morocco 2011-2012

Questions, tips & observations about taking your Bongo over the water.

Moderator: g8dhe

mentaliss
Bongolier

morocco 2011-2012

Post by mentaliss » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:02 pm

anyone done Morocco in the last 12mths? would like to tour there during mid Sept' till Nov' end, any advice, where not to go, must go places, etc, etc
Velocette
Supreme Being

Re: morocco 2011-2012

Post by Velocette » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:32 pm

mentaliss wrote:anyone done Morocco in the last 12mths? would like to tour there during mid Sept' till Nov' end, any advice, where not to go, must go places, etc, etc
Assilah looks good, but I only know because my Local Morrocan restaurant of the same name promotes it on its website.
[url]http://germanshepherdrescue.co.uk/[/url]
Glenda
Bongolier

Post by Glenda » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:02 am

Was in Morocco 5 years back when first bought Bongo. Spent 2 months. Was shocked by vast numbers of French pensioners in huge camper killer vans, who over winter there. The Moroccans are great and have great sense of humour. Keep smiling when they hassle you and they soon break into a smile. French coffee and patisseries abound. All major cities have campsites on edge of town. Beware calculators when paying bills as this indicates added extras. tangiers, Fez, Casablanca, Marrakesh and even Agadir brilliant. Sahara sand dunes over the Atlas great for wild camping. Essaouira and regions great. Sidi Ifni in south worth getting to.
The area to the East of Tangier is a drug mountain area. Very beautiful but lots of hassle. If you do Chefchuan I would do it on return when you are Moroccan savvy. We did Tangiers likewise driving straight through from ferry. On way home though it was great wandering round and ovr the headland there are some lovely beaches.
google for info on the camping areas.
Have a great time. I am ready to go back but first we leave for Turkey for 7 weeks in Bongo this Sunday. Can't wait!
briwy
Supreme Being

Post by briwy » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:37 pm

Return to “Going Abroad”