Firth of Forth

To celebrate 10 years since the formation of the Bongo Fury owners club, Sunday 24th February 2013 has been designated as National Bongo Day. What we have in mind is a series of events in various locations across the UK & Ireland where Bongonauts can get to meet each other and perhaps have a Sunday lunch.

Moderator: Ian

the laird
Supreme Being

Re: Firth of Forth

Post by the laird » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:51 pm

Tammuzzhq: not being the most agile person if I can catch or entrap a haggis for your team to take home after a visit to the forth on nat bongo day I think I can promise you one,that won't be a prob if that can get you ou here,lol
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:30 pm

An excellent prospect. We only returned the other day empty-handed from a sortie north of the border, haggiswise anyway, although we did bag a fair dinkum of Lorne sausage, clootie dumpling and Wee Willie Winkies :lol:
the laird
Supreme Being

Post by the laird » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:34 pm

Yeah went to get some wee winkies but shelve was empty(suspect you done the raid on halls products )going by your great pics
MountainGoat
Supreme Being

Post by MountainGoat » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:41 pm

Muz, get your backside up here again at the end of the month and join the Selkirk Haggis Hunt. Learn from the experts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UX44YRNgUw

Tony
Former SGL5 Owner Jeep Cherokee 2.5CRD Burstner Ixeo Time it585
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:51 pm

Hi
Well...Ye'll need a proper Haggis Gun to bag a wee haggis :
http://www.middlesexvillagetrading.com/ ... _right.JPG
Cheers
Helen
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:52 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: Is that you Tony :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's a poor specimen of a haggis they caught though, aren't they supposed to use the ones made out of real sheep's bladders or something, not a plastic bag? :D
ffrank
Bongonaut

Post by ffrank » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:02 am

ive printed off this event and look fwd to being there.well its only 15 ,20 mins away.
Bongopoet
Tribal Elder

Post by Bongopoet » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:14 pm

Dunslair do I need to reseve a place or just squeeze in somewhere? 8)
dunslair
Supreme Being

Post by dunslair » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:59 am

Bongopoet wrote:Dunslair do I need to reseve a place or just squeeze in somewhere? 8)
I usually find turning up late and pinching somebody's space works for me...... But then you know that don't you :?: :wink: :lol:

I will pop down over the next few weeks and check out the lie of the land and report back.

Regards

David.
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:55 am

When we were there recently there was plenty of free parking - except on days when there's a cruise liner due in, the dates of which were clearly marked on lamp-posts, midweek I think. As long as the date doens't clash with that it should be a good day! :D
Bongopoet
Tribal Elder

Post by Bongopoet » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:47 pm

The two bridges hotel is closed but there are other good eateries in the area. I am looking into the feasibility of a boat trip. If any one is interested let me know.
the laird
Supreme Being

Post by the laird » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:11 pm

Think that's a great idea to tie in a trip on one of the boats.would be great if we can get enough names to go out in the forth.
peterrc
Bongolier

Post by peterrc » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:28 pm

the laird wrote:Think that's a great idea to tie in a trip on one of the boats.would be great if we can get enough names to go out in the forth.
You will have to supply your own boat. Scheduled sailings are from 1 April.
How about a walk around the Royal Burgh? Up 'Jacobs ladder' (count the steps) along the old Port Edgar railway line to the 'Back Braes' (good spot for photography looking over the Burgh) down the Loan to the harbour, along the beach to the '39 steps' and back to the promenade?
dunslair
Supreme Being

Post by dunslair » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:52 pm

peterrc wrote:
the laird wrote:Think that's a great idea to tie in a trip on one of the boats.would be great if we can get enough names to go out in the forth.
How about a walk around the Royal Burgh? Up 'Jacobs ladder' (count the steps) along the old Port Edgar railway line to the 'Back Braes' (good spot for photography looking over the Burgh) down the Loan to the harbour, along the beach to the '39 steps' and back to the promenade?
Can I watch you from The Hawes Inn, with a real fire flickering in the background and a steaming pile of Haggis and mash in the foreground? :D
peterrc
Bongolier

Post by peterrc » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:05 pm

dunslair wrote:
peterrc wrote:
Can I watch you from The Hawes Inn, with a real fire flickering in the background and a steaming pile of Haggis and mash in the foreground? :D
I will join you when I finish the walk.

Return to “National Bongo Day Sunday 24/02/13”