I've booked my first overnight trip with 3 littlies.

For bongoing parents to discuss issues re: travelling & camping with children.

Moderators: Alison01326, mobilecat

klmwong

I've booked my first overnight trip with 3 littlies.

Post by klmwong » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:45 pm

Hi everyone,

I have booked a 2 night trip to Southport in Aug and it'll be the first bongo trip for the baby. It's going to be me, my 7 year old, 6 year old and 8m baby so I will be completely outnumbered by the young uns. I am excited but also I'm a bit apprehensive about it and could do with a few tips. We've never stayed in Southport before but friends say it's fab and there'#s loads to do with the older two. We will be staying at a caravan club site and the warden said that we were 5 to 10mins walk at a child's pace from the beach so I am hoping that will keep the big ones happy and if it looks like I am not managing then we can pack up and drive home cos it's only an hour away. The big two will be in the top so it's me and the baby on the seats. I;ve never found the seats that comfortable to lie on so I might need to spend a bit of time with various cushions working out how I am going to make it comfy for us cos she still wakes several times at night and usually wants nursing.

Right, I'm off to do some research on awnings. David is working and not coming to Southport but with the arrival of the baby I think we are badly in need of an awning for him to sleep in. Has anyone got any recommendations? They can be quite expensive. I don't mind paying for something good that we will use a lot but I don't want to make an expensive mistake either. :)

Bye,

MW
dandemann8
Supreme Being

Re: I've booked my first overnight trip with 3 littlies.

Post by dandemann8 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:21 pm

Hi and welcome, we're going to Southport in June also staying on the Caravan Club Site as we did last year. Lots to do all a short distance from the site.
As for sleeping on the folded seats I suggest getting a mattress topper, my partner always said she as the best nights sleep in the Bongo rather than at home :shock:
Bongo no more........... ;-(
winchman
Supreme Being

Post by winchman » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:36 pm

Good food at good value
http://www.visitsouthport.com/eating-an ... te-p282021
Best chippy
http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant ... gland.html

Take a walk down the pier, watch the kids on the Skate / BMX ramps at one side near the retail park, nice old fashioned amusement arcade at the end uses old pennys, 10 for £1, good fun for the kids.

We often go as its only 25 mins from home.
Dont forget the cinema incase it rains
Take a kite too as beach is ideal for kites
campervanfolk

Post by campervanfolk » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:25 pm

We've got 3 little ones too (6, 4 & 18mths) and it sounds very exciting what you've planned to do! I haven't been brave enough to go without my husband yet but you inspire me to consider it!
We've got a Khyam Driveaway Sleeper awning and it's great for the extra space but we've found it a bit tricky to put up (especially in the wind). It's fine once it's up but I think we need a lot more practice putting it up!
wonkanoby
Supreme Being

Post by wonkanoby » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:28 am

mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:12 am

Make sure you reverse the headrests in the middle bench seat as that reduces the lumpiness in the middle of the bed. :-)
klmwong

Post by klmwong » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:33 pm

Hiya everyone,

Thanks for your tips. I will be looking into them once the big ones are at school. The only problem is that august is SUCH a long time off still. Might try and book somewhere local in June as a trial run. Shame I can't book dry weather at the same time.

Return to “Bongoing with Children”