garage central scotland coolant/engine problems

ailishl

Re: garage central scotland coolant/engine problems

Post by ailishl » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:43 pm

API engines are near Leamington spa- CV33 9PL. A long way from us, but Simon was very helpful on the phone, and even picked hubby up from the station at 10pm to collect our bongo.
steviebongo
Tribal Elder

Post by steviebongo » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:58 pm

Glad 2 hear u got ure van sorted albiet a long way away.happy bongoing :D

cheers stevie
vanvliet
Supreme Being

Post by vanvliet » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:13 pm

With the older vans ( mine is a '95) I think that a good preventative measure is to change the rad and thermostat then you know that the rad is clear of crud and coolant is correct. I got a rad for just over a hundred quid delivered ( nice bit of kit) plus genuine Mazda thermostat. Never had a problem with overheating up to now but still have to top up coolant a little ( very little - once in two week trip) due to another preventative measure in replacing some rubber pipes with silicon ( will fit new CP clamps in hope of solving this )
Just back from round England trip as far south as Winchester over two weeks and the van ran at 60/70 - sometimes 80 fully loaded with true temp at 12 noon all the way9 was 12.30 previously) . Managed average 32 mpg
Origo bio stove - no Bongo!
Northern Bongolow
Supreme Being

Post by Northern Bongolow » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:44 pm

glad you decided to stick with it instead of going for the honda step thingy you were thinking of :lol: =D> =D>
see you on a motorway again soon.
ailishl

Post by ailishl » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:06 am

Now don't be insulting my Steppie!
She is lovely, 8 seat, middle row swivels just by pulling a cord, can walk thru from the cab, flip up seat on middle row for easy access, kids, granny and big old arthritic dog all get in no bother, 30 mpg on petrol, can tow an eriba troll ( won't try a hill start though), and all this with honda reliability, so when the bongo is off the road we can still drive down south and chat to your missus while stuck in traffic on the M6.
However, it isn't a bongo, it really isn't the same driving experience, just isn't the adventure the bongo is.

Return to “Scotland”