rock n roll mattress

Questions & answers about awnings, mattresses, and other things to make life on the road more comfortable. This section is for Bongo-specific kit only. No talk about backpacking tents here!

Moderator: Muzorewa

jutwit
Bongolier

rock n roll mattress

Post by jutwit » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:54 pm

having just fitted one in my van, i now need a mattress for it and here is my query if i get a one that is made to measure in 3 or 4 pieces do they come apart when sleeping on them? or are they connected somehow? secondly i can get an ikea bed mattress that will fit it, a 4" foam one, and could use bungee ropes or similar to keep it in position when its a seat, id rather have a good kip than a good looking chair thats not a great bed.
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Re: rock n roll mattress

Post by g8dhe » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:47 am

On ours the the two seat sections are loose, but the back sections are joined to keep them together in the raised position. They are kept in position by the raised ends of the bed so they don't separate whilst sleeping.
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
Jim the Box
Tribal Elder

Post by Jim the Box » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:10 pm

jutwit wrote:having just fitted one in my van, i now need a mattress for it and here is my query if i get a one that is made to measure in 3 or 4 pieces do they come apart when sleeping on them? or are they connected somehow? secondly i can get an ikea bed mattress that will fit it, a 4" foam one, and could use bungee ropes or similar to keep it in position when its a seat, id rather have a good kip than a good looking chair thats not a great bed.
Velcro Strips do the trick to hold the sections in position I have made to measure custom sections on my R&R bed as standard works fine
"Today's rain is tomorrow's Whisky"
jutwit
Bongolier

Post by jutwit » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:36 pm

any reccomendations on upholsterers ? and what sort of price should i expect to pay?

Return to “Bongo Camping Equipment”