Jungfrau

Questions, tips & observations about taking your Bongo over the water.

Moderator: g8dhe

briwy
Supreme Being

Jungfrau

Post by briwy » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:40 pm

Thinking of going down to the Pyrenees via Switzerland this year for a change and going on the train up to the Jungfrau.

Been looking at campsites in the area and there seem to be a few ACSI sites round Interlaken but found this one in Lauterbrunnen further up the valley.

I know its along shot but have any of you Bongoers stayed there. Its pretty expensive (well very actually) but this could be be offset against cheaper tickets on the train up to the Jungfrau.

Also any recommendations for a site in Luxembourg or nearby for an overnighter on the way?

Thanks for any info.
g4gxl
Bongonaut

Re: Jungfrau

Post by g4gxl » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:45 pm

Not sure which site you are querying ?

I stayed here once - http://www.camping-jungfrau.com/en/camp ... efault.asp

It was a few years ago when I had a car and tent.
The facilities were great and the scenery absolutely stunning.
My only gripe was that everyone was packed in like sardines.

It was great as a base for days out but did not make for quiet relaxing evenings.
Of course they may have remodeled since then - I would go back in the off-peak season.

The ride up the Jungfrau is superb and you won't believe the view from the top !

Steve
1996 4wd AFT 2.5l diesel, white over silver with Chargespeed body kit (and furry dice)
briwy
Supreme Being

Re: Jungfrau

Post by briwy » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:54 pm

Ah, yes, forgot the link. Senior moment

http://www.camping-jungfrau.ch/en/campi ... efault.asp

That's the one Steve. Thanks for the report, I guess its bound to be busy as its just about as far as you can drive up towards Kleine Sheidegg. The roads past there appear to be verboten.

Return to “Going Abroad”