Bill @ Campercraft

Jim the Box
Tribal Elder

Re: Bill @ Campercraft

Post by Jim the Box » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:40 pm

MikeBongo wrote:Yes .. he can be difficult to track down. I always call him on his mobile and arrange to visit. He is just out of hospital and clearly has not been too well. I find him honest, straight forward, very helpful and knowledgable so I am happy to travel from East Lothian. That is not, of course to say there are not other excellent Bongo garages around .. I just like to support someone who has done a great job for me and I like!

In a similar vein I am into motorcycles in a big way and find it hard to go past Andy Minns at Border Bikes in Duns for all the same reasons I take the Bongo to Bill.

Mike
Hi mikebongo, I'm am also in eastlothian (haddington)and awaiting delivery of my first bongo from JAL, hope to have it in 2or3 weeks, may see you driving about the county
P.S. Your Bongo looks really smart

Jim
"Today's rain is tomorrow's Whisky"
MountainGoat
Supreme Being

Post by MountainGoat » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:10 pm

Quite a growing crowd of Bongos in Haddington and arround East Lothian these days. I am in the area occassionally, my dad was born at Monksmain cottage in Cockmilane Brae and is now burried in a plot in the cemetery down the road together with his parents and my mother.

I too got my Bongo from Japanese Auto Locators 5½ yars ago but have never been to Bill's at Campercaft. He was not in business at the time as far as I knew so I used to take my Bongo down to Wheelquick in Wigan which is not far from my sister's place. These days I have trained a local mechanic and a few Bongo Fury members to do all the hard work for me. :D

Tony
Former SGL5 Owner Jeep Cherokee 2.5CRD Burstner Ixeo Time it585
Jim the Box
Tribal Elder

Post by Jim the Box » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:31 pm

MountainGoat wrote:Quite a growing crowd of Bongos in Haddington and arround East Lothian these days. I am in the area occassionally, my dad was born at Monksmain cottage in Cockmilane Brae and is now burried in a plot in the cemetery down the road together with his parents and my mother.

I too got my Bongo from Japanese Auto Locators 5½ yars ago but have never been to Bill's at Campercaft. He was not in business at the time as far as I knew so I used to take my Bongo down to Wheelquick in Wigan which is not far from my sister's place. These days I have trained a local mechanic and a few Bongo Fury members to do all the hard work for me. :D

Tony
Thanks for the info, its good to hear of a mechanic this side of the forth with bongo knowledge, (the borders is not too far away) maybe
meet on our travels, can't wait to get on the road.

Jim
"Today's rain is tomorrow's Whisky"

Return to “Scotland”