NW big Autumn Bash 1st - 3rd October 2010

Moderator: Muzorewa

mrswaycar8

Re: NW big Autumn Bash 1st - 3rd October 2010

Post by mrswaycar8 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:07 pm

:oops: :oops: :oops: was that the video you wanted posted tina????? :twisted: :twisted: ,lmao,and i still think dave and churchill were winners of owner and dog look alike :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Diane
Bongolier

Post by Diane » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:40 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock: I cant believe you've posted that video. Poor Tina :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Ahhh she loves me though :D :D :D . That reminds me - I have a little video too :wink:
jonah

Post by jonah » Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:24 pm

Hi all, just wanted to say a very big thanks to all for making my 1st bash a memorable one.
Friendly welcome (cheap camping, bonus!), good craic and some great bargains at the auction!!!.
I never really intended to come to the bash as such, was aware that there was going to be one, but my main objective of the weekend was to spend some time with my brother (Dave) and nephew (luke), and silverdale fitted the bill for location and facilities. Gotta say a special thanks to Harry for the warm welcome and his efforts in making the whole weekend a real treat.
Thanks H.
Hi to, Bongoplod, Waycar8 n Mrs, bongo-louis, the lady who cured my noisy AFT rams (thank you again), and the gang that we're parked just opposite us with the eriba. There are obviously more people that made me very welcome but i didn't get name's, maybe next time.
Hopefully see you all again soon.

Clive.
waycar8
Supreme Being

Post by waycar8 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:45 pm

jonah wrote:Hi all, just wanted to say a very big thanks to all for making my 1st bash a memorable one.
Friendly welcome (cheap camping, bonus!), good craic and some great bargains at the auction!!!.
I never really intended to come to the bash as such, was aware that there was going to be one, but my main objective of the weekend was to spend some time with my brother (Dave) and nephew (luke), and silverdale fitted the bill for location and facilities. Gotta say a special thanks to Harry for the warm welcome and his efforts in making the whole weekend a real treat.
Thanks H.
Hi to, Bongoplod, Waycar8 n Mrs, bongo-louis, the lady who cured my noisy AFT rams (thank you again), and the gang that we're parked just opposite us with the eriba. There are obviously more people that made me very welcome but i didn't get name's, maybe next time.
Hopefully see you all again soon.

Clive.

Yeah was nice to meet you too Clive, seeya at another sometime?, bring your brother too if you like :lol:
Bongoplod
Supreme Being

Post by Bongoplod » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:26 pm

Hi Clive

Good to meet you,hope that was the 1st of many NW&Y meets that you and your kid attend....and you must bring the pubs dog as well,she was cute.
PS,after your very graphic explanation of your job,you will be known henceforth as "Chicken George " (you had to watch "roots " ) :wink:

Brian
Confucious once said " To be fluent in Bongolese is to hold the key to the world!"
karena
Supreme Being

Post by karena » Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:43 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: on the fringes of even my memory that one -they should bring it back though it was very good.
Harry
Supreme Being

Post by Harry » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:27 pm

Thanks to all who turned up for the bash making it yet another memorable one.

29 bongo crews turned up in the end.
There were however potentially 44 bongos due.

A further 15 were originally booked in but only 6 of those botherred to let me know that they could not come. Nine others booked but didn't turn up or let me know they wern't coming.

The cut off point for special rates at Silverdale is 30 and as I've said in the past, if numbers drop below 30 then I'm packing it in organising the meet..

See 'sabbatical' note elsewhere.

H 8)
http://watcherswildlife.co.uk

Towing a shed with a Citroen C4 Picasso 1.6hdi vtr+
mister munkey
Supreme Being

Post by mister munkey » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:52 pm

Sorry to hear that Harry.

Most don't realise how much time & effort goes into getting these things together & I like to think you've not been put out of pocket as a concequence of a couple of no-showers. [-o<

The only serious escape route to that scenario is getting folks to book direct up front. It may diminish the final numbers but at least reduces the risk, and those that do manage to make the effort are always overwhelmed by the experience

As we've all read on here, these bashes are legendary - even when the elements are against us - Such a shame if that were to be lost. :(
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. http://www.travelblog.org/Bloggers/MisterMunkey
friendeedebs
Supreme Being

Post by friendeedebs » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:22 pm

mister munkey wrote:Sorry to hear that Harry.

Most don't realise how much time & effort goes into getting these things together & I like to think you've not been put out of pocket as a concequence of a couple of no-showers. [-o<

The only serious escape route to that scenario is getting folks to book direct up front. It may diminish the final numbers but at least reduces the risk, and those that do manage to make the effort are always overwhelmed by the experience

As we've all read on here, these bashes are legendary - even when the elements are against us - Such a shame if that were to be lost. :(

Ditto :)

Return to “North West”