Noisy corner.

Be part of the big one! Over 250 Bongos in 1 field! Live bands and much more! Lickhill Manor, Stourport on Severn, Worcs, Wed 16 to Sun 21 June.

Moderator: Ian

dandywarhol
Supreme Being

Re: Noisy corner.

Post by dandywarhol » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:29 pm

Why not just be a reasonable person DB and get it out your system then pipe down at 11.30 :?: then everybodys happy and can enjoy the next day...........

Nothing difficult about it - but there again, people can't seem to be reasonable and disrespect others anyway - maybe thats why I don't like campsites.......................... :roll:
Whale oil beef hooked
Renault Lunar Telstar
Yamaha TD1C 250, Merc SLK200, KTM Duke 690
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:45 pm

thedogsbollox wrote:
mikeonb4c wrote:Oh dear. Me and the boys love our quiet spot away from it all and down by the river. I did manage to get some kip despite last years party but I'd kinda hoped............ :(

Any chance of makng an old man happy in 2010? [-o<
Sorry Mike were you not invited. OK then i will make you happy. Please come to our gathering..... :lol:
Twas the other way round old fruit. Me and Muz had roughed it in this quiet unwanted spot but then a gathering formed after Muz had been very generous with the catering. The rest, as they say, was history. I found I could sleep OK despite the fun going on around me, but I know others were very unhappy about it. I'm not sure I'd relish the thought of a repeat.

Kirsty is right. Ian is right. The site are right. The Bash is enjoyed by many people who don't want a wild party going on into the night. It may be boring for some, but its not for the majority.
thedogsbollox
Tribal Elder

Post by thedogsbollox » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:54 pm

OK then, don't organise a noisy corner and we will have the same problem as last year.
You know that telling people to quit at 11:30 will be agreed to on here, but after people have had too much to drink, do you think they will give a stuff.
Don't get me wrong here people, i am not trying to organise a riot here, i am just pointing out the inevitable and thought it would be best if we organised it instead of upsetting people.
Sorry if being prepared is not the right way to go.
Tony
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being

Post by mikeonb4c » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:00 pm

thedogsbollox wrote:OK then, don't organise a noisy corner and we will have the same problem as last year.
You know that telling people to quit at 11:30 will be agreed to on here, but after people have had too much to drink, do you think they will give a stuff.
Don't get me wrong here people, i am not trying to organise a riot here, i am just pointing out the inevitable and thought it would be best if we organised it instead of upsetting people.
Sorry if being prepared is not the right way to go.
Tony
I think the danger is that if people insist on having a late night noisy party, many people may decide the Bash is no longer for them and the event overall may lose its magic. That sadly is what has to be considered. I wouldn't want that on my head, for such a great event. :roll:
Ian
Supreme Being

Post by Ian » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:22 pm

Just to make it quite clear. Noise after 11.30pm should be kept to a minimum. If a complaint is made, you will be asked to leave the site. If you don't like the rules, don't turn up. It's as simple as that. It's a camp site, not a night club.
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.
thedogsbollox
Tribal Elder

Post by thedogsbollox » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:26 pm

Ian wrote:Just to make it quite clear. Noise after 11.30pm should be kept to a minimum. If a complaint is made, you will be asked to leave the site. If you don't like the rules, don't turn up. It's as simple as that. It's a camp site, not a night club.
OK, Point taken.
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being

Post by mikeonb4c » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:56 pm

thedogsbollox wrote:
Ian wrote:Just to make it quite clear. Noise after 11.30pm should be kept to a minimum. If a complaint is made, you will be asked to leave the site. If you don't like the rules, don't turn up. It's as simple as that. It's a camp site, not a night club.
OK, Point taken.
Good man :D

The great thing about this forum is that through the initiative of people with local knowledge and a willingness to put an event together, there have been informal weekends where a site has take a block booking of Bongos and those going along have managed to have a great late night party away from those who don't want to stay up too late (personally I can sleep through noise quite well, but I'm not a late night animal or an early mornings animal :lol: ).
thedogsbollox
Tribal Elder

Post by thedogsbollox » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:00 pm

I think i will have to do what the welsh do and start earlier. Don't think i have their stamina though.
AndAndDen
Supreme Being

Post by AndAndDen » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:03 pm

All the noise was from Andys Jacket hood, someone was filling his hood with empty can's, sure it was you Tony :lol: :lol: .And dont forget Bob the singer ,singing one or two of Freddie Mercury Songs :lol: :lol:
And dont forget your BALLS oops Bouls :lol:
Get a Life ,Get a Bongo. !!!
thedogsbollox
Tribal Elder

Post by thedogsbollox » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:06 pm

We may have to think about taking our party elsewhere to keep everyone happy.
There was a big empty field next to the mmain marquee, maybe we could seek permmission to set Harry's mmarquee up in there, far away from everyone else????????
thedogsbollox
Tribal Elder

Post by thedogsbollox » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:06 pm

Or, of course, just not bother!
thedogsbollox
Tribal Elder

Post by thedogsbollox » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:07 pm

What is up with my "M" key
Ian
Supreme Being

Post by Ian » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:13 pm

thedogsbollox wrote:We may have to think about taking our party elsewhere to keep everyone happy.
There was a big empty field next to the mmain marquee, maybe we could seek permmission to set Harry's mmarquee up in there, far away from everyone else????????
That will be the field in front of the residential nursing home. At least a few of them will be deaf I suppose.... :lol:
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.
missfixit70
Supreme Being

Post by missfixit70 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:14 pm

Ian wrote:
thedogsbollox wrote:We may have to think about taking our party elsewhere to keep everyone happy.
That will be the field in front of the residential nursing home. At least a few of them will be deaf I suppose.... :lol:
I swear I saw some of them pogoing on their zimmers when Jaylees band were playing :wink:
You can't polish a turd - but you can roll it in glitter.
thedogsbollox
Tribal Elder

Post by thedogsbollox » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:28 pm

That was them old fogies who showed up in Harry's Marquee that night. We couldn't get a word in edgeways cos they were singing old songs(Freddie Mercury) and laughing loudly into the night. Dunno about you lot but i couldn't stand it by 11 o'clock so i went back to my Bongo :^o

Return to “Bongo Bash 2010”