Euro Tunnel

Questions, tips & observations about taking your Bongo over the water.

Moderator: g8dhe

umbongocat
Supreme Being

Re: Euro Tunnel

Post by umbongocat » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:39 am

We've just come back and were booked on the Euro tunnel as a car. We're converted and on our log book is classified as a motorhome but we had no problem getting through as a car and we had a kayak on the top of the roof :)
I love cheese!
LisaMc
Junior Bongonaut

Post by LisaMc » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:43 pm

Well my hubby's party possibly have finally grown up and didnt seem to be that loud at all :lol: Their site was really good according to him, the owner placed them near the showers, near the toilets and near the marquee. The best news was the Bongo got there and back like a dream (I have to admit, I was worried) and as Button won, it really made hubby's weekend.
LisaMc
Junior Bongonaut

Post by LisaMc » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:44 pm

umbongocat wrote:We've just come back and were booked on the Euro tunnel as a car. We're converted and on our log book is classified as a motorhome but we had no problem getting through as a car and we had a kayak on the top of the roof :)
He didnt have any problems either so at least we know what to do in future. The stop he made in the tabacco place in Belgium makes me think we might be making that trip a few times lol.
scanner
Supreme Being

Post by scanner » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:57 pm

LisaMc wrote:
umbongocat wrote:We've just come back and were booked on the Euro tunnel as a car. We're converted and on our log book is classified as a motorhome but we had no problem getting through as a car and we had a kayak on the top of the roof :)
He didnt have any problems either so at least we know what to do in future. The stop he made in the tabacco place in Belgium makes me think we might be making that trip a few times lol.
If he had travelled just a few Km's south to Luxembourg you might definitely have thought about going again.

The saving on the UK price for the likes of Golden Virginia is in the region of £225 per person if you buy the recommended personal allowance of 1kg if you smoke "ready mades" L&B or B&H are roughly £3.20/20 (20% cheaper than Belgium) and you are "allowed" 800 - the diesel there was 91p/litre in June.

Bringing back the full "allowance" each adult should save roughly £400 on the UK price.

The swoop down into Lux and then back across Belgium and Northern France isn't much longer than straight back past Liege and Brussels and it is a much nicer drive, less built up, less traffic and more scenic.

Return to “Going Abroad”