Summer Trip 2010 part 1

Questions, tips & observations about taking your Bongo over the water.

Moderator: g8dhe

technophobe
Tribal Elder

Summer Trip 2010 part 1

Post by technophobe » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:38 pm

Camping in Norway in Northern Telemark under Blefjell.

Here's a little bit of a blog which I am trying to start, which will give more details. We hope the phots on Photobucket are interesting.

We started at the end of June with ferry from Harich to Esjberg then from Hirtshalls in Northern Deark to Kristiansand in Norway. We docked in Kristiansand just before 4pm and set off for Dalen which is in the centre of Telemark and surrounded by mountains. The 135 mile drive took over four hours because we were travelling on country roads and because of the speed limit, the twisty turning roads, and in some places the state of the carriage was which is not surprising bearing in mind the punishment they take from snow and ice in winter. The most interesting part was the last four kilometres when the road snaked downwards at a decent of about 12%. We were well pleased with the surefootedness of the Bongo as on reflection the road over Col de Magdelina from Italy to France which we travelled last year was no comparison.

We reached Buoy camping in Dalen, which is situated on a island very close to the town centre, just after 4pm. A really good site with plenty of space, good facilities, owned by a Dutch family which we would be happy to recommend to anyone. On the way there the weather was variable and cool for the time of year so it was a relief to find that with its sheltered position at the bottom of the valley it was pleasantly warm. In fact the warmest it would be for our two days ant three nights.

http://s432.photobucket.com/albums/qq46 ... /?start=20
Richard & Jo

1995 SGL5 Black over silver clear windows
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Re: Summer Trip 2010 part 1

Post by Muzorewa » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:53 pm

technophobe wrote:Image
Excellent, and a superb picture. That's what Bongos are for :wink:
technophobe
Tribal Elder

Post by technophobe » Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:43 pm

I think that details so far of the first week are here. Not sure because I have't done this before.
, and the instructions are in Norwegian.

http://www.blogger.com/post-create.g?bl ... 2181420472
Richard & Jo

mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:32 pm

Great pic + great travelogue - can't wait for next installment =D> =D> =D>
technophobe
Tribal Elder

Post by technophobe » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:57 am

Don't think the blog worked. Can't do anything about that now as we are preparing to leave Sandefjord and catch to Speedferry from Larvik to Hirtshalls tomorrow. We aim to spend a few days in Schledwig Holstein before motoring down to Metz for some cuture. Don'y know when we will be able to pick up free wifi again.
Richard & Jo

the janner vanner
Supreme Being

Post by the janner vanner » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:08 am

Hi Richard and Jo, lovely pix, reminds me of my days in Norway when I was young lad in the Marines, lovely country and lovely people, just bit expensive.
The Janner Vanner

Return to “Going Abroad”