Help needed to find Top Radiator Hose Pipe in Cardiff Area

extraspark
Bongonaut

Help needed to find Top Radiator Hose Pipe in Cardiff Area

Post by extraspark » Tue May 31, 2011 6:41 pm

Hello all,

First of all I would like to say hello to everyone on this forum. I would also like to thank the Bongo owner if he looks on this site for stopping to help my wife and child after they broke down in there bongo last Friday.
I am trying to locate a top radiator hose for the bongo in Cardiff area. Does anybody know of anyhwhere I can go and pick one up, or do I need to order online. Also how much are they in general any links to pages most helpful.
i have looked on the internet and found them for £28 etc.
Anybody know of any replica parts that can be used etc.
Thanks for any advice given,
Once again thank you to the Bongo owner who stopped to help my wife and child out. You really are a different breed.
Thanks
borntobag

Re: Help needed to find Top Radiator Hose Pipe in Cardiff Ar

Post by borntobag » Tue May 31, 2011 6:59 pm

Get one from the club, click the link "bongo shop" then the highlighted "discount shop" choose your catagory "coolant system" and scroll down to find the top pipe....£22.
Either paypal it or call Ian and pay by card, you will be suprised how soon it arrives.
Good luck Rob
Dr.Jekyll

Post by Dr.Jekyll » Tue May 31, 2011 7:02 pm

You cant get one off the shelf in Cardiff, sorry. A&S in Caerphilly may have one, but they will only supply and fit and not just suppy parts. The Mazda dealer in Cardiff will sell you a genuine one but again not from stock and it will take about a week to get.

As for online, see borntobag's post above or http://www.mazdabongo.com/display.products.php?pId=541 @ £21.95

I always used JAS but they have stopped trading (real, real shame....).

Hope this helps - oh and don't for get you cant just pop the new hose on, a full cooling system bleed will be needed too...

Cheers.
extraspark
Bongonaut

Post by extraspark » Tue May 31, 2011 8:05 pm

Thank you both for you advice.

I will look into ordering then as I can not get it to a garage anyway as pipe is split. Nice to know about that garage. It seems to be mentioned alot for Bongos in this area.

Thanks once again great advice.
zeberdy1

Post by zeberdy1 » Tue May 31, 2011 9:08 pm

Hi,
Try Japanese spares in Bessemer rd you might just be lucky, I work in Bessemer rd. and have got a few spare parts from them!
Bob & Sue
extraspark
Bongonaut

Post by extraspark » Tue May 31, 2011 9:24 pm

Thanks for that bit of advice,

I have just been looking on youtube on how to bleed the bongo etc. It looks like a bit of work especially as mine is parked on the road and I do not have a garage.
Does the place in Caerphilly know about the coolent system etc and bleeding all the pipes etc.
Or are there issues with this garage as people have mentioned in previous threads about place in caerphilly.

Thanks
Dr.Jekyll

Post by Dr.Jekyll » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:42 am

Yes the garage in Caerphilly do know how to bleed the bongo * and are quite quick at fitting you in.

If I were home (and not in Algeria) I would pop round and show you how to bleed it yourself - its not hard once you have done it a few times. I am not back for another fortnight :(

* having said that they "bled" mine and when I checked, header tank was completely empty and short of about 2lts of coolant....hummm....phoned up and told just top it up.....hummm..... This is one of the reasons I went off and learnt how to look after a bongo myself and to be honest i have never looked back since.
Triple/R
Supreme Being

Post by Triple/R » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:15 am

Theres this one here from "JAS"~same as been said there discontinuing Bongo parts (which is a shame) but seems they've still got a few parts on the shelf.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWAX:IT
Regards Ray & Christine

It's only easy when you know the answer!!!!!!!!!!
Dr.Jekyll

Post by Dr.Jekyll » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:40 pm

Triple/R wrote:Theres this one here from "JAS"~same as been said there discontinuing Bongo parts (which is a shame) but seems they've still got a few parts on the shelf.

That's the wrong hose :( - that's from the head to the steel pipe, and not the top rad to steel pipe that extraspark is after.
extraspark
Bongonaut

Post by extraspark » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:30 pm

Thanks for all,

I have now ordered off the shop on this site. My friend mentioned he will help me ensure that there is no air in the system.
I have now watched the youtube clip on it several times so hopefully it will all go well.
:?
Triple/R
Supreme Being

Post by Triple/R » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:51 pm

Dr.Jekyll wrote:
Triple/R wrote:Theres this one here from "JAS"~same as been said there discontinuing Bongo parts (which is a shame) but seems they've still got a few parts on the shelf.

That's the wrong hose :( - that's from the head to the steel pipe, and not the top rad to steel pipe that extraspark is after.
Sorry~ :oops: :oops: :oops: i will have to read topic's properly in the future.
Regards Ray & Christine

It's only easy when you know the answer!!!!!!!!!!

Return to “Wales/Cymru”