shame about the midges :(
Dandy have you used gazebo sides on your pull out awning? If so how did you fix them, I was thinking about doing something similar, I'm hoping to get hold of some marquee side panels.
You can't polish a turd - but you can roll it in glitter.
dandywarhol
Supreme Being

Post by dandywarhol » Tue May 27, 2008 8:42 pm

Yep, used gazebo sides Kirsty - and shower curtain rings to secure it to the top Caravanstore rails.
The hems were "wonderwebbed" and brass eyelets fitted to the bottom. They're great and fully enclose the 3 sides :D
Whale oil beef hooked
Renault Lunar Telstar
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Tue May 27, 2008 9:21 pm

dandywarhol wrote:Yep, used gazebo sides Kirsty - and shower curtain rings to secure it to the top Caravanstore rails.
The hems were "wonderwebbed" and brass eyelets fitted to the bottom. They're great and fully enclose the 3 sides :D
Now there's a handy tip. Hmmm makes me think. If you got a piece of that cheap blue plastic tarpaulin from B&Q and sized it correctly, you could use one piece to go through both Caravanstore rails and fall down to make both sides, the bottoms of which could be pegged down. Taking it a stage further, it could have a front too if a t-shaped piece was cut, an you could use a storm pole across the front for the front wall to be passed over before being pegged down. Might be a cheap, light and quick to put up way to make my Caravanstore fully enclosed.

Thanks Dandy :lol:

Oh Lordy, another DIY project looms :?
Dago & Mrs D
Supreme Being

Post by Dago & Mrs D » Wed May 28, 2008 10:23 am

Ian wrote:We are back! But had to leave a day early. If you want to know why, read the full account here:

http://www.igmaynard.co.uk/bongo/tales/midge.htm
Brings a whole new meaning for "Something for the weekend Sir!" :-k

Hope you both recover in time for the BasH - just make sure you've fumegaited the bongo =D> =D>
dandywarhol
Supreme Being

Post by dandywarhol » Wed May 28, 2008 12:27 pm

mikeonb4c wrote:
dandywarhol wrote:Yep, used gazebo sides Kirsty - and shower curtain rings to secure it to the top Caravanstore rails.
Now there's a handy tip. Hmmm makes me think. If you got a piece of that cheap blue plastic tarpaulin from B&Q and sized it correctly, you could use one piece to go through both Caravanstore rails and fall down to make both sides, the bottoms of which could be pegged down. Taking it a stage further, it could have a front too if a t-shaped piece was cut, an you could use a storm pole across the front for the front wall to be passed over before being pegged down. Might be a cheap, light and quick to put up way to make my Caravanstore fully enclosed.

Thanks Dandy :lol:

Oh Lordy, another DIY project looms :?
There's enough gazebo material to go round the 3 sides (a window around the side and front pole). I use the Caravanstore rafter to make a doorway :D

PS......what about Yeo1's Georgian windows then! :wink:
Whale oil beef hooked
Renault Lunar Telstar
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Wed May 28, 2008 1:02 pm

Very neat that Dandy esp. for those of us unlikely to afford Fiamma Zip systems 8)

Return to “Fancy Meeting up & Bongo Trips”