bongo sale?...

Moderator: Muzorewa

joe-robo

bongo sale?...

Post by joe-robo » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:21 pm

hi all
it's been a while since i been on fury (since i sold my bongo back in feb) anyway i'm after buying another one and returning to the fold! got a couple of questions... 1, doe's anybody on here no anything about this one?...
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MAZDA-BONGO-2-5-A ... 286.c0.m14

2, i would like to buy from wheelquick again, they seem to have lots of petrol bongo's in stock, anybody know about the petrols?...
cheers
joe
Last edited by joe-robo on Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigdaddycain
Supreme Being

Re: bongo sale?...

Post by bigdaddycain » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:37 pm

joe-robo wrote:hi all
it's been a while since i been on fury (since i sold my bongo back in feb) anyway i'm after buying another one, got 2 questions..1 does anybody on here no anything about this one?... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MAZDA-BONGO-2-5-A ... 286.c0.m14

2 i would like to but from wheelquick again but they seem to have lots of petrol bongos in, anybody no about the petrols?...
cheers
joe
Hi Joe... All i can tell you about the 2 litres is that they seem much maligned! On the relatively short drive i had in one, Mike junior (wheelquick) couldn't pull away from me in his diesel bongo. The "peccies" are very responsive, and seem to have a slightly lower geared auto box (i think to compensate for the lack of diesel torque) But they certainly don't hang about! If you are planning on doing 90MPH up & down the country loaded up with gear then get a diesel, the 2 litre seem to run out of puff around 80-85MPH. :wink:
ビッグダディケイン RIP Big Bank Hank (Imp the Dimp) 1957-2014
mister munkey
Supreme Being

Post by mister munkey » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:06 pm

It looks good for the dosh all the same.

Clocked it when it was listed on Saturday, worth a look but at the same time try & get an idea of Globe Cars history. They have a feedback of 1, we all have to start somewhere but . . . . . .
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. http://www.travelblog.org/Bloggers/MisterMunkey
Triple/R
Supreme Being

Post by Triple/R » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:16 pm

mister munkey wrote:It looks good for the dosh all the same.

Clocked it when it was listed on Saturday, worth a look but at the same time try & get an idea of Globe Cars history. They have a feedback of 1, we all have to start somewhere but . . . . . .

They are registered as Business Sellers (with no feedback) i do'nt think feedback applies.
Regards Ray & Christine

It's only easy when you know the answer!!!!!!!!!!
mister munkey
Supreme Being

Post by mister munkey » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:31 pm

Ahh!.

I stand corrected Sir, I'll get me coat!
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. http://www.travelblog.org/Bloggers/MisterMunkey
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:14 pm

The ebay one has 670000 on the clock - that beats Harry's record even if its in kms :lol:

Personally I'd feel happier buying a Wheelquick Bongo :roll:
Bongoplod
Supreme Being

Post by Bongoplod » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:26 pm

Re the ebay one at Globe car sales,I rather think the mileage is a missprint,and more likely to be 67k miles,not 670k.
BF member Cabte lives in leigh,just up the road from the garage,you could perhaps PM him and ask him to shoot over and give it the once over (although his wife Justine is about to give birth and he may be a bit busy.

Brian
Confucious once said " To be fluent in Bongolese is to hold the key to the world!"
mister munkey
Supreme Being

Post by mister munkey » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:30 pm

Agreed there Mike but this is consiberably below dealer price & seems to have a bit of Character to it as well, looks like its possibly been previously loved & looked after, fingers crossed.

I'd hedge a bet & have a good look, if its a wreck - walk away but if its a peach, theres still a fair cash buffer saved with the purchase price to possibly compensate for the worst case scenario.

One of the gambles we've all had to take at some point
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being

Post by mikeonb4c » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:34 pm

mister munkey wrote:Agreed there Mike but this is consiberably below dealer price & seems to have a bit of Character to it as well, looks like its possibly been previously loved & looked after, fingers crossed.
But given they are dealers.......and some of that must be mark-up.......I wouldn't be relaxed about committed after sales service......might as well seek out something private and keep some cash in reserve :roll:

But I agree - worth taking a close look, but remain on full alert in case its got a dark past as well as a dark radiator grille :lol:
cabte
Supreme Being

Post by cabte » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:59 am

Id be glad to bob over id needed. only down the road from me . :P
diamond
Tribal Elder

Post by diamond » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:34 pm

I nipped in on the way home, bongo fury sticker on windscreen. been overhere 2years, imported by Enterprise.nice clean van didn't see any rust , needs new rear wiper, bit of t.l.c. 67000 mile's 6 months tax, for £2995 worth a look
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being

Post by mikeonb4c » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:37 pm

diamond wrote:I nipped in on the way home, bongo fury sticker on windscreen. been overhere 2years, imported by Enterprise.nice clean van didn't see any rust , needs new rear wiper, bit of t.l.c. 67000 mile's 6 months tax, for £2995 worth a look

Hmmm - I might need to nip downstairs and see if there's some humble pie in the fridge :lol:
mister munkey
Supreme Being

Post by mister munkey » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:58 pm

Don't feel bad Mike.

With a little more experience, you'll get get the hang of all this Bongo nonsense.
Bongoplod
Supreme Being

Post by Bongoplod » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:10 pm

mister munkey wrote:Don't feel bad Mike.

With a little more experience, you'll get get the hang of all this Bongo nonsense.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
=D> =D> =D> =D>

Brian
Confucious once said " To be fluent in Bongolese is to hold the key to the world!"
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being

Post by mikeonb4c » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:16 pm

mister munkey wrote:Don't feel bad Mike.

Monkey.............

SHUT IT!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “North West”