BONGO PARTS

drumtian

BONGO PARTS

Post by drumtian » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:34 pm

Hi

Tried another bit of the Forum but got no replies. Pranged my Bongo recently damaging the rear wing and bumper as well as the rear lights all on the driver's side.

Does anyone know where I can access, obo the designated insurance repairer, new parts to replace these bits?

Am just outside Glasgow but can travel wherever to collect.

The way this is looking I could still be waiting into the summer and am keen to get back to pristine asap!!

Many thanks

Mick

PS ANY ADVICE ON GOOD SERVICE GARAGES IN THE NORTH OF GLASGOW?
MountainGoat
Supreme Being

Re: BONGO PARTS

Post by MountainGoat » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:56 pm

New parts, not in Scotland but you can get them over the internet from either Bongobits or Japanese Auto Solutions down south but they are expensive. The few bits and pieces that I have had for mine and others Bongos have been from S & I Thomson Auto Salvage of Galashiels.

There are quite a few Bongo owners around Glasgow but a derth of Bongo friendly garages it would seem. Nearest I would think would be Direct Campers in Kilmarnock, Campercraft in Dunfirmline has a good reputation but I am not sure if they are fully back in business yet after the roof of the garage collapsed under the weight of snow early in December. I use GBL Motors in Edinburgh for general things apart from Coolant related ones, not a specific Bongo Garage but a good one recommended to me by dandywarhol.

Local Glasgow Bongo owners should be along soon with further recommendations.

Tony
Former SGL5 Owner Jeep Cherokee 2.5CRD Burstner Ixeo Time it585
Welshcav

Post by Welshcav » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:03 pm

Ive pranged mine as well and I also live in North glasgow, havent spoke to insurance yet but will need new rear bumper and rear finisher the tail gate has got a nice dent aswell. Coupled with this flashing glow pluglight so am in the process of sorting. Last year my Bongo got serviced at McHargs by Stevie.
rapiddescent
Bongolier

Post by rapiddescent » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:22 pm

I ordered through bongobits and they delivered next day direct to the garage in Stirling (new full exhaust). can't fault the service.
Ford Freda owning mountain biker dude
MountainGoat
Supreme Being

Post by MountainGoat » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:09 am

I can. I recently purchased two separate items from them via their website and paid for them straight away. I afterwards received an e.mail telling me that one of these items was out of stock and I would have to wait two weeks for the missing item to arrive from Japan so that they could send out the full order together.

Best phone them to make sure that they have the item you want in stock if you are in a hurry for it. The website is phants and rarely up to date.

Tony
Former SGL5 Owner Jeep Cherokee 2.5CRD Burstner Ixeo Time it585

Return to “Scotland”