One Bongo gone (Dave up north), another Bongo coming

Moderator: Muzorewa

Ron Miel
Supreme Being

One Bongo gone (Dave up north), another Bongo coming

Post by Ron Miel » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:09 am

Hi everybody.

David and Dianne here, in Chester, soon to be new Bongo parents, when the midwives at Imperial Cars finish the delivery.

New shape petrol V6/Imperial Purbeck conversion/LPG dual fuel conversion. Hope they don't have to use forceps.

As conceived in the Land of the Rising Sun, pre-conversion, below:

Already been getting great PM help via the forum on the subject of Propex heaters (and existing cooker burners) fuelled from a separate underfloor 20Kg refillable LPG leisure tank.

May be too tight for space though, due to existing underfloor LPG fuel tank but am getting Gas Sure (http://www.gasure.co.uk - recommended by Propex), also in Chester, to have a look at it when baby is delivered. Anybody done this already, and/or dealt with Gas Sure? Steve Shaw there seems to be a really knowledgable and helpful guy but has mainly worked on (shhhhh!) campervans with a more Teutonic flavour - look at his reviews, they like him.

Look forward to meeting and meanwhile to posting :-)
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed picture host link
2001-V6-LPG-AFT-black on silver-Imperial Purbeck camper

(Ron miel=honey rum from the Canaries)
AndAndDen
Supreme Being

Re: One Bongo gone (Dave up north), another Bongo coming

Post by AndAndDen » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:13 am

Welcome and Hi David & Dianne. Get yourselves to one of the meets.Would be good to meet you :) .

Happy Bongoing :lol: Dont forget to post some pics of your Bongo :wink:
Get a Life ,Get a Bongo. !!!
Ron Miel
Supreme Being

Post by Ron Miel » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:21 am

Not sure I got the image posting process right in my previous posting. I can only see the image URL. If it's the same for everybody, and anyone can see what I did wrongly, grateful for enlightenment, please.

Thanks/regards

David

brorabongo
Supreme Being

Post by brorabongo » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:42 pm

Just missing a " ] " on the end?

Welcome, by the way. :D
ボンゴの激怒 pictures
Run your fingers over my Bongo, and I'll run my Bongo over your fingers!! :twisted:
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:56 pm

Welcome Ron and nice to have another NW Bongo member aboard. Sounds like you have a wonderful Bongo on the way and send more pics (the one posted seems v small) when you can.

And enjoy the new mota. Retirement, with just a hint of Bongo makes for a refreshing time. 8)
karena
Supreme Being

Post by karena » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:15 pm

retirement - i wish - i just had to pretend to be some-one from accounts as she had just pretended to be some-one else and said she was on lunch - when i asked for the guy who he said he was, the one who answered said he was off sick which means some-one else must have been pretending to be him earlier.
welcome to the mad house - the above is why i need a bongo because theyre all sane on here :lol: :lol: :lol:
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being

Post by mikeonb4c » Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:53 pm

karena wrote:retirement - i wish - i just had to pretend to be some-one from accounts as she had just pretended to be some-one else and said she was on lunch - when i asked for the guy who he said he was, the one who answered said he was off sick which means some-one else must have been pretending to be him earlier.
welcome to the mad house - the above is why i need a bongo because theyre all sane on here :lol: :lol: :lol:
Quite right I fear, Karen. The likes of you and me are taking our retirement now, on the hoof, in bits, thanks to the Bongo. I watched a Bob Marley DVD last night that I'd treated myself to. I loved his lines:
Some people say, great God will come from the sky
Take away everything, and make everybody feel high
But if you know what life is worth
You will search for yours on earth
So now you've seen the light - Stand up for you rights
I don't know why, but that line has stuck in my head down the years. Wouldn't go down well in church though - ha ha! 8)
Ron Miel
Supreme Being

Post by Ron Miel » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:18 pm

Thanks for first-posting day welcomes.

Up the wooden hill now to dream about our black on silver AFT, and hope that she's being properly cared for in the labour ward down at Imperial.

We'll certainly get to some meets after 'she' (haven't agreed her name yet with Mrs Miel - nor have I yet got permish to add an Um Bongo sticker!) arrives, and we look forward to meeting you senior NW bongonauts.

Quick question before my ascent into dreamland - why does the NW board so greatly outnumber all the others in numbers of topics and postings? Are there that many more Bongos here for some reason?

'night all.

karena
Supreme Being

Post by karena » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:28 am

its because they never stop talking not like us taciturn yorkshire folk.

bob marley fantastic - I think his highs were more likely to be grown on a bush than found in the sky. :lol: :lol: :lol:

stand up for my rights - all the signs are that parts of my job are gradually being spread around colleagues -and the marketing/advertising budget is slashed -I could be being paranoid but just in case, my old employment law stuff is coming out this weekend -redundnacy payments of particular interest :( - perhaps i will be joining the ranks of the retired for a couple of months - hopefully summer bongo months. :D
jetskier
Tribal Elder

Post by jetskier » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:40 am

WELCOME RON,WE ARE ONLY UP THE ROAD AT EASTHAM

GOOD LUCK WITH THE NEW BONGO

DAVE,BEV+4
" if you carnt bongo,then PARTY"
NMOAD
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being

Post by mikeonb4c » Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:30 pm

Ron Miel wrote:Quick question before my ascent into dreamland - why does the NW board so greatly outnumber all the others in numbers of topics and postings? Are there that many more Bongos here for some reason?'night all.
Must be the long dark nights up here. Or is it the long dark summers. I get the two confused these days :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ron Miel
Supreme Being

Post by Ron Miel » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:17 pm

Thought it must be something like that between this and that side of the Pennines at least Karena, but there are some right old chatterboxes in some of the other regions.

What about the cheerful cockney sparrows? Too flush perhaps (until now, anyway) to have the sense to buy a Bongo - wouldn't look good alongside the Porsche, you know. Confession, we're runaway Londoners ourselves - best thing we ever did though.

Re taciturn Yorkshire people, I loved Bill Bryson's bit in "Notes from a Small Island": after he had lived for many years in the Dales, he noticed that farmers were finally, and reluctantly, beginning to lift just one hooked finger in greeting when he met them in their Land Rovers - he calls it "The Yorkshire Wave"!

Hi, and thanks Dave, Bev and 4.

Dave up north

Post by Dave up north » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:34 pm

Aaaah. So... Dave and Diane think they are going to replace Dave up North, do they???
Can you get drunk enough on 3 cans of Carlsberg to try it on with Mrs Waycar?
He He He.

Welcome to ya both.

Dave (the one in the tent)
Dave up north

Post by Dave up north » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:35 pm

Ooops. Just re read my post and must apologise to Mrs Waycar.
I dont need to be THAT drunk to try it on with ya Manda!!! He He He lol
Ron Miel
Supreme Being

Post by Ron Miel » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:59 pm

Hi Dave oop north. No, I don't presume to aspire to replace a Supreme Being. Hope nobody is replacing you, and you'll still be around. It's just numerical ya know - one more Bongo into the fold and, after all, I've liberated it from darn sarf.

As for the fair lady, I'll certainly give her a flash if we meet on the road while riding our Bongos but not while under the influensh of scandinoovian laga - honest offisha.

After that, who knows, after all I'm only a, presumably young and sexy, apprentice bon go nought! Well, look at the avatar - have you ever seen such a lovely pair of knees?

Return to “North West”