Southport airshow

Moderator: Muzorewa

Ron Miel
Supreme Being

Re: Southport airshow

Post by Ron Miel » Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:28 pm

Just a huge thanks tonight to DBO for getting us all there, and thanks to everybody for the generous welcome given to this (nearly Supreme Being :lol: ) newbie. Sorry I've not made it before. You're a great crowd, and I thoroughly enjoyed your company. Also took me 3 hours to get home. Was considering just parking at a chippy and waiting there for next year's show at one point, it was so hard to get out of Southport - all because somebody was too tight fisted to put a copper on traffic control at the gate, to let southbound traffic actually turn south. Come the revolution :twisted: Photos tomorrow. Night night all, sweet dreams - especially sweet big ones for Dabs :lol:
2001-V6-LPG-AFT-black on silver-Imperial Purbeck camper

(Ron miel=honey rum from the Canaries)
daveblueozzie
Supreme Being

Post by daveblueozzie » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:06 am

Ron Miel wrote: Night night all, sweet dreams - especially sweet big ones for Dabs :lol:
:shock: :oops:
Lost without my Bongo.
shell&andy

Post by shell&andy » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:03 am

A big thanks to dbo for organising this meet =D> =D> it was a great day out ,great to see everyone again plus some new faces hope to see you all at silverdale. :D :)
andy 8)
Ron Miel
Supreme Being

Post by Ron Miel » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:07 am

Some peeps, Bongos and Red Arrows - more later. Note the bird trying to "join up", and one of the pix gives the game away, it's all done by wires :lol:

Ron Miel
Supreme Being

Post by Ron Miel » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:14 pm

No Bongo peeps, just planes and parachutes this post:

daveblueozzie
Supreme Being

Post by daveblueozzie » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:25 pm

A couple of vids of the Vulcan ,just click on the picture.

Lost without my Bongo.
kawasaki kid
Tribal Elder

Post by kawasaki kid » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:57 pm

Another good meet - two meets on the run without any of the wet stuff :shock: - ta Dave - only spoilt by having to go into work #-o managed to get from the car park to Crosby in under 20 mins =D> used some back roads to avoid the traffic and turned right when the signs said left [-X :D - nice to see the usual old faces and some new ones - can`t make Silverdale but roll on the next meet I can make it to.
If I had all the money I ever spent on my Freda ............ I`d spend it on my Freda.
Ron Miel
Supreme Being

Post by Ron Miel » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:35 pm

Nice vids DBO. Vulcan stills in this lot:

daveblueozzie
Supreme Being

Post by daveblueozzie » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:10 pm

I am afraid ron miel's pics put mine to shame, but he's was bigger than mine :shock: (his camera and lenses) [-X , anyway a few of my humble pics as well.

birds eye view for rushmon and his mate.

i wonder if bigdaddy got a better pic than me.

nice bongo ,but where is the plane ? :shock: :oops:
Lost without my Bongo.
Ron Miel
Supreme Being

Post by Ron Miel » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:18 pm

daveblueozzie wrote:I am afraid ron miel's pics put mine to shame, but he's was bigger than mine :shock: (his camera and lenses) [-X .........
.....and Ron took well over 200 photos, generating a great deal of cr*p in the process :lol:

blobber
Supreme Being

Post by blobber » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:24 pm

Great pics and vids peeps. i saw the Red Arrows on thursday going through their routine............right at the side of me on the A15 outside lincoln, made the journey there worth while.
Alan & Dot

Yes sir, I can Bongo !!

I now walk with an angel by my side.
Ron Miel
Supreme Being

Post by Ron Miel » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:46 am

Kev and Mark - look where you've ended up =D> Still, your backs were turned, so they can't track you down :lol:

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 30 September 2009 08:18
To: David xxxxx
Subject: RE: Red Two unmasked.....

David

Thank you very much for the images! I’ve put them in the crew room!

Regards,

Ash Steventon

Flying Officer Ash Steventon
Public Relations Assistant
Royal Air Force Aerobatic Team (The Red Arrows)
Royal Air Force Scampton
Lincolnshire
LN1 2ST

Tel: +44 (0) 1522 733110
Fax: +44 (0) 1522 733003

http://www.raf.mod.uk/reds

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: 28 September 2009 15:38
To: SCA RAFAT HQ-PRA
Subject: Red Two unmasked.....

...fly by wire indeed!

Crow auditions to replace him:

"CAW, this is a lark. CAW blimey - no it isn't! It's nine big red hawks on steroids. I'm out of here."

Southport yesterday.

bigdaddycain
Supreme Being

Post by bigdaddycain » Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:03 pm

Great pics David... (i was gonna post some till i saw yours!) :oops: Nice vids DBO! =D> It was of course a great daymeet,it's been a hectic week for me so I've only just had chance to post on here. It was a pity i had to leave the show for work at around 2.30... as i stepped from my house to leave for work i heard a familiar rumble, then over went the vulcan after all! So i did manage to see it after all without having to endure all those queues leaving the show! :D
ビッグダディケイン RIP Big Bank Hank (Imp the Dimp) 1957-2014
widdowson2008
Supreme Being

Post by widdowson2008 » Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:40 pm

bigdaddycain wrote:Great pics David... (i was gonna post some till i saw yours!) :oops: Nice vids DBO! =D> ! :D
Too true - not worth the bother of taking a camera if these two are going to be there is it? - Just copy their stuff. Brilliant pics. =D> =D> =D>

Question regarding Vulcan - We used to go to Finningly year after year with the kids and the last time we went was supposed to be the LAST flight of the Vulcan before it was scrapped. Very shortly after the airshow, The Falklands war kicked off and the Vulcan was reprieved and used to bomb the runway in Port Stanley (I think).
They have obviously scrapped the idea of scrapping the Vulcan, so is it just mothballed until we can find a new target to bomb? or have they suddenly realised what an iconic piece of gear it is?
Steve
Ron Miel
Supreme Being

Post by Ron Miel » Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:57 pm

widdowson2008 wrote:
bigdaddycain wrote:Great pics David... (i was gonna post some till i saw yours!) :oops: Nice vids DBO! =D> ! :D
Too true - not worth the bother of taking a camera if these two are going to be there is it? - Just copy their stuff. Brilliant pics. =D> =D> =D>

Question regarding Vulcan - We used to go to Finningly year after year with the kids and the last time we went was supposed to be the LAST flight of the Vulcan before it was scrapped. Very shortly after the airshow, The Falklands war kicked off and the Vulcan was reprieved and used to bomb the runway in Port Stanley (I think).
They have obviously scrapped the idea of scrapping the Vulcan, so is it just mothballed until we can find a new target to bomb? or have they suddenly realised what an iconic piece of gear it is?
I'm feeling bad about my pix, if they really have put off bdc and others from posting theirs - that's a real shame :( Certainly don't mean to show off with them but it is my hobby. Also took binoculars but was so busy taking pix, I didn't use them. Next time, I'll leave the camera behind and use my eyes instead.

Vulcans have definitely been long since scrapped, museum'd, and otherwise disposed of by the RAF, Steve. Not sure but I think the one at Southport, the only one now flying, was in a non-flying condition for well over ten years, until a bunch of civilian restoration enthusiasts raised the huge amount of money needed, and over several years, got her flying again purely for display purposes - "Vulcan to the Skies", based at Bruntingthorpe, Leics. There's a good website, tells the full story.

Return to “North West”