ITALY

Questions, tips & observations about taking your Bongo over the water.

Moderator: g8dhe

Graham
Bongonaut

ITALY

Post by Graham » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:18 pm

Hi I am thinking of traveling down to Lake Como in Italy but would prefer to have a stop over some where for a couple of nights.Can anybody suggest a good route and possibly even recommend any good campsites.
rhenry
Bongonaut

Re: ITALY

Post by rhenry » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:52 am

HI

I drove to Venice a couple of years ago. Everyone told me including the satnav the quickest way was through FRance which marginally it is, however its expensive in TOlls ( £100-150). I drove from Calais up into Belgium (ardennes) and then basicallay diaganoally through Germany on Autobahns down toward Stuttgart. I overnighted in a place called Nurtingen. Next day I drove down to Innsbruck in Austria and then over the ALps on the Brenner pass into Northern Italy and on to Venice. Its a good route and only incurrs 2 tolls which cost me about £40. Great views adn scenery going through Austria and over the ALps. I hit no traffice jams or problems there and back.

Good luck
HarrysDad
Junior Bongonaut

Post by HarrysDad » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:46 am

Hi. Just read your post. Sounds like a great trip idea. We made it to lake garda and then onto slovenia.
I have created a blog with a few campsite ideas and a basic route down through france and over the alps, which was amazing.
Details below. Andrew

www.campervanlife.wordpress.com
umbongocat
Supreme Being

Post by umbongocat » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:14 pm

If you want to visit Venice, there's a very convenient campsite called Camp Jolly. Lots of backpackers there but good for visiting Venice as they have a bus that takes you there and brings you back
I love cheese!
M 80NGO
Supreme Being
Location: Usually in My own wibbly wobbly lill world ! Otherwise Huntingdon.

Post by M 80NGO » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:14 pm

Do you want scenery or motorway ? If its scenery then go armed with a good map of europe and a sat nave so that you can point to point along the old route nationals, if you want motorways then just take ya satnav.

Look at bikers routes through europe as these tend to be the most scenic.

Return to “Going Abroad”