Windermere - Hill Of Oaks Fri 8th/Sat 9th May

Moderator: Muzorewa

Diane
Bongolier

Windermere - Hill Of Oaks Fri 8th/Sat 9th May

Post by Diane » Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:56 pm

After chatting to a few folk at the weekend it became apparent that there's a bit of a gap in the diary for a meet. I've been to see the nice people at the beautiful Hill of Oaks site on the shores of Lake Windermere this morning. Some of you may have been here a couple of years ago on a NW do.
Heres the deal - they have ONLY 15 pitches available on this and most other weekends. So I'm afraid it has to be on a first come first served basis.
The cost is £15 per night with leccy so if you're interested stick your name down asap!

http://www.hillofoaks.co.uk/

Priority has to go to those wanting 2 nights.

Di

UPDATE

This meet is now fully booked. We have managed to accommodate all interested parties. :D

Only problem is that I need one of the Saturday night only peeps to go without leccy. If any of you can help me out on this let me know. There is always the lake to chill your beer in :wink: EDIT: Note that this has now been resolved :wink:

I will require a deposit of 50% off you all to secure the booking please. I'll PM you my address to send cheques to.
Day visitors are more than welcome. We have found a nice place for the NW marquee near the lake too. This is going to be a great meet in a fantastic location with a lovely bunch of people. Bring it on. :D :D Can't wait

Di and Jamie
waycar8
dreamwarrior
Muz
hatris
AndAndDen
Hotpot
mikeonb4c
jetskier
snow_kiter
karena
ChellandAdy
mister munkey
stilldesperate
PixieAndTheMoon (Sat only)
rabbitsquasher (Sat only)
Sue & Paul

UPDATE 29.04.09

I have now received all the deposits thank you and confirmed things with the site. We can arrive from 12 noon on the Friday. The site operates a mostly one way system, so providing you are going the right way you will see us on the first pitch as you get down to the lake. You will then need to head for the touring park. Me or Jamie will be around and will point you in the right direction. I will collect any outstanding balances in cash during the weekend.

This is a caravan site so strictly NO TENTS are allowed. An awning is OK as long as there is only one awning per pitch. It’s to do with the site's licence. Don’t ask! The pitches are completely hard-standing gravel over hard-core, so you will need hard ground pegs for your awnings.

The mobile phone coverage is a bit patchy. I have Orange which manages a text up there but no calls. O2 is similar. I don’t know about the other networks sorry.

There is no extra charge for the showers. The ladies has a hairdryer provided (For Trish). The site has a well stocked licensed shop.

On the Friday night we shall have a Jacobs Join. For those of you new to this, all it means is we will have a buffet and you need to bring a contribution - sweet, savoury or drink. This is of course optional but the rules are if you want to eat something you have to have brought something. It’s the law. Andy and Denise as always will be providing paper plates etc.

On Saturday late afternoon/early evening we will aim to have a BBQ by the lake. Again this is optional. Just do what ever you are comfortable with.

On the Sunday the pitches normally have to be vacated by 12 noon. However the site has said there is no rush for us to leave except a couple of the pitches are booked. So if we have everything packed and ready to go we can just pull off which ever pitches they need and we can then spend more time there - if you want to that is.

The site operates a keypad security system on the exit barrier so you will need to get that off me or ask at the shop. The entrance barrier is normally up.

Unfortunately we couldn't get all the pitches together and there are 3 pitches set quite away from the rest of the group. I have volunteered us, Waycar8 and Jetskier to have these. I want to keep the riff raff away from the rest of the group so you can have a relaxed time. (I’m not riff-raff of course – I’ll be there just to make sure they behave.)

I think I've covered most things there. Lots of blah blah I know.
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Re: Windermere - Hill Of Oaks Fri 8th/Sat 9th May

Post by Muzorewa » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:40 pm

Sounds good - do we book with you or them?

If it's with you, count us in :wink:
Diane
Bongolier

Post by Diane » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:48 pm

Yes book with me. 8) Consider yourself on the list.
hatris
Tribal Elder

Post by hatris » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:11 pm

Hello we will be interested please.
AndAndDen
Supreme Being

Post by AndAndDen » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:24 pm

And us please Di :)
Get a Life ,Get a Bongo. !!!
Hotpot
Supreme Being

Post by Hotpot » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:25 pm

Hi guys,
Me too please 8)
in the hobnobmobile
Harry
Supreme Being

Post by Harry » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:36 pm

Well done Di.

Unfortunately I'm off to the sunny South of France for 10 days :( :lol: :lol:

Have a good weekend peeps.

H 8)
http://watcherswildlife.co.uk

Towing a shed with a Citroen C4 Picasso 1.6hdi vtr+
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:54 pm

Thats weird, Di. I thought I'd posted 1st up at lunchtime to ask if you could hold a place for me while I check the diary etc. for family commitments. Flaming well didn't post :evil: .

Not sure if I'll be allowed to go but will get back ASAP to confirm either way. Sounds like a grand event & brill for getting it organised. =D> :D
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:01 pm

Mike, we'll put your name in the hat so you don't get crushed in the stampede this evening :lol:
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:10 pm

Muzorewa wrote:Mike, we'll put your name in the hat so you don't get crushed in the stampede this evening :lol:
Ooh yes please. Perhaps Mrs Muz could lend me her wheelchair to fend them off with :lol:
jetskier
Tribal Elder

Post by jetskier » Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:20 pm

me too please with hook up
" if you carnt bongo,then PARTY"
NMOAD
snow_kiter
Bongolier

Post by snow_kiter » Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:55 pm

Yes please! 2 nights!

At this rate I'm never going to find time to get mine into the body shop for a week.
waycar8
Supreme Being

Post by waycar8 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:34 pm

yeah.............this site is in an excellent location and its a very nice site to boot, its on the lakeside, and we have our own private bit of beach on Windermere, was blazing sun last time and we all had a bbq at the lake shore whilst the kids played in the lake..........bliss :wink:
Diane
Bongolier

Post by Diane » Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:12 pm

Thanks for the fast responses to this chaps. :D A bbq on the lakeside sounds like a good plan to me - weather permitting of course. Last Easter my boys went in the lake on a weirdly warm day so fingers crossed for a bit of sunshine. When I was there this morning the sun was shining on the lake. Beautiful. I reckon the piccies on the website don't do it justice.

Muz is kindly updating this thread for me. When I've got numbers confirmed I'll let you know the finer details. (like how and when to pay!)
Cheers for now

Di
AndAndDen
Supreme Being

Post by AndAndDen » Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:38 pm

Ohh Barby and a party by the Lakeside sounds great =D> =D>
Nice one Di & Jamie for organising this one =D> =D> =D>
Get a Life ,Get a Bongo. !!!

Return to “North West”