May Bank Holiday 3rd - 6th May

Moderator: Muzorewa

PixieAndTheMoon
Supreme Being

Re: May Bank Holiday 3rd - 6th May

Post by PixieAndTheMoon » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:36 pm

Well we are enjoying a beautiful sunny day here in Allithwaite, that will be my only mention of the weather ahead :D

There is a boot fair at the airfield in Flookburgh on the Sunday the 5th for those wishing to pop there, I have seen the sign.

Jo x
HazelM
Bongonaut

Post by HazelM » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:57 pm

Good afternoon Jo & All!

Sincere apologies for the very short notice but unfortunately we (including Herman) will be unable to join you this coming weekend (unforeseen family commitments have cropped up). I hope "another" will be able to take advantage of the EHU - especially as the weather forecast is looking favourable. In the event of the EHU not being taken I am more than willing to make a donation to the charity - let me know please.

Whilst writing may I also mention that I have recently had a new alternator supplied & fitted. The sediment & battery light came back on at the weekend (had similar back in October - nothing since?!) so in to the garage she went! Garage owner tells me they check the ouput from alternator - was very low but now ok & warning lights have disappeared. Apparently alternators can play up for sometime and I gather this is what has occurred in my case.

Have a lovely weekend all and I really am disappointed that we are unable to join you all - it is one of those! :( Do not forget to pack the sun lotion! :D

Bongo and out!

Hazel & Herman :D :D
Peg leg Pete
Supreme Being

Post by Peg leg Pete » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:19 pm

My poor old legs!!!
Hope Alan has the Zimmer I can borrow :roll:
Image Pete
PixieAndTheMoon
Supreme Being

Post by PixieAndTheMoon » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:22 pm

No worries Hazel, I am really sorry for your family thing, I well know how family commitments control the happening scene. I hope all is ok for you friend x
PixieAndTheMoon
Supreme Being

Post by PixieAndTheMoon » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:25 pm

Peg leg Pete wrote:My poor old legs!!!
Hope Alan has the Zimmer I can borrow :roll:

Begger your poor old 3 legs LOL. Hook up allocated to your family mate

Jo x
karena
Supreme Being

Post by karena » Wed May 01, 2013 12:44 pm

hazel you might want to check the new alternator is the right size -the same thing happened to me -the garage sent ours for re-conditioning but another one came back -the problems continued then ady lent me one that he knew was working to try find out what the problem was -he and and Kirsty took the replacement off laid it next to the loan one and it was instantly clear the size differenceeven to my non technical eye.

and now i am flumoxed -i came here specifically to ask something and now i dont know what it was think i might be joining someone in the geriatric section before very long :lol:
PixieAndTheMoon
Supreme Being

Post by PixieAndTheMoon » Wed May 01, 2013 8:21 pm

"and now i am flumoxed -i came here specifically to ask something and now i dont know what it was think i might be joining someone in the geriatric section before very long :lol:"

What was you were gonna ask love? (said in a nice quiet psychiatrist kinda way) :lol:

Jo x
PixieAndTheMoon
Supreme Being

Post by PixieAndTheMoon » Wed May 01, 2013 8:23 pm

However, for everyone else we will be up and running for mid tomorrow afternoon.

Anyone is welcome to join us. Look forward to seeing you all again friends.

Jo xx
karena
Supreme Being

Post by karena » Wed May 01, 2013 8:45 pm

now i really am going round the bend -i still cant remember what i wanted to ask -and what day is it -please tell me it isnt thursday i havnt packed or anything.
bongobaz
Tribal Elder

Post by bongobaz » Thu May 02, 2013 8:36 am

Sorry can't make this one, would only have been able to do saturday so not worth the fuel.
Hope you have a good time send regards to the Pheasant.
Baz, Debs and Wayne.
Always be ready for a Top Up!
HazelM
Bongonaut

Post by HazelM » Thu May 02, 2013 9:40 am

Hi Karen!

Sorry I caused a moment of "what on earth was I going to do...." and I hope you have now remembered :?:

Re alternator - I decided on a new alternator!! :shock: and he showed me the box etc to prove it was new. Reassuring too that it has a 12 month warranty. Yes expensive but as a solo traveller and not being tech savvy thought this best, especially as I had problems back in October. I have been reading up about alternators etc on the forum and understand that they can "play up" for sometime before eventually packing in altogether.

I plan on covering some miles this year (West coast of Scotland) and wish to start off knowing all is ok, especially as I had a similar problem with warning lights in Oct last year. I took her to the garage used by the previous owner, who is also listed on the Bongo Fury site, so I have to assume he has fitted the correct one.

I am really disappointed that I cannot join you all for the weekend but there is always the next one!

Enjoy, drink and be merry! :D :D :D

Hazel & Herman :D :D
PixieAndTheMoon
Supreme Being

Post by PixieAndTheMoon » Thu May 02, 2013 10:02 am

Sorry to hear that Baz and Debs, I hope you have a great weekend with whatever you are able to do.

For anyone interested there is a Buffet Dance on at the centre on the Saturday night 8 - 12 pm. Not sure what it entails but tickets are £7.

I am afraid Karen is having senior moments Hazel. I hope your weekend pans out ok for you.

Jo x
karena
Supreme Being

Post by karena » Thu May 02, 2013 10:21 pm

senior moments -Moi - :shock: I am now bringing the Kyham instead of juniors bike as i have been informed of the weather forecast.
not sure Allithwaite is ready for my dancing :lol:
diamond
Tribal Elder

Post by diamond » Mon May 06, 2013 7:13 pm

Many thanks to Jo and chris, for once again putting up with a load of p*ss artiste in their back garden. See you soon =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
PixieAndTheMoon
Supreme Being

Post by PixieAndTheMoon » Mon May 06, 2013 8:11 pm

Thanks Neil, next will be the Steam Gathering weekend - I will post it up soon.

Thank you all very much for coming friends and making it a great one. Nice to see a couple of peeps drop by also. I hope the aluboat sailed well.

We raised £520 to keep a nice plot of land great. Thank you all so very much!

Jo xx

Return to “North West”