Lickhill Manor, Stourport on Severn 17 to 22 June

Moderator: Ian

aitch
Supreme Being

Re: Best in show etc

Post by aitch » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:06 am

How about 1st grownup to bed with a cup of hot cocoa. I'm bound to win

Thats a little sad Mike???
Be nice to everyone they might be nice back.

Come to the dark side we have chocolate dark chocolate
Ron Miel
Supreme Being

Post by Ron Miel » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:39 am

bigdaddycain wrote:Aw, go on then...I'll let you off with the tyres ron! :lol:

Correct me if i'm wrong...But you have an LPG conversion? I'm guessing the tank takes up the space where your spare used to live,and you needed a new location to house the wheel?

On your avatar pic the wheel looks brand new, never been used? It seems a neat installation on your avatar pic, many would be interested in seeing that in more detail... :wink:
Ta for letting me off bdc - most relieved, as even us Time Lords shouldn't upset Supreme Beings, well not too much anyway :lol:

No correction needed. That's why the spare is on the Terzo ladder. Installation details here http://www.igmaynard.co.uk/bongo/forum/ ... 3&start=15

EDIT: The spare was a rusty old space saver Mike at Wheelquick kindly gave me. Bit of black Hammerite on the wheel, and washed the mud out of the tyre treads, and yes, she's as good as new :D

Cheers
David aka Ron
2001-V6-LPG-AFT-black on silver-Imperial Purbeck camper

(Ron miel=honey rum from the Canaries)
bigdaddycain
Supreme Being

Post by bigdaddycain » Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:16 pm

Ron Miel wrote:
Bit of black Hammerite on the wheel, and washed the mud out of the tyre treads, and yes, she's as good as new :D

Cheers
David aka Ron
That's pimpin' baby!...Welcome to the club! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ :wink:
ビッグダディケイン RIP Big Bank Hank (Imp the Dimp) 1957-2014
bigdaddycain
Supreme Being

Post by bigdaddycain » Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:26 pm

If there is a kids voted best in show, i'd better chuck a bucket of water over mine before the bash i suppose... :roll: (i'll have a bucketfull of 10p mix-ups for bribing the kids with too!) 8-[
Jillygumbo
Supreme Being

Post by Jillygumbo » Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:14 pm

bigdaddycain wrote:If there is a kids voted best in show, i'd better chuck a bucket of water over mine before the bash i suppose... :roll: (i'll have a bucketfull of 10p mix-ups for bribing the kids with too!) 8-[
Why would throwing a bucket of water over the kids help? #-o
Jillygumbo, Tonto & Ruca
The night conceals the world, but reveals the universe!
bigdaddycain
Supreme Being

Post by bigdaddycain » Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:26 pm

:lol: Erm...They'd smell a bit better?? :?
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:51 pm

aitch wrote:
How about 1st grownup to bed with a cup of hot cocoa. I'm bound to win

Thats a little sad Mike???
Not the next morning it isnt when waycar8 and the rest of the late night wrecking crew stagger past all red eyed and muttering 'Never again' :lol:

As Clint Eastwood famously said:

A man's got to know his limitations
8)
Ron Miel
Supreme Being

Post by Ron Miel » Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:59 am

bigdaddycain wrote:
Ron Miel wrote:
Bit of black Hammerite on the wheel, and washed the mud out of the tyre treads, and yes, she's as good as new :D

Cheers
David aka Ron
Nah, that's keeping the spare clean so I don't get like your kids when I have to handle it. Like I said, "Advantageously Accessorised" - we deinitely need a best in show class for that :lol:

According to our local rag, even the Cheshire Police have been running a "Pimp a Panda" competition at a local art school, and the winning design will be launched soon, and adopted on the force pandas :roll: Wonder if there's a speeding Bongo decal in it #-o Didn't need an art school of course - Bongo Fury could have done it for 'em :twisted:

bigdaddycain
Supreme Being

Post by bigdaddycain » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:53 am

Ron Miel wrote:
bigdaddycain wrote:
Ron Miel wrote:

Cheers
David aka Ron
Nah, that's keeping the spare clean so I don't get like your kids when I have to handle it.
:? I wasn't aware that any of my children had ever handled your spare wheel? :?
Ron Miel
Supreme Being

Post by Ron Miel » Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:54 pm

bigdaddycain wrote:
Ron Miel wrote:[quote="bigdaddycainThat's pimpin' baby!...Welcome to the club! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ :wink:
Nah, that's keeping the spare clean so I don't get like your kids when I have to handle it.
:? I wasn't aware that any of my children had ever handled your spare wheel? :?[/quote]
Well, it got very grubby somewhere before I didn't pimp it. Come on then, own up, who did it? #-o

Michael Winner

Post by Michael Winner » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:17 am

Sorry... But i got my grubby little wrinkly mitts on it. Can i interest you in some extra insurance Ronald?
bigdaddycain
Supreme Being

Post by bigdaddycain » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:20 am

Michael Winner wrote:Sorry... But i got my grubby little wrinkly mitts on it. Can i interest you in some extra insurance Ronald?
Michael.... If you don't fluff off i shall be forced to tip a plate of steaming pot noodle on your deformed little bonce! Now HOP IT! :evil:
Michael Winner

Post by Michael Winner » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:23 am

bigdaddycain wrote:
Michael Winner wrote:Sorry... But i got my grubby little wrinkly mitts on it. Can i interest you in some extra insurance Ronald?
Michael.... If you don't fluff off i shall be forced to tip a plate of steaming pot noodle on your deformed little bonce! Now HOP IT! :evil:
CALM DOWN DEAR! [-X [-X [-X
boyfrombrasil
Bongolier

Post by boyfrombrasil » Sat May 02, 2009 8:22 pm

Ian wrote:2 years ago we had a "Best Dressed Bongo" competition, where we asked the kids to go around the site on Sunday morning and score Bongos on a scale of 1 to 5. We could ask them to do the same again this year, perhaps over the duration of their stay (Kung Foo Panda is on Sunday morning) with various categories (best pimped, shiniest, tattiest?) we then count the votes, and the winner being announced at the AGM on Sunday lunch time. Gold cup for the winners perhaps?
not so old wrote:I used to attend the MINI shows. They had contest and judges for best This and Best that, but the funny non serious contest was for the Tattiest car :lol: Now that was funny, as they purposely made their cars look scruffy. I would win with no effort! :lol: :lol:
Brilliant Ian,

I always new there was a reason my ex has made our Bongo look the way it does..... We shall thank her under our breath if we win! :lol: And to think that we were actually in the process of trying to make Bungle look like he belongs back in the Bongo community but we will have to put that on hold for now. We'll think about bringing the new bits and do a sort of "Challenge DBO/Bigdaddycain" after the AGM and give them 1 hour to transform Bungle back to normal!!!

So the challenge is on 'not so old'. This is what you're up against http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/4379 ... allkc3.jpg

And it's been unpimped again since so that's not the finished article! You will have to wait to see the rest of it! :evil: :evil: :evil: :roll:
Bongo-ing. The beginning of life as Susie and I now know it...
not so old
Supreme Being

Post by not so old » Sat May 02, 2009 8:33 pm

boyfrombrasil wrote:
Ian wrote:2 years ago we had a "Best Dressed Bongo" competition, where we asked the kids to go around the site on Sunday morning and score Bongos on a scale of 1 to 5. We could ask them to do the same again this year, perhaps over the duration of their stay (Kung Foo Panda is on Sunday morning) with various categories (best pimped, shiniest, tattiest?) we then count the votes, and the winner being announced at the AGM on Sunday lunch time. Gold cup for the winners perhaps?
not so old wrote:I used to attend the MINI shows. They had contest and judges for best This and Best that, but the funny non serious contest was for the Tattiest car :lol: Now that was funny, as they purposely made their cars look scruffy. I would win with no effort! :lol: :lol:
Brilliant Ian,

I always new there was a reason my ex has made our Bongo look the way it does..... We shall thank her under our breath when we win! And to think that we were actually in the process of trying to make Bungle look like he belongs back in the Bongo community but we will have to put that on hold for now. We'll think about bringing the new bits and do a sort of "Challenge DBO/Bigdaddycain" after the AGM and give them 1 hour to transform Bungle back to normal!!!

So the challenge is on 'not so old'. This is what you're up against http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/4379 ... allkc3.jpg

And you should see the rest of it! :evil: :evil: :evil: :roll:
It doesn't look at all bad in the photos. Mine would definitely be the scruffiest :lol: However I can't make the bash this year :( and next year you will probably be the best :wink:
Things always get better after they are worse
So it's good to make things worse as soon as possible!

Return to “Bongo Bash 2009”