Need some sort of cooker lid

Questions & answers about awnings, mattresses, and other things to make life on the road more comfortable. This section is for Bongo-specific kit only. No talk about backpacking tents here!

Moderator: Muzorewa

whitefalcon

Need some sort of cooker lid

Post by whitefalcon » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:35 pm

We've just got our Bongo and have only been away in it twice so far. We have children of 4 and 1 yrs and could really do with something to discourage them from touching the gas hob, particularly as we are planning to get them to sleep in the downstairs.
Does anyone know where you can get lids or protectors as the hob did not come with one?
Thanks
bongodonkey
Tribal Elder

Re: Need some sort of cooker lid

Post by bongodonkey » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:55 pm

On your cooking surface - does your cooker protrude above that surface or is it level/recessed with the surface. If so you should be able to get in touch with the gas burners manufacturer and lid that covers it. Failing that get hold of some durable plastic trays and fabricate your own.
Oz, Sam & the girls | 2001 V6 AFT | LPG | 321Away F/S/C | A Bongo called OLIVE
whitefalcon

Post by whitefalcon » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:38 pm

It sticks up above the surface. Have thought about trying to DIY it and improvise something.
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:47 pm

I'd turn the gas off at the cylinder when you're not cooking as an extra safety measure. :wink:

And a very warm welcome. :D
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:15 am

Hi
Some photos would help, then the ideas will come flooding in......my experience would dictate that with a 4-year-old, you would need a padlock and chains....and THAT'S just for the child....by the time mine was 5 he'd have be re-wiring the darned Bongo :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cheers
Helen
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.

Return to “Bongo Camping Equipment”