Day meet. 18th July at Roseisle Forrest, near Kinloss. BBQ!!

.co.uk
Bongolier

Day meet. 18th July at Roseisle Forrest, near Kinloss. BBQ!!

Post by .co.uk » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:31 pm

Anyone up for Roseisle one Sunday in July? I only have two off in the month but would love a day meet with a BBQ. I'm off on 18th and 25th if any of those dates suit.
[b]G'day from The People's Republic of the Bongo![/b]

www.thomasgorman.co.uk
dave_aber
Supreme Being

Re: Day meet - Inverness shire?

Post by dave_aber » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:45 pm

Can do the 18th. Back offshore for the 25th.

p.s. Sorry I've not got round this weekend with your JAF sticker. Been away and/or recovering all weekend. I'm off to Aberdeen around 4am tomorrow - might pop it under your wiper if your Bongo is parked up in E.B.S. Drove past today and remembered i'd forgotten to take it with me. D'oh!
Image...Image
There are 10 types of people in this world.
Those that understand binary, and those that don't.
brorabongo
Supreme Being

Post by brorabongo » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:10 am

18th sounds good to me, but better check with the boss first. :lol:
ボンゴの激怒 pictures
Run your fingers over my Bongo, and I'll run my Bongo over your fingers!! :twisted:
.co.uk
Bongolier

Post by .co.uk » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:50 am

Sounds like the 18th July at Roseisle Forrest, near Kinloss, is a goer. Anyone else fancy coming along?

www.thomasgorman.co.uk
brorabongo
Supreme Being

Re: Day meet. 18th July at Roseisle Forrest, near Kinloss. BBQ!!

Post by brorabongo » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:39 am

http://www.multimap.com/maps/?qs=Roseis ... 4|Roseisle

Could someone move the red circle to where's the best place to meet, and re-post the link?

Cheers.
ボンゴの激怒 pictures
Run your fingers over my Bongo, and I'll run my Bongo over your fingers!! :twisted:
dave_aber
Supreme Being

Post by dave_aber » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:02 pm

http://www.multimap.com/s/MBzRva5r

This crossroads is the entrance from the main road into Roseisle forest car park.

Turn in here, and the first thing you get to as you leave the road is a big clearing either side of the road. We could use there (Pulp played there once) - but we would probably need the permission of the forestry commission.

http://www.multimap.com/s/j4b9c7P1

If you carry on down that road, you get to the forest car park which is a gravelly hard-standing area, with plenty of parking spaces. You can then walk over the dunes to the beach.

http://www.multimap.com/s/i9eBT7ab

It's quite a long road from the junction to the car park / clearing area - we could just turn in and wait on the access road - that would make the turning visible to other arriving Bongos from a good distance away in either direction.

This is the turn-in as viewed from the Western approach (Leave the A96 at Forres, go through Kinloss and carry on)

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&ie= ... 2,,0,20.07
Image...Image
.co.uk
Bongolier

Post by .co.uk » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:14 am

There are a number of places folk could meet beforehand either in Forres or Elgin for those who don't know where they are going. At Roseisle Forest itself, I would recommend right in at the car park (there is sometimes a small charge by the Forestry Commision) as there are BBQs already there and a toilet block. It's also only metres from the beach. It is possible to camp there overnight on the Saturday if anyone fancied that too?? A glass of vino perhaps!

www.thomasgorman.co.uk
dave_aber
Supreme Being

Post by dave_aber » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:02 am

Sounds good to me.

Thomas, I'd welcome your professional opinion on the issue of driving to a car park (publicly accessible place, still under the rules of the road traffic act), having a BBQ, few beers / vinos, and then getting your head down for the night. I have been having this debate with a couple of mates who have various campervans, and we have a collective concern that if you have one too many you are technically still in charge of a vehicle, and liable to a drink-driving charge. There are various tales of people being caught out "sleeping it off" in cars.

Clearly, there is a common sense distinction between finding someone sleeping in the driver's seat slumped over the wheel in a lay-by and a proper campervan with someone sleeping in a bed having had a couple of classes of wine and a BBQ - but what's the position of those who enforce the law?
Image...Image
.co.uk
Bongolier

Post by .co.uk » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:29 am

Technically, if you have the keys to the vehicle and are under the influence then you are drunk in charge of the vehicle. This matter has been tested many times at the court of appeal and basically if it looks like you MAY drive off from that location whilst still intoxicated (the next morning, not allowing time to sober up) then you probably would be found guilty. If however, you were all set up for the night and could prove that you had no intention of moving until sober (long walk in the morning, cycle, hillwalking etc) then it would be almost impossible to be convicted of it.

In practice, two or more Bongos then swap keys (not, all keys in a bowl sort of way!) and if you don't have the keys to your own vehicle then your friend could be your fail safe to prevent the temptation of leaving in the middle of the night. Another way is to hide your keys nearby as no keys = no driving off/ being in charge (you can drive a vehicle if you are in control of it's speed and direction so no pushing it whilst drunk as, I'm afraid, you would lose your licence). Most officers, finding a campervan parked up for the night, wouldn't knock on them to check if they had been drinking or not but some people draw the attention of the Police (domestics/arguments reported) and when they arrive they find them drunk.

The senarios are endless and each one really has to be treated on it's own merits and commonsense should prevail, but not always! Just make sure you can prove that there was no intention of you driving off before sobering up.

www.thomasgorman.co.uk
dave_aber
Supreme Being

Post by dave_aber » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:55 am

That's about what I would have thought. Pretty much common sense. Mind you, I'd have to make sure I hid my keys before I had one too many, otherwise I might have to wait a very long time before I remembered which rock I'd hidden them under before departing in the morning!!
Image...Image
.co.uk
Bongolier

Post by .co.uk » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:07 am

I'm sure you must have included some secret hiding places when you built your conversion Dave. You could use one of them but a few hours searching under rocks would definitely help with the sobering up part! :lol:

www.thomasgorman.co.uk
dunslair
Supreme Being

Post by dunslair » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:25 pm

I think you should all get hammered and have a competition to see who can swallow their keys quickest :lol: :lol: :lol: You can of course leave the next day.... when you are good and ready.... if you know what I mean :lol: :lol: :lol: Which ever way you choose to do it sounds like you have the makings of a great drinking / party game there guys :lol: :lol: Have fun

All the best

David.
Grahame at work
Bongolier

Post by Grahame at work » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:08 pm

I fancy this =P~ - for the past few times there has been a meet in Scotland I've been scheduled to go testing for work or we've had family coming - but so far the 18th is free [-o<

hope to see you there

Grahame
Joanie2 has had a sex change and is remaned Bert
Grahame at work
Bongolier

Post by Grahame at work » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:15 pm

Hmmmm :-k :-k - .co.uk's idea of overnight Saturday also sounds good - anyone thinking of doing that?

Grahame
Joanie2 has had a sex change and is remaned Bert
dave_aber
Supreme Being

Post by dave_aber » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:25 pm

I'll be staying.
Image...Image

Return to “Scotland”