EDIT: October 6th meet

mountainmummy
Bongolier

Re: EDIT: October 6th meet

Post by mountainmummy » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:47 pm

Yipee I hope Matt's forecast is right.

Cold but clear - get the gloves out.

:D :D :D :D
Why, oh why did I chose such a naff forum name????
brorabongo
Supreme Being

Post by brorabongo » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:19 pm

:-k might take a jacket with me for a change. :lol:

MountainGoat wrote:Solution - Go straight to the bar of the Clachairg Inn and let you kid drive us all back to Red Squirrel campsite when we crawl out at closing time. :idea:

Tony
:lol: No Chance!!! as much as he would love too. Anyway, I could do with the exercise.........and no i'm not joining you hill walking on Saturday!!
ボンゴの激怒 pictures
Run your fingers over my Bongo, and I'll run my Bongo over your fingers!! :twisted:
Driver+Passengers
Supreme Being

Post by Driver+Passengers » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:22 pm

brorabongo wrote::-k might take a jacket with me for a change. :lol:

MountainGoat wrote:Solution - Go straight to the bar of the Clachairg Inn and let you kid drive us all back to Red Squirrel campsite when we crawl out at closing time. :idea:

Tony
:lol: No Chance!!! as much as he would love too. Anyway, I could do with the exercise.........and no i'm not joining you hill walking on Saturday!!
I thought he meant my kid! :shock: :shock: :lol:
Image Image
What she doesn't know won't hurt me.
mountainmummy
Bongolier

Post by mountainmummy » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:42 pm

Driver+Passengers wrote:
brorabongo wrote::-k might take a jacket with me for a change. :lol:

Tony
I thought he meant my kid! :shock: :shock: :lol:
Perhaps if Thomas, Lachlann and Ishbel all stood on each others shoulders and we got a long coat we could pass them off as a very thin grown up and sneak them into the pub :?: :?:

:lol: :lol:
Why, oh why did I chose such a naff forum name????
MountainGoat
Supreme Being

Post by MountainGoat » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:07 pm

As far as I can remember you don't need to sneak the kids into the hotel. Maybe into the climber's bar which is usually packed and difficult to get anywhere near the bar. But as far as I can remeber I think that I saw kids in the saloon where they also serve meals. Just buy them a plate of chips like we had last time and there should not be a problem unless there is a time restriction on kids.

The only problem is walking back to the campsite in pitch darkness, especially for me. :?

Tony
Former SGL5 Owner Jeep Cherokee 2.5CRD Burstner Ixeo Time it585
dunslair
Supreme Being

Post by dunslair » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:12 pm

MountainGoat wrote:As far as I can remember you don't need to sneak the kids into the hotel. Maybe into the climber's bar which is usually packed and difficult to get anywhere near the bar. But as far as I can remeber I think that I saw kids in the saloon where they also serve meals. Just buy them a plate of chips like we had last time and there should not be a problem unless there is a time restriction on kids.

The only problem is walking back to the campsite in pitch darkness, especially for me. :?

Tony
They are fine about kids in the 'saloon', they even have a giant connect 4 for them to play with. Usual restrictions would apply I'm sure, but as long as they are well behaved and only drink shorts you should be fine :wink:

Have a great time everyone, wish I could make it.... I will give a toot as we speed past heading North late Saturday evening :(
mulshy
Bongolier

Post by mulshy » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:35 pm

Hoping to get there ourselves,had a warped manifold :twisted: so at the minute it's on the kitchen table

If it all goes to plan i'll be putting it back together Friday morning after work and hopefully be up there afternoon or evening [-o<

Matt,are you still needing a relay from Renfrew as we're coming from that area and I could pick up your bars this week in anticipation of a plan
coming together on Friday
all the same but different
Driver+Passengers
Supreme Being

Post by Driver+Passengers » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:18 pm

Mulshy - PM sent.
Image Image
MountainGoat
Supreme Being

Post by MountainGoat » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:02 pm

Getting there. Just trickle charging my leisure battery to ensure it is fully topped up before I leave and loading up with a bit of wood that's lying around the back garden.

Tony

Former SGL5 Owner Jeep Cherokee 2.5CRD Burstner Ixeo Time it585
clutha
Bongolier

Post by clutha » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:14 pm

Driver+Passengers wrote:Mulshy - PM sent.
+ 1 from me!
Freda now gone, :-/ But nice wee Burstner obtained ;-)
http://www.gordonbickerton.co.uk
Bongopoet
Tribal Elder

Post by Bongopoet » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:43 pm

We probably won't be up until Saturday morning but I imagine space will not be a problem as Dunslair is not going.
Any requests from Thomas on the baking front?
Driver+Passengers
Supreme Being

Post by Driver+Passengers » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:57 pm

Bongopoet wrote:We probably won't be up until Saturday morning but I imagine space will not be a problem as Dunslair is not going.
That's very kind of you...

Thomas: Shortbread, please.
Me: What kind?
Thomas: Chocolate.

Anything I can bring in return? Black pudding?? :D
Image Image
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:03 pm

Sadly we're not going to make this meet - I've had a second bout of cellulitis and only escaped from hospital last week. Whilst I'm ok, a mad 700 mile trek for a one-nighter probably isn't what the doctor ordered even though I've done that kind of thing before.

Team Muz and Red Squirrel are doomed - but I do have a cunning plan for next year.... :D

Have fun all those who are able to get there, take pics and I'll raise a glass of Ribena to you :wink:
Bongopoet
Tribal Elder

Post by Bongopoet » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:16 pm

Muz sorry to hear that. Cellulitis is troublesome indeed especially when one has to stick to ribena, I shall raise a glass of my Limoncello.

Thomas shall have chocolate shortbread. Any other requests from fellow Red Squirrelers?
dunslair
Supreme Being

Post by dunslair » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:28 pm

Bongopoet wrote:We probably won't be up until Saturday morning but I imagine space will not be a problem as Dunslair is not going.

You just won't let it lie will you....... :lol: I thought that pile of stuff left at the side of the track was the result of some no good fly tipper, how was I to know it was all your camping kit? :D

NEXT TIME BRING SOME CONES!!! (and some of that fantastic tray bake [-o< ) :lol:

Return to “Scotland”