Vehicle Excise Duty For Bongos

Anything non-technical about the Mazda Bongo Friendee van

Moderators: Bongoplod, aitch

madmanwayne

Re: Vehicle Excise Duty For Bongos

Post by madmanwayne » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:27 pm

Hi does this include the 2.5td 2wd version or the 4wd as i have a 5 seater/camper conversion flat roof imported in 2002 and is a 1995(n) thanks
scanner
Supreme Being

Post by scanner » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:56 pm

madmanwayne wrote:Hi does this include the 2.5td 2wd version or the 4wd as i have a 5 seater/camper conversion flat roof imported in 2002 and is a 1995(n) thanks
As said previously "it all depends".

I have a 1998 2.5TD 2WD TinTop imported in 2003 and pay the flat rate VED based on engine size.
mikexgough
Supreme Being

Post by mikexgough » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:05 am

mines up for RFL renewal at the end of Feb....£185...96N
Conversant with Bongo Top Pinion Oil Seals

Bongo owning Velotech Cycle Mechanic
PixieAndTheMoon
Supreme Being

Post by PixieAndTheMoon » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:08 am

Gosh what a can of worms!!

I suggest anyone that doesn't understand what catagory their Bongo fits into contact the DVLA to clarify the situation. If they are not happy with the response they get from them. Contact the transport minister (whoever they are) and then lobby the one eyed prime minister...

Jo
scanner
Supreme Being

Post by scanner » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:36 am

PixieAndTheMoon wrote:Gosh what a can of worms!!

I suggest anyone that doesn't understand what catagory their Bongo fits into contact the DVLA to clarify the situation. If they are not happy with the response they get from them. Contact the transport minister (whoever they are) and then lobby the one eyed prime minister...

Jo
And just what is that going to acheive?

Ian has already taken it up with DVLA and it all depends on many different factors - just as the same model of car registered in January 2001 can pay more or less VED that one registered in June 2001 so different Bongos registered on different dates can pay different rates of VED.

I don't see how bringing an unfortunate accident somebody (anybody) suffered in their teens affects the situation................................. [-X
PixieAndTheMoon
Supreme Being

Post by PixieAndTheMoon » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:56 am

My point is Scanner that it seems to me government are totally daft (clearly seen from the Mazda Bongo registration stance alone) and from my reckoning with previous campaigns about government and their stupidity the need hard lobbying. Gordon Brown is unfortunate to have lost an eye, but I have no sympathy for him as prime minister/leader because of that.

Jo
scanner
Supreme Being

Post by scanner » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:20 am

PixieAndTheMoon wrote:My point is Scanner that it seems to me government are totally daft (clearly seen from the Mazda Bongo registration stance alone) and from my reckoning with previous campaigns about government and their stupidity the need hard lobbying. Gordon Brown is unfortunate to have lost an eye, but I have no sympathy for him as prime minister/leader because of that.

Jo
None of this is the "Govt" as such it is the DVLA which is the Civil Service working within Policy set for them.

None of it is "Stupidity" as such, just having to draw lines in the sand when things change. It is just tough and pure chance if you are on the wrong side of the line after it is drawn.

Some drivers gained from the change to CO2 based VED others lost - that's life.

I hold no brief for Gordon Brown and don't agree with a lot of what he does, however as he doesn't appear to expect any sympathy for his disability, I see no relevance for it in this discussion.
PixieAndTheMoon
Supreme Being

Post by PixieAndTheMoon » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:28 pm

Sorry mates to take this off subject, I don't usually go back to my past posts... but!

"None of this is the "Govt" as such it is the DVLA which is the Civil Service working within Policy set for them".

Who do the DVLA work for then, the Government that pays their wages?

"None of it is "Stupidity" as such, just having to draw lines in the sand when things change. It is just tough and pure chance if you are on the wrong side of the line after it is drawn. Some drivers gained from the change to CO2 based VED others lost - that's life."

Tell America this.... who do very little about their vehicle emissions.

"I hold no brief for Gordon Brown and don't agree with a lot of what he does, however as he doesn't appear to expect any sympathy for his disability, I see no relevance for it in this discussion".

Gordon Brown sold off at least half our Countries gold assets.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstop ... llion.html

The assets my forefathers and me have worked for. We seem to be using Europeans to do jobs our children should be up for but are not trained for, unable to do, or don't want to do.

Jo

I will go back in my box and not stand on it again lol sorry .....
scanner
Supreme Being

Post by scanner » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:08 pm

PixieAndTheMoon wrote:Sorry mates to take this off subject, I don't usually go back to my past posts... but!

"None of this is the "Govt" as such it is the DVLA which is the Civil Service working within Policy set for them".

Who do the DVLA work for then, the Government that pays their wages?

"None of it is "Stupidity" as such, just having to draw lines in the sand when things change. It is just tough and pure chance if you are on the wrong side of the line after it is drawn. Some drivers gained from the change to CO2 based VED others lost - that's life."

Tell America this.... who do very little about their vehicle emissions.

"I hold no brief for Gordon Brown and don't agree with a lot of what he does, however as he doesn't appear to expect any sympathy for his disability, I see no relevance for it in this discussion".

Gordon Brown sold off at least half our Countries gold assets.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstop ... llion.html

The assets my forefathers and me have worked for. We seem to be using Europeans to do jobs our children should be up for but are not trained for, unable to do, or don't want to do.

Jo

I will go back in my box and not stand on it again lol sorry .....
No sorry you've lost me there.

I wasn't aware Americans had to pay VED

One point though......

The people who suggest the policy that politicians vote on are usually the Civil Servants in the relevant departments.

Few ideas actually come from politicians themselves that's why they employ advisers and Civil Servants in Policy Departments.

And what has selling off the gold got to do with VED?

All anyone buying a Bongo has to do is check what VED band it is in first and don't buy a CO2 rated one if they don't want to pay the higher rate.
mikexgough
Supreme Being

Post by mikexgough » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:33 pm

mikexgough wrote:mines up for RFL renewal at the end of Feb....£185...96N
Got my 12 months RFL today.......£185.......I almost fell over when I was asked for £210... [-X [-X [-X and I did question the amount and I was told it was a mistake to have asked me for that amount........and this was at the DVLA office in Peterborough [-X [-X :shock: :shock:

trevd01

Post by trevd01 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:53 pm

Budget today 22 April 2009

Rates of Vehicle tax from 1 May 2009

Cars registered before March 2001 (based on engine size)

Private/light goods (TC11)

Engine Size (cc) Over 1549

12 month rate £190

6 month rate £104.50
scanner
Supreme Being

Post by scanner » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:27 pm

Thanks - that reminded me to tax the other car online, as it's due 1st May.

It's been charged for at the old rate.
Ian
Supreme Being

Post by Ian » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:02 am

Hang on. Wasn't it previously announced (see opening post in this thread) that it would be £200 from 30 April 09?

Trev?
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.
mikexgough
Supreme Being

Post by mikexgough » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:41 am

When I got mine (from the DVLA at Peterborough) in February I was told it would "probably" be going up £5 from April....... obviously the Government have decided that their proposals were not favoured by the voting public.. #-o

scanner
Supreme Being

Post by scanner » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:27 am

Ian wrote:Hang on. Wasn't it previously announced (see opening post in this thread) that it would be £200 from 30 April 09?

Trev?

So I suppose that is all wrong as well - taking notice of the electorate?

Waiting with bated breath for the "Thank you so much, Darling!" thread.

Return to “Bongo Chat”