Broken down Again

Moderator: Muzorewa

blobber
Supreme Being

Broken down Again

Post by blobber » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:02 pm

No, not in the Bongo, a hire van.The AA turned up with two men in the cab, a full time guy and a guy retraining after 10years out. The retraining guy turned out to be our old NW buddy Rabbitsquasher !!!!
He's gone over to the Dark Side, drives a T4 [-X [-X [-X
Alan & Dot

Yes sir, I can Bongo !!

I now walk with an angel by my side.
rabbitsquasher

Re: Broken down Again

Post by rabbitsquasher » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:01 pm

Glad to see you made it back!! =D> :lol: :lol:
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:03 pm

rabbitsquasher wrote:Glad to see you made it back!! =D> :lol: :lol:
Good to hear from you RS. Can't believe I just said that to a VW man - wash my mouth out with soap :lol: :lol: :lol:
rabbitsquasher

Post by rabbitsquasher » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:11 pm

Hello you!! long time no speak... well.... actually sold the VW and bought a... a...... another mazda!! 626 hehe #-o i do, however now drive a fancy yellow van.. with flashy lights!!

good to hear from you too

Steve
blobber
Supreme Being

Post by blobber » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:56 pm

Yep, made it back ok, thanks =D> =D>
Turned it off once back at the hire place,tried it again........nothing, hope your mate works it out cause i'm curious now.
Alan & Dot

Yes sir, I can Bongo !!

I now walk with an angel by my side.
rabbitsquasher

Post by rabbitsquasher » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:33 am

well... we both spent time looking at wiring diagrams when we left you, wondering whether the aux relay has been playing up or incorrectly wired... it was a strange one! We reckon the battery lost its power when you left the lights lowering the voltage to below 5v which kicks off a chain of events like immobiliser and relays shutting down. I guess it;s one of them ones that shall remain a mystery but would be good to know what they find. Because the starter was goosed (technical term) it was difficult to carry out the ordinary tests but hey ho... got you home :D had the starter worked... the battery problem would have presented itself much sooner!!

suppose I better call it a night.. up at 5 :shock:
Diane
Bongolier

Post by Diane » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:09 am

Bloody Hell rabbitsquasher!! Have you moved house? Was Cumbria too hilly for ya?? Or maybe too wet..........??? How's life with you?
Di
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:30 am

rabbitsquasher wrote:Hello you!! long time no speak... well.... actually sold the VW and bought a... a...... another mazda!! 626 hehe #-o i do, however now drive a fancy yellow van.. with flashy lights!!

good to hear from you too

Steve
Git yer lazy arse back in a Bongo- you know it makes sense \:D/ :lol: 8)
rabbitsquasher

Post by rabbitsquasher » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:26 pm

Hmm watch this space...
rabbitsquasher

Post by rabbitsquasher » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:43 pm

Diane wrote:Bloody Hell rabbitsquasher!! Have you moved house? Was Cumbria too hilly for ya?? Or maybe too wet..........??? How's life with you?
Di

Hello Di...

Well... I suppose it's fair to say nothing really worked out in Cumbria, kinda came apart at the seams so it did... :cry:

Moved to my Sisters in Northampton around 6 months ago and now in Leicester.

Nowadays I get to cook, wash, iron and dust all by myself and can go out to play whenever I like :lol:

I do still make the trip up regularly to see J

Now working for a company (not allowed to mention name but we drive big yellow vans with identical vowels) (and flashy lights)(think I mentioned that bit before)

Hope you're well too

Steve

Hope you're keeping well
karena
Supreme Being

Post by karena » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:52 pm

alan what are you trying to do to your boss 2 vans in the same week [-X and him done nothing to deserve it, :-"
hi rabbit squasher nice to see you still lurking
rabbitsquasher

Post by rabbitsquasher » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:21 pm

karena wrote:alan what are you trying to do to your boss 2 vans in the same week [-X and him done nothing to deserve it, :-"
hi rabbit squasher nice to see you still lurking

Lurking... stalking... call it what you wish!! Yeah I've popped my head in a few times obviously not missing the bongo one little iowta!! Now I have a small oyster and a big wide world at my finger ends... who knows... may get tempted one day but for now... dreams and wooden forks are all I have to go with!!

Steve
bigdaddycain
Supreme Being

Post by bigdaddycain » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:49 am

blobber wrote:No, not in the Bongo, a hire van.The AA turned up with two men in the cab, a full time guy and a guy retraining after 10years out. The retraining guy turned out to be our old NW buddy Rabbitsquasher !!!!
He's gone over to the Dark Side, drives a T4 [-X [-X [-X
Small world! :shock: :shock: =D>
ビッグダディケイン RIP Big Bank Hank (Imp the Dimp) 1957-2014
Diane
Bongolier

Post by Diane » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:38 pm

Hey Steve - sorry about your split. My life fell apart at the seams last year too. But, despite the crap at the time, life is really good now :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
I'm glad your no longer driving that VW shed of a camper - did those pretty curtains get too much for you to bear.........:wink:
I'm gonna try and put together another Windermere meet in May so if you happen to be up this way visiting Jackson you should call and say hullllo :)
Di
rabbitsquasher

Post by rabbitsquasher » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:48 pm

Diane wrote:Hey Steve - sorry about your split. My life fell apart at the seams last year too. But, despite the crap at the time, life is really good now :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
I'm glad your no longer driving that VW shed of a camper - did those pretty curtains get too much for you to bear.........:wink:
I'm gonna try and put together another Windermere meet in May so if you happen to be up this way visiting Jackson you should call and say hullllo :)
Di

Yeah life deals blows.. come to realise that but there's certainly more to it.. and that keeps things turning nicely. As for Doris (the vwsoac) I actually spent a lot of time getting it working right to be told.. like me... it had to go :lol: :roll: but to be honest.. it was becoming more of a pain in the backside as she was the only form of transport I had down here.... high roofs and car parks don't go well! So yeah sorry to see her go (the van that is) but like you.. things is ok :D
And the same goes for you too.. if ever around Leicester give es a yell... I'll stick the brew machine on and let ya dunk me hobnobs to your hearts content.

Not sure what's happening in May but if I can... I will

Lovely to hear from you again

Steve

Return to “North West”