Day meet. 18th July at Roseisle Forrest, near Kinloss. BBQ!!

Kev7950

Re: Day meet. 18th July at Roseisle Forrest, near Kinloss. BBQ!!

Post by Kev7950 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:17 pm

Hi Guys,

Im not sure if my bongo will be hear by then, Its with JAl at present being fitted out. If its OK though i would love to come along and meet you all and have a blether.

Kev
.co.uk
Bongolier

Post by .co.uk » Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:57 pm

We would love to see you there Kev! Bring a tent if you want to stay overnight on the Saturday.
[b]G'day from The People's Republic of the Bongo![/b]

www.thomasgorman.co.uk
Holly

Post by Holly » Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:25 pm

.co.uk wrote:I have camped there previously in a tent and spoke to the Forestry Commission man in the morning. He didn't say that we couldn't be there but wasn't keen on the campfire in the woods. I don't know why! There's a good beach for campfires if that's whatpeople want to do in the evening. I know that they sometimes charge for entrance during the summer. I can handle a £1 fee. That sounds cheap for the use of the BBQ's and the toilets that are there.

Remember, we aren't in a caravan or a tent so that sign doesn't apply to us! :twisted:

That sounds OK. I promise to be a good girl and not light a fire in the woods :) .
brorabongo
Supreme Being

Post by brorabongo » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:01 pm

12 on Sunday sounds good to me. I'll most likely be dropping off wife in town fiirst, so if you would like a lift Kev give us a shout. :wink:
ボンゴの激怒 pictures
Run your fingers over my Bongo, and I'll run my Bongo over your fingers!! :twisted:
annie bongo!

Post by annie bongo! » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:37 pm

Hi there
Just reading over all the posts here, can someone post the final directions, maps or links. Im not familiar with the area and am leaving on Wednesday with no further access to my PC!
Thanks
Annie
x
.co.uk
Bongolier

Post by .co.uk » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:04 am

As you ate coming from Applecross I would suggest heading to Inverness and taking the A96. When you get to Forres you will go under a quite destinctive bridge just before a roundabout. At the roundabout, it is sign posted Kinloss and possibly Findhorn. Take this road through Kinloss and out of the village. Don't turn offfor Findhorn. Keep heading through and out of Kinloss and after a mile or so you'll pass the golf course. Keep going for another mile and turn left at the crossroads. I think it's signposted 'Roseisle Forest'. If your looking for it on a road map then it's between Burghead and Kinloss. Hope this helps. If not post again and I'll find out road numbers etc.

Cheers,
Thomas

www.thomasgorman.co.uk
annie bongo!

Post by annie bongo! » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:01 pm

Hi Thomas
thanks very much for this! I will be able to find it from your excellent directions!
If I see another Bongo, I will just follow it!!!
Annie!
brorabongo
Supreme Being

Post by brorabongo » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:29 pm

Also Dave-aber has posted a few links to help with locating on the first page.
ボンゴの激怒 pictures
Run your fingers over my Bongo, and I'll run my Bongo over your fingers!! :twisted:
dave_aber
Supreme Being

Post by dave_aber » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:38 pm

See you there on Sunday. If anyone's in the area on Friday and/or Saturday, there is also a folk festival this weekend based at the beach bar in lossiemouth. Camping is £5 per pitch per night. Caravans, campervans or tents. Toilets provided. First come, first served. Busking / singalong sessions all day, live bands on from 7.30.
Image...Image
There are 10 types of people in this world.
Those that understand binary, and those that don't.
brorabongo
Supreme Being

Post by brorabongo » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:17 pm

What should I take with me on Sunday..BBQ/food wise?
ボンゴの激怒 pictures
.co.uk
Bongolier

Post by .co.uk » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:58 pm

Who's staying over on the Saturday night? I plan to stay over but as I live only ten miles away I can easily just make it on the Sunday if no-one else is staying over on the Saturday night.

I plan to head into Tesco at Forres or Elgin on the Sunday morning for some stuff for the BBQ (Coals, Burgers, Buns, misc). I will also be taking some food for the Saturday evening (probably another BBQ) too if I'm staying over.

Thomas

www.thomasgorman.co.uk
Grahame at work
Bongolier

Post by Grahame at work » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:58 pm

Was planning to do the Saturday evening but I'm watching the weather forecast - if its p****** with rain then we may well just go for Sunday lunch.

I like to put my feet up and watch the sun go down with a nice glass of red wine (or 2) - its not so much fun when the rains dripping of your nose :roll: - waters down the wine :lol:

Probably pick up some BBQ stuff on the way over

see you all there

Grahame & Valerie
Joanie2 has had a sex change and is remaned Bert
steviebongo
Tribal Elder

Post by steviebongo » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:03 pm

WAS going too give this a go but looks like the weather is against us :cry: and it's a long way to come just to get soaked on the Saturday and sunday would ave great to meet all of u ,& make new friends & see old ones alike,maybe next time if condition's are right :D

cheers stevie
Grahame at work
Bongolier

Post by Grahame at work » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:51 pm

It depends which forecast you are watching :roll:

Saturday evening can be anything from dry through light showers or heavy showers to a full drenching :?

I think timing is going to be all important - we may be lucky and the heavy rain will go over in the afternoon and we'll get a great evening [-o<

I'll reserve judgment until the very latest time possible :!:

But I will be there on Sunday no matter what

Regards Grahame & valerie
Joanie2 has had a sex change and is remaned Bert
The_Gordons
Bongolier

Post by The_Gordons » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:05 pm

I find Metcheck to be the closest although not infallible. Their website is showing the weekend to be dry. [-o<

We'll be along on Sunday at 12 and if it rains we'll just have to shelter under the Fiamma canopy. Have some proper butchers burgers and kebabs in the freezer somewhere.

Paul and Annette
Bongo replaced by Wellhouse Terrier

Return to “Scotland”