63%
not to invest
38%

Total votes: 16
Dabs
Supreme Being

Re: marques

Post by Dabs » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:29 pm

My twopenneth (as a former Meet organiser and longstanding member)

Apart from maybe two large meets a year it needs to be realised that things have changed considerably since the NW/Yorks member organised Meets started 5 years ish ago. it has to be due to a natural progression for a large group (as we once had) to splinter and divide in time, geographical location, personalities and enthusiasm I feel play the biggest part in this as a result of this twinned with the difficulty of finding campsites big enough or in some cases daft enough to take a Bongo Meet on it is plain to see that the interest in the Meets has now waned as people generally are finding their own way of getting the most from their Bongos either individually or as small groups.

I have always applauded anyone who stands up and organises a Meet it isn’t an easy task and you can never please everyone all the time, I should know!!

The above said I have always been disappointed that not more of the regular Meet attendees have not bitten the bullet and called the odd one or two Meets especially as the NW/Yorkshire area is a big one with loads of new areas to see and visit, we all have little gems lurking locally to us so why not?….they needn’t all be camping weekends as Day Meets are usually well received and are probably more convenient in the Summer months as campsites are all at their busiest times.

I have mixed feelings in regard to the Marquees as some poor person is going to be lumbered by lugging it/them along to wherever so in that respect a smaller compact style would be a godsend I also agree that although the marquee gives the Meet a central social point it can also create one hell of a racket on site which if not curtailed to suit campsite rules can cause aggravation and disturbance to others.

These comments are purely my present observations (at the time a non Bongo owner) I would think that the first consideration at the moment would be to try and resurrect the interest and enthusiasm in group meets and hope one or two would step up and organise a few maybe then at that point start to look at alternative marquees/shelters and take it from there.

These are honest comments I for one would like it to get back to where we once where with regular friendly meets Days or Weekends it doesn’t matter they are all good happy times to attend!!

Cmon Peeps lets have more debate on this………..dont be shy have a say!!

Dabs
Its Oh so quiet!!..Ex Terra Lucem!!..A Leopard can't change his spots!
jetskier
Tribal Elder

Post by jetskier » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:47 pm

some good points there davyboy and muz,it is the luggin around and the putting up,as well as how many times they are useduntil di took delivery of the remaining 1,it lived in my garage for 3 yrs,noone to transport it,so this is a major point about it,di is being helpful,but will only be able to bring it if she is bringing the van,or even attending,no moans there di,but smallermore portable 1,s might be the way forward,i could even transport it with my crew,so much esier.
" if you carnt bongo,then PARTY"
NMOAD
B*Witched Blingo
Supreme Being

Post by B*Witched Blingo » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:09 am

Voted. Happy to contribute if that's the way it goes. But I must add, I will not put one under the bed for any reason. Got that NB???? [-X :lol:
You Tube Films Click Here
"Get your wellies out. No likey floaty Bongo's"
karena
Supreme Being

Post by karena » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:40 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: plenty of room just move the bongo engine up a bit.
PixieAndTheMoon
Supreme Being

Post by PixieAndTheMoon » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:52 pm

I voted yes and we would be happy to go with the flow on this one and would contribute, it is nice to have a communal area for us all to meet in. I will add that our marquee cost considerably more than £50. Problem is in the NW is wind! That has damaged our marquee a couple of times. Chris is in the process of reinforcing the legs. For our meets we are fortunate enough to have the use of a hall if needed.

I do agree though the one we currently have is cumbersome to anyone to lug around and store. Harry gave us all good service when it fell on his shoulders.

Jo
karena
Supreme Being

Post by karena » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:35 pm

"Problem in the NW is wind!" -too many pies thats why. :lol:
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:09 pm

....and mushy peas :oops:
Bongoplod
Supreme Being

Post by Bongoplod » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:01 pm

karena wrote:"Problem in the NW is wind!" -too many pies thats why. :lol:
Its not windy in Wiggin!!

Brian
Confucious once said " To be fluent in Bongolese is to hold the key to the world!"
Bongoplod
Supreme Being

Post by Bongoplod » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:02 pm

Muzorewa wrote:....and mushy peas :oops:
Ahhhh.....there`s plenty of them....Gods vegetables!

Brian
Confucious once said " To be fluent in Bongolese is to hold the key to the world!"

Return to “North West”