Bongos in Edinburgh I know of getting stolen

iamsamtaylor

Bongos in Edinburgh I know of getting stolen

Post by iamsamtaylor » Wed May 05, 2010 12:57 pm

Hi all

Our freda was stolen from our drive in Portobello, Edinburgh, joy ridden and burnt out in Niddrie on Sunday night just gone, there were hammers in the van and it appearred targetted. We know of a green bongo in Portobello that was pinched approx' 1 week ago and the police who found our van advised that this had been similarly joy-ridden and burnt out in the same spot. Police commented higly likely same laddies who stole both.

I know of several other older 95/96 bongos in Portobello, if you know these folk, please advise them to at least get a crook lock asap.

Cheers

Sam
Last edited by brorabongo on Wed May 05, 2010 5:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: removal of addresses
missfixit70
Supreme Being

Re: Bongos in Edinburgh I know of getting stolen

Post by missfixit70 » Wed May 05, 2010 1:24 pm

Really sorry to hear that, lets hope the scrotes get caught or at least named & proper justice can be dealt :evil:
I love my bongo, but nicking them for joyriding? not exactly a performance motor is it.
You can't polish a turd - but you can roll it in glitter.
MountainGoat
Supreme Being

Post by MountainGoat » Wed May 05, 2010 1:34 pm

Sorry to hear of your loss, just when we thought that the problem had died down again. Hope that this does not put you off getting another Bongo. I live in a relatively safe area but am paranoid about loosing my Bongo which is a full camper. It is blocked in on the drive by my Jeep, has a cat one alarm and immobiliser and a disclock on the steering wheel. I am also looking into see if one of these VW accessories will reduce further the options for the scrotes breaking in. Hopefully these precautions will send them on their way to look for easier pickings.

http://www.campervanaccessories.co.uk/f ... b77613bbcd

Tony
Former SGL5 Owner Jeep Cherokee 2.5CRD Burstner Ixeo Time it585
jimsmimm

Post by jimsmimm » Thu May 06, 2010 8:22 pm

http://www.campervanaccessories.co.uk/f ... b77613bbcd

I take it this works by sliding down the inside of the glass between glass and door and holding it shut....fine in a van you can walk between front and rear ....could prove a tad inconvenient climbing over the seats every night which would probably mean it would soon not be in use....probably a better idea to find something a bit more user friendly.... :?:

Our freda was stolen from our drive in Portobello, Edinburgh, joy ridden and burnt out in Niddrie on Sunday night just gone, there were hammers in the van...

did your van have any security devices fitted ?
Annandale
Bongonaut

Post by Annandale » Thu May 06, 2010 8:44 pm

How do those Fiamma bars work?

Return to “Scotland”