Southport airshow

Moderator: Muzorewa

Ron Miel
Supreme Being

Re: Southport airshow

Post by Ron Miel » Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:54 pm

Mrs M (no relation to Mister Munkey) isn't coming, so I'll aim to be there at 8. If I'm not though, please don't wait. Fairground's on my map and if I make Ainsdale, I reckon the Bongo will probably get to Southport OK :?
2001-V6-LPG-AFT-black on silver-Imperial Purbeck camper

(Ron miel=honey rum from the Canaries)
bigdaddycain
Supreme Being

Post by bigdaddycain » Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:51 pm

We hung around for a while last year anyway David...
Last edited by bigdaddycain on Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ビッグダディケイン RIP Big Bank Hank (Imp the Dimp) 1957-2014
hatris
Tribal Elder

Post by hatris » Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:01 am

Hi know it is late but went passed the southport carpark tonight on way home and thought we would report. All carparks in the area and that includes the fairground one we were at last year are charging £5 per car plus £8 per occupant. Only exception is children under 5 years old. Let us know you still thinking of going as it won't be any fun without you. We were in southport earlier in the day and spent a few hours in a traffic jam. Trish
Dabs
Supreme Being

Post by Dabs » Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:44 am

Thanks for that Trish!!

We are hoping to be there that early we can sneak in under enemy radar and snatch the best tactical positions without being intercepted :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No serioudly thanks for the warning luv!!

I will just make sure DBO has his wallet with him,its an inpenetrable barrier!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dave
Its Oh so quiet!!..Ex Terra Lucem!!..A Leopard can't change his spots!
daveblueozzie
Supreme Being

Post by daveblueozzie » Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:59 am

At those prices i can understand some people not wanting to go. that makes it an expensive day meet for most people. :evil: [-X
Lost without my Bongo.
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:19 am

Indeed, so for us that's £37.00 just to get in :shock:

I have to say that having watched from Lytham yesterday, there didn't seem to be anything like as much on display as last year. Sadly, at those prices, we're going to give it a miss.

Take some pics for us and we'll see you at Silverdale next weekend. :wink:
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:19 am

Checking the schedule here.... http://www.visitsouthport.com/airshow/a ... d-displays

.....it's definitely nowhere near the show it was last year :(
bigdaddycain
Supreme Being

Post by bigdaddycain » Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:14 pm

A fiver to get in our regular car park... I know what you mean about the lack of airborne attractions this year muz... But to be honest i was too busy nattering to notice that much mate! :lol: I'm just uploading a few piccies to photobucket, i'll post up the better one's later when i get home from work. :D

Thanks DBO for calling this meet,nice to finally meet the gentleman known as Ron Miel (David), great to meet Carlofreda too! :D (i'm on the case with your list of items) :wink:
ビッグダディケイン RIP Big Bank Hank (Imp the Dimp) 1957-2014
where's Wally???

Post by where's Wally??? » Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:27 pm

Me Carl & Ann would just like to say a big thankyou to all we met today at southport thanks for making us feel so welcome,
thanks for all the advice and look forward to meeting you all again at silverdale, a really nice bunch of people, =D> I applaud you all =D> . Thanks big daddy cain for looking out for my wish list, dont work to hard.
Carlo
wooden wheel
Bongolier

Post by wooden wheel » Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:53 pm

Thanks DBO for getting this meet together, nice to see the usual suspects (and new ones).
At last a day meet that we did'nt get rained on :shock: :shock: :shock:
Roll on Silverdale :)

Steve and Lynn
木の車輪

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
daveblueozzie
Supreme Being

Post by daveblueozzie » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:43 pm

It was nice to meet all the crew again plus ron miel and carolfrede. IT WAS JUST A FIVER FOR THE CAR PARK, sorry guys for those put off with the prices given ,the signs where a bit misleading it was £8 per person but only if you went on the sea front past the barriers. :?
The Vulcan bomber was awesome as the finale of the show, red arrows performed their usual perfect fantastic flying, the wing walker girls were a lot braver than me.
Lost without my Bongo.
rushmon
Bongonaut

Post by rushmon » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:48 pm

Thanks Dave for arranging a great meet today.Well done matey =D> =D> =D>
Had a great day and even better....no rain...brill!good to see everyone again.my mate Mark thought you were all a great bunch and much more friendly than his previous experience as a VWtype 2 owner.He's been toying with buying a Bongo for a while now but looks like he maybe joining the ranks in the new year.About bloody time!
Anyway Thanks again,see you all soon,Kev.

Each time i get in,it just makes Grin!!!
blobber
Supreme Being

Post by blobber » Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:01 pm

Where's the pics ?
Sorry we couldn't be there, iv'e been busy..............you'll see at Silverdale.
Alan & Dot

Yes sir, I can Bongo !!

I now walk with an angel by my side.
mister munkey
Supreme Being

Post by mister munkey » Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:15 pm

The Vulcan bought a tear to my eyes.

What a fantastic piece of classic engineering, incredible to think that was designed in 1948.

TheTyphoon was a really great display, Red Arrows faultless as always & The Blades (ex Red Arrow pilots completely trashing regular prop planes) defied all laws of physics.

Big big thanx to DBO for the call & thanks again to all that made it, good to meet the new(ish) faces too. =D>

I trust you're all not sitting in the queue to get out of the carpark. :? Took me 3 hours to get home. Over 2 of that just getting to the M6. :(

Will stick a few pics up tomorrow, got home to find Mini M has bent the bluetooth dongle.

Anybody need an unwanted child??

:|
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. http://www.travelblog.org/Bloggers/MisterMunkey
Dabs
Supreme Being

Post by Dabs » Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:42 pm

Good meet today Peeps!! :D Nice one DBO :D
It was worth going just to see the Vulcan again,in my case it was after a gap of 38 yrs,it brought back memories of Airshows with Dad all those years ago,it was just as awesome now as it was back then the people behind its restoration should be commended,also enjoyed The Blades as well as the Red Arrows of course,always a good show!!!
A good day out with good mates!!nice to meet Ron Meil and Carlofrede too,see you again soon. :D

Dabs 8)
Its Oh so quiet!!..Ex Terra Lucem!!..A Leopard can't change his spots!

Return to “North West”