Bored with Butties phase 17

Talk about non-Bongo stuff. BUT KEEP IT CLEAN....there are children watching. Smut, filth, and anything offensive will not be tolerated and removed immediately.

Moderator: Bob

friendeedebs
Supreme Being

Re: Bored with Butties phase 17

Post by friendeedebs » Fri May 07, 2010 9:53 pm

Muzorewa wrote:Well I most certainly ate the testies sorry, tenties, but when I cut the head off the first one there was a watery squirt from it, not sure now having read your post whether it was residual slime or just water. So the heads went west but the tentacles were lovely.

Quinoa wasn't bad either :wink:

Oh, there's plenty of YouTube footage of the squirming tentacles as well :?

so you weren't as brave as the youtube fella :wink: the most disturbing thing about that clip was having to lie on my side to watch it :lol: :lol:

just googled quinoa 'Unlike wheat or rice, quinoa is a complete protein - containing all eight of the essential amino acids. It has been recognised by the United Nations as a supercrop for its health benefits: packed with dietary fibre, phosphorus, magnesium and iron. It is also gluten-free and easy to digest. The facts suggest it is close to a perfect ingredient as you can get.'

shame it looks like frogspawn lol was it bitter?? or did the tenties distract from the flavour???

I reckon Anglesey camp you should bring something equally disgusting to cook ..and EAT and I shall record it for prosperity ;) lol :lol: :wink:
jumper
Bongolier

Post by jumper » Sat May 08, 2010 2:11 pm

I have always been adventurous when it comes to eating and iv never refused anything so far. This thread reminds of a holiday in Cyprus a few yrs ago, we were out in a non tourist village having a light snack in a cafe during the day, the menu was in cypriot and pigeon english so was a bit uncertain what i had ordered i guessed it was baby octopus and the usual cypriot salad and potatoes. What turned up was a very long plate with 8 fully grown octopus tentacles stretch out, well the first 1 was quite a nice flavour but by the time i had finished the 8th the novelty had worn off, my jaws were aching and it was just like eating rubber :-&

Ian
Happiness isn't having what you want its wanting what you have.
Alison01326
Supreme Being

Post by Alison01326 » Tue May 11, 2010 9:52 pm

Thank you for your thoughtfulness, Muz. The little octopus at 1 o'clock on that plate bears a curious resemblance to the unborn Isaac in his 20 week scan (although he had, and still has, just the two arms and two legs as befits a human being).

Notwithstanding, I shall brave the town sometime (or rather the parking charges) and visit our friendly fishmonger and ask if he can assist with the frozen octopus, duly cleaned by himself. Being a town with a goodly mixture of arty types and wealthy folk from Up Country we have a plethora of health food shops selling stuff that's good for you at a price you can't afford so it shouldn't be a problem getting quinoa, I'm sure.

I've never had octopus before, and I know that Zigi won't go near any form of seafood unless it's battered cod (charlatan!) but Isaac will try anything so it can be a special treat one day when Daddy is at work.

When I will prepare and eat this wonderful repast I do not know, I will indeed try it sometime although this one doesn't seem to be very popular with your loyal followers. Will keep you posted :D
Last edited by Alison01326 on Wed May 12, 2010 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alison

The traveller sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see. (G K Chesterton)
Bongoplod
Supreme Being

Post by Bongoplod » Tue May 11, 2010 11:26 pm

Take no notice of the jibes Muz,it all looks delicious,and much more adventurous than what i watched you cook at Hill of Oaks.........roll on 18

Brian.

ps,hope you washed up :wink:
Confucious once said " To be fluent in Bongolese is to hold the key to the world!"

Return to “Off Message”