Day meet- Scottish Borders?

dunslair
Supreme Being

Day meet- Scottish Borders?

Post by dunslair » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:03 pm

Following on from the success of the last day meet in 'the West', it has been suggested that it should be the turn of The Borderers to host the next South of Scotland day meet. It would appear that the best way to arrange these is to suggest a date / time and location.... so here goes.... Sunday 18th April (noon to 3 ish) at kingsmeadows car park, Peebles, Scottish Borders, EH45 9EN..... Any takers? For anybody who does not know the town....http://www.peebles.info/ plenty to do whether you fancy a walk along the Tweed, a bit of shopping and a coffee or a run round the 'world class' mountain bike trails. Two good camp sites as well if anybody wants to make a weekend of it, finishing off with a day meet. (peebles was the location for the 2007 Scottish Bongo Bash).......any takers :?: :D :D
MountainGoat
Supreme Being

Re: Day meet- Scottish Borders?

Post by MountainGoat » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:14 pm

OK if I come on the number 62 bus David. Only joking. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tony
Former SGL5 Owner Jeep Cherokee 2.5CRD Burstner Ixeo Time it585
astra

Post by astra » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:20 pm

hi,
that sounds like a plan! Peebles looks lovely! i've only passed through and never had the chance to stop for a proper look! What better excuse could there be!

Anne
dunslair
Supreme Being

Post by dunslair » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:09 pm

MountainGoat wrote:OK if I come on the number 62 bus David. Only joking. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tony
You can come on the bus if you like.... but I don't think they will let you park it :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: (ducks to avoid flying object) exit stage right....
dunslair
Supreme Being

Post by dunslair » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:13 pm

astra wrote:hi,
that sounds like a plan! Peebles looks lovely! i've only passed through and never had the chance to stop for a proper look! What better excuse could there be!

Anne
Plenty to do around Peebles as well....castles, gardens, walks..... better stop before I sound like a tourist board add. :lol: But best of all you get to nose at other folk's bongos :lol: :lol:
dandywarhol
Supreme Being

Post by dandywarhol » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:17 pm

dunslair wrote:
astra wrote:hi,

Anne
Plenty to do around Peebles as well....castles, gardens, walks..... better stop before I sound like a tourist board add. :lol: But best of all you get to nose at other folk's bongos :lol: :lol:
Are there any outdoors or camping shops there?.............................. 8)
Whale oil beef hooked
Renault Lunar Telstar
Yamaha TD1C 250, Merc SLK200, KTM Duke 690
Nibs
Bongolier

Post by Nibs » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:42 pm

8) :) :D :D 8) 8) Thats not too far from me, and it looks like I may have some holiday around that time, so could make it for the day.
Cheers Nibs
MountainGoat
Supreme Being

Post by MountainGoat » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:51 pm

Yes Alan I believe that there are, but I also believe that they are closed on a Sunday. You are not making a special request are you. :-k

Tony
MountainGoat
Supreme Being

Post by MountainGoat » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:55 pm

Thats not too far from me, and it looks like I may have some holiday around that time, so could make it for the day.
Have fun using your S and L gears coming over Carter Bar on the A68.

Tony
dunslair
Supreme Being

Post by dunslair » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:50 am

MountainGoat wrote:
Yes Alan I believe that there are, but I also believe that they are closed on a Sunday. You are not making a special request are you. :-k

Tony

Sunday is when we go and play :wink: (terms and conditions apply.....) :lol: :lol:
steviebongo
Tribal Elder

Post by steviebongo » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:17 pm

As i sort of twisted Tony's arm aboot this it would be cheeky not to go ,so I am planning to go down for the meet so hope to see u all there .

p.s anybody wanting to go doon from glasgow ,and would like to meet up & go in convoy just let me no :D

cheers stevie
dunslair
Supreme Being

Post by dunslair » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:37 pm

steviebongo wrote:As i sort of twisted Tony's arm aboot this it would be cheeky not to go ,so I am planning to go down for the meet so hope to see u all there .

p.s anybody wanting to go doon from glasgow ,and would like to meet up & go in convoy just let me no :D

cheers stevie
It would be good to see you again Stevie. Tony in turn twisted my arm :lol: I think we should get him to do some morris dancing or something to entertain the troops as payback :twisted: :lol:
We will be sure to clear the snow by then for everybody who can make it :lol:
steviebongo
Tribal Elder

Post by steviebongo » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:05 pm

Hopefully the snow will be away altogether by then !I'm sure it will be a good,n david and meet old & new aquaintances a like.

cheers stevie
dunslair
Supreme Being

Post by dunslair » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:16 pm

steviebongo wrote:Hopefully the snow will be away altogether by then !I'm sure it will be a good,n david and meet old & new aquaintances a like.

cheers stevie
The snow is going almost as quickly as it arrived, only about 4 to 6 inches in the garden now (about 12 inches there yesterday when I went to get the snow shovel out of the shed) The roads are clear already so no problems.

All the best

David
dandywarhol
Supreme Being

Post by dandywarhol » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:43 am

I came down through West Linton this evening and couldn't believe the amount of snow on the 701 - drifts 10/12 feet high and humungous mounds of snow at the roadside from the ploughs :shock: Cars in Carlops are still snowed in.................
Whale oil beef hooked
Renault Lunar Telstar
Yamaha TD1C 250, Merc SLK200, KTM Duke 690

Return to “Scotland”