NEW BRIGHTON

Moderator: Muzorewa

hogggman
Supreme Being

Re: Blow the Cobwebs Daymeet 2010

Post by hogggman » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:34 pm

looks like we missed a great day.great pics as usual from muz and manda.how many bongos made it in the end?looks like quite a few.
we look forward to making a few of these ourselves when bongo is better.
jamie and sharon
hatris
Tribal Elder

Post by hatris » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:43 pm

Thanks for the meet, well done for organising. Thanks too to all those who came from further afield, lovely to see you again Mike, Manda and Andy.
We had a brill time with all the regular faces, great to catch up with you all. Roll on the next one. Sorry if we missed saying bye to anyone but needed to catch the shops. Love the pics. Trish and Harry
TINCA TINCA

Post by TINCA TINCA » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:48 pm

[quote="Bulwell Bongoleers"]Hi Guys.

Sorry, but interested in wildlife and wondered if you took this bird intentionally. Know it is on zoom and they do not always come out on the move, do you know what it was you took.

Actually looking at it......either a Heron OR A PLANE :shock: :roll: Confirm for me please. :wink:
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:55 pm

Looks like y'all had a great day - and not a sign of snow or frost on the Bongos. =D> (we're virtually stranded in our cul de sac by the latest melted-sleet-now-sheet-of-ice. Cars covered similarly covered in sheets of ice. Stayed below zero all day). Work tomorrow :evil:
mobilecat
Supreme Being

Post by mobilecat » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:27 pm

mikeonb4c wrote:Looks like y'all had a great day - and not a sign of snow or frost on the Bongos. =D> (we're virtually stranded in our cul de sac by the latest melted-sleet-now-sheet-of-ice. Cars covered similarly covered in sheets of ice. Stayed below zero all day). Work tomorrow :evil:
Our road is pretty much the same - except for being a very steep hill :(
Glad you had such a great day.
daveblueozzie
Supreme Being

Re: NEW BRIGHTON

Post by daveblueozzie » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:30 pm

A few more pictures, :shock:

Lost without my Bongo.
Bulwell Bongoleers
Tribal Elder

Post by Bulwell Bongoleers » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:34 pm

jimbo44 wrote:
Sorry, but interested in wildlife and wondered if you took this bird intentionally. Know it is on zoom and they do not always come out on the move, do you know what it was you took.

Actually looking at it......either a Heron OR A PLANE :shock: :roll: Confirm for me please. :wink:
Hiya. No didnt take the picture of the bird intentionally. It was a large bird, another was slightly in front of it. We did see alot of hawks/kestrels and an owl on the A51 between Stoke & Chester
Manda
Manda & Andy
Dabs
Supreme Being

Post by Dabs » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:07 pm

Great pics so far Peeps!! =D> =D> =D> =D>

Thanks to everyone for making today a success,I managed to fulfill my promise and organised a dry meet.........cold ..........very cold but dry nonetheless :lol: :lol:
Congrats to Andy (Driver) who won "Bullies special prize" :lol: :lol: :lol: a presentation bottle of wine in a lucky dip draw =D> =D> =D> (piccie on DBOs post)

Great to have a meet so well attended so thanks all for making it happen,good to see new faces in attendance too I hope we made you feel welcome and hope to see you again.It was amazing just how much attention we generated just being there I cant believe how many members of the public were just walking by and asking questions about the Bongos,well done to all for representing the club in the way we did =D> =D> =D>

Anyway a few pics from Me :D

Noddyblueozzie takes centre stage :lol:

Our Japanese visitors inspecting the Bongos (I dont think they could believe their eyes!)

Two dodgy looking characters eyeing something up on my Bongo,its the one in sunglasses you have to watch :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Glad you could come Dave (jetskier) now get the Road Tax sorted!! :lol:

I organise for the sun to shine so everyone stands in the cold shade........you cant win #-o #-o #-o

All the best for the New Bongoing Year..........its off to a flier!!

Thanks
Dabs 8)
Its Oh so quiet!!..Ex Terra Lucem!!..A Leopard can't change his spots!
B*Witched Blingo
Supreme Being

Post by B*Witched Blingo » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:17 pm

Excellent turnout. Well done Dabs. =D> Good to see new faces. Jetskier hope your feeling better. Question is, did you witter as much? Hope to meet up with you all soon.
You Tube Films Click Here
"Get your wellies out. No likey floaty Bongo's"
mikexgough
Supreme Being

Post by mikexgough » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:04 pm

Well done Dabs for the meet and I managed to meet some folks that I have chatted to on the forum too..... Met "old" friends too...... I did meet up with Mr Munkey at a service area on the M62....and yes in his Bongo..... we then went to Ebygum's place for the parts ( big thanks to both of them =D> =D> ) and then to a watering hole for some liquid before I headed home.......back here in the Low Counties of East Angular at 20:28.....
Conversant with Bongo Top Pinion Oil Seals

Bongo owning Velotech Cycle Mechanic
daveblueozzie
Supreme Being

Post by daveblueozzie » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:14 pm

mikexgough wrote:Well done Dabs for the meet and I managed to meet some folks that I have chatted to on the forum too..... Met "old" friends too...... I did meet up with Mr Munkey at a service area on the M62....and yes in his Bongo..... we then went to Ebygum's place for the parts ( big thanks to both of them =D> =D> ) and then to a watering hole for some liquid before I headed home.......back here in the Low Counties of East Angular at 20:28.....
Glad you got sorted, and glad MR M got his bongo sorted as well. was nice to meet up with old and new friends. =D> =D> =D>
Lost without my Bongo.
Ron Miel
Supreme Being

Post by Ron Miel » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:27 pm

jimbo44 wrote:
Bulwell Bongoleers wrote:Hi Guys.

Or buzzard?

Sorry we didn't make it out today, BTW. Had hoped to be there but Mrs M very firmly pointed out that we still had decisions to make before their kitchens planner comes tomorrow morning - so spent a thrilling afternoon at B & Q, choosing work tops, tiles, sink, taps and similar enthralling stuff :( Still, she has been waiting nearly two years, since truncating house improvements work in 2008 when she became ill - be good to get it done.
2001-V6-LPG-AFT-black on silver-Imperial Purbeck camper

(Ron miel=honey rum from the Canaries)
mikexgough
Supreme Being

Post by mikexgough » Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:01 pm

Today's round trip..... http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&sourc ... e=UTF8&z=8
Destination C is nearest I could find.....but you get the gist......
Conversant with Bongo Top Pinion Oil Seals

Bongo owning Velotech Cycle Mechanic
The Great Pretender
Supreme Being

Post by The Great Pretender » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:03 am

mister munkey wrote:I'm going nowhere today chaps.

51 litres of vpower PETROL is slopping around my tank. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Must learn to pay attention at the pump.

:roll:
Drain it n save it. Use it in no more than a 10% ratio with DIESEL. Using above 10% can cause vapour locks.
To infinity and beyond
The Great Pretender
Supreme Being

Post by The Great Pretender » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:05 am

Great day out, pity it clashed with a vintage meet or you would have had to put up with me.............................. :wink: :lol: :lol:
To infinity and beyond

Return to “North West”