Time for a Sabbatical

Moderator: Muzorewa

Harry
Supreme Being

Time for a Sabbatical

Post by Harry » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:45 pm

Well folks I've decided to take some time out for a while.

Several reasons.

I'm off to hospital shortly for a long awaited operation to try to restore my hearing. In the last couple of months I've become nearly deaf in my right ear. Apparently the loss of hearing is due to some sort of tumor..biopsy indicates non malignant but it needs to be removed.

Burn out: I've probably given too much time to organising meets and fings but I'm getting less out of it. The poor turnout at Silverdale was the nail in the coffin.

No immediate prospect of getting a replacement bongo with dosh from the sale of by business/retirement..just the prospect of working on for another few years with 'negociated' time off.

Increasing commitment with Mountain Rescue search management as a regional training coordinator.

Wanting to spend more quality time with the family away in the caravan and mountain biking/geo9caching.

So there you go...time to move on for a while....thanks to all my bongo friends (you know who you are) for their consistant support and encouragement.

I'll keep popping in to the forum and maybe stop by at the odd meet (arn't they all odd?) but its time to step back and let others become more involved.

But in the words of Arnie...I'LL BE BACK.

cheers

H 8)
http://watcherswildlife.co.uk

Towing a shed with a Citroen C4 Picasso 1.6hdi vtr+
dobby
Supreme Being

Re: Time for a Sabbatical

Post by dobby » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:47 pm

All the best Harry, have a good one!
dandemann8
Supreme Being

Post by dandemann8 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:54 pm

Take it easy H, all the best =D> :D
Bongo no more........... ;-(
dandywarhol
Supreme Being

Post by dandywarhol » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:24 pm

Enjoy - keep lurking :D
Whale oil beef hooked
Renault Lunar Telstar
Yamaha TD1C 250, Merc SLK200, KTM Duke 690
Debs and David
Tribal Elder

Post by Debs and David » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:25 pm

That's really sad news Harry. Have enjoyed your company the last couple of times we've met. Really enjoyed your guided walk at Silverdale, although it killed me :lol: But your health and your family are the most important things. So good luck in everything and hope to still see you around sometime.

:D :D
Debs & David

You Need Degas to Make De Van Gogh
blobber
Supreme Being

Post by blobber » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:39 pm

Hope the op goes ok H......I SAID, HOPE THE OP GOES OK enjoy your sabbatical Harry, you deserve it.
Alan & Dot

Yes sir, I can Bongo !!

I now walk with an angel by my side.
friendeedebs
Supreme Being

Post by friendeedebs » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:46 pm

Harry wrote:Well folks I've decided to take some time out for a while.

Several reasons.

I'm off to hospital shortly for a long awaited operation to try to restore my hearing. In the last couple of months I've become nearly deaf in my right ear. Apparently the loss of hearing is due to some sort of tumor..biopsy indicates non malignant but it needs to be removed.

Burn out: I've probably given too much time to organising meets and fings but I'm getting less out of it. The poor turnout at Silverdale was the nail in the coffin.

No immediate prospect of getting a replacement bongo with dosh from the sale of by business/retirement..just the prospect of working on for another few years with 'negociated' time off.

Increasing commitment with Mountain Rescue search management as a regional training coordinator.

Wanting to spend more quality time with the family away in the caravan and mountain biking/geo9caching.

So there you go...time to move on for a while....thanks to all my bongo friends (you know who you are) for their consistant support and encouragement.

I'll keep popping in to the forum and maybe stop by at the odd meet (arn't they all odd?) but its time to step back and let others become more involved.

But in the words of Arnie...I'LL BE BACK.

cheers

H 8)
respect Harry x and if you're ever this way give me a nudge :)
Debs x
mister munkey
Supreme Being

Post by mister munkey » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:49 pm

Hats Off to you H. You have been a stalwart of this gang since the early days, all the contributions you've made to other peoples lives have not gone un-noticed. =D> =D> =D>

Even if you're not around so much in the near future, plenty of us have bits of your old Bongo fixed to ours that shall continue to do the rounds. :lol:

Best of luck in the near future & looking forward to welcoming you back at some point.

=D> =D> =D>
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. http://www.travelblog.org/Bloggers/MisterMunkey
Bongoplod
Supreme Being

Post by Bongoplod » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:54 am

Harry,

1. So SAD.SAD SAD that you are leaving us (albeit temp)
2. Silverdale wasnt a bad turnout,just a fw didnt attend thet said they would......it was still
a fabulous meeting
3. Best wishes for the "OP" hope it all goes well......keep us informed.
4. Cant knock your reasons for the mountain rescue and family commitments
5. Unfortunately,I will be a regular visitor to your shop when I`m up at the van

Take care and best wishes

Brian n Jean
Confucious once said " To be fluent in Bongolese is to hold the key to the world!"
Northern Bongolow
Supreme Being

Post by Northern Bongolow » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:17 am

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> .
thankyou harry.yours was the first meet we ever attended,because of your warmth and hospitality we got involved in bongos.we will miss you lots.
hope your op goes well,enjoy your free time :lol:
best wishes from all us down here.

regards ady.
karena
Supreme Being

Post by karena » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:05 am

really sorry from our point of view harry but health and familly come first.Please dont be a stranger though if you want some chill out time you know where our croft is and we wont tell anyone else about you howling at the moon -promise.
mobilecat
Supreme Being

Post by mobilecat » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:40 pm

Bongo friends, don't go away, they just take time out. You will always be a bongo crazy chap at heart, just devote your time to more important things for a while :)
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:59 pm

mister munkey wrote:Hats Off to you H. You have been a stalwart of this gang since the early days, all the contributions you've made to other peoples lives have not gone un-noticed. =D> =D> =D>

Even if you're not around so much in the near future, plenty of us have bits of your old Bongo fixed to ours that shall continue to do the rounds. :lol:

Best of luck in the near future & looking forward to welcoming you back at some point.

=D> =D> =D>
2nd that, and the original Silverdale autumn meet was one of the highlights of my Bongo outings, all thanks to you. I've enjoyed your company at the Big Bash too. You've done so much for the Bongo fraternity. Good luck with the op. Harry and drop in here from time to time if poss (I'm taking a rest myself but still peep in to see what's happening).

Mike 8)
brorabongo
Supreme Being

Post by brorabongo » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:01 pm

All the best for the operation Harry. Thanks for all you've done, and for the spare part I got from you, it's still in the shed as has not been needed..............yet. 8-[

Hope you get plenty of peace to recuperate, and hope see you again someday.
ボンゴの激怒 pictures
Run your fingers over my Bongo, and I'll run my Bongo over your fingers!! :twisted:
maxheadroom
Supreme Being

Post by maxheadroom » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:28 pm

Enjoy it Harry =D> =D> =D>
Keep the Faith

Return to “North West”