Incessant beeping on a test drive

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

Driver+Passengers
Supreme Being

Re: Incessant beeping on a test drive

Post by Driver+Passengers » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:10 am

bigdaddycain wrote:And the "roof" light on the dash doesn't illuminate when the ignition is switched on? If not i'll hazard a guess it's been removed by the previous owner. Along with the butchered buzzers... If your happy the freetop is firmly anchored i'd stick my neck out and suggest the microswitch is iffy, yet all is well with the freetop... Still sticks in the back of your mind though i guess? Especially if your hoofing it along in the wind! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
The roof seems mechanically sound - I don't think this is of concern. The microswitch is clearly at fault - let's hope it's not masking anything else, though!

To reference Mike's thread on microswitch replacement, http://www.igmaynard.co.uk/bongo/forum/ ... =3&t=12912, I too have found not a lot of slack at all (ie none). I'm hoping you can get to the back of the channel where the wire is by opening the roof, removing the tent and going in from the back.
Image Image
What she doesn't know won't hurt me.
haydn callow
Supreme Being

Post by haydn callow » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:13 am

2 x buzzers on the way to-day
http://www.coolantalarm.co.uk
Developer of the Mazda Bongo Coolant loss Alarm
Also BMW Clocks
Driver+Passengers
Supreme Being

Post by Driver+Passengers » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:18 am

haydn callow wrote:2 x buzzers on the way to-day
Thank you very much, Haydn! I may regret it one day... ;)
Image Image
Driver+Passengers
Supreme Being

Post by Driver+Passengers » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:32 pm

Thanks to Haydn and the spare sounder, the AFT control unit now beeps when I turn the key - ie I've still to fix the roof microswitch so it thinks it's up. The sounder was mounted in through plated holes, so removing the old one was a little harder than with the timer and buzzer box - I managed to lift a bit of the plating off the board when removing the old sounder. Still, job done, back to the day job.

I noticed the timer and buzzer box at the front was being a bit intermittent - I admit it was plugged in though hanging off, but had the door open with lights on and no beep. Put the key in, got the 'key in' beep, turned the key got the 'roof up' beep (faulty microswitch), took the key out and got the 'door open lights on' beep. Perhaps a loose connection or another fault - I can't imagine there's a feature to selectively disable beeps. I'll keep an eye on it, but suspect there might be some more fault finding to do! :x
Image Image

Return to “Techie Stuff”