Stolen Bongo Glasgow

ShaunMc
Apprentice Bongonaut

Stolen Bongo Glasgow

Post by ShaunMc » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:48 pm

Hello all,

I'm sorry to have such a miserable topic as my first post, my girlfriend bought her first Bongo from Campercraft a few months back, and after finding lots of useful techie advice in the forums both pre and post purchase I was wondering if anyone can help.

We returned from holiday a few days back and discovered that our van was stolen. It's pretty heartbreaking, as we (but particularly she) spent a long time finding for us what was the perfect van, and we were really excited about first using it in the next month or so.

We've notified the police and the insurance, but we were wondering if anyone else has any advice for things we can do, ie sites to check, people to phone? Anything to feel a bit less useless I suppose.

Sorry about not posting any more information, we're a little paranoid about putting anything online at this stage.
ELZE
Supreme Being

Re: Stolen Bongo Glasgow

Post by ELZE » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:08 pm

:cry: :cry: :cry: Sorry to hear your bad news guys. My guess it it will be in a chop shop by now. Bongo parts must be big business by now like Landrovers and the sh*ts to stole it will probably use Ebay, Gumtree and placed like that. A car shell now attracts around £100 scrap.

I hope you are lucky and get it back in one piece but more so i hope that those who stole it get a bad case of piles and they put vasaline up to £90 a jar!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
A Bongo is for life, not just for Christmas
MountainGoat
Supreme Being

Post by MountainGoat » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:26 pm

Sorry to hear of your problem, not heard of many stolen in Glasgow but quite a few were stolen in Edinburgh a year or so ago with a few being lucky enough to have the attempt fail.

If you don't get it back then seach the archives on how to deal with the insurance company. In a nutshell you won't find the price of a Bongo in Glasses Guide so insurance companies tend to offer you the value of the cheapest one that they can find which is usually an old wreak. Never accept their first ,second or third offers but hold out for as near as possible for the price that you paid.

Good Luck

Tony
Former SGL5 Owner Jeep Cherokee 2.5CRD Burstner Ixeo Time it585
ShaunMc
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by ShaunMc » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:37 pm

Haha, thanks ELZE, thats a good point about the bits, will keep an eye on eBay etc for any of the more distinctive bits.

Thanks Tony, we should have a receipt for the sale so hopefully that'll help.
hairyneep
Bongolier

Post by hairyneep » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:18 pm

These scum make my blood boil :evil:

Although you don't want too post too much info, the more you can pass on here the more of us will be looing out for your motor or the bits.
The more we can all do to stop these scumbags the better, I'm still mourning the loss of my Santa Cruz Heckler mountain bike 2 years ago :cry:
Simon Jones
Supreme Being

Post by Simon Jones » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:14 am

Might be worth posting details such as reg number, colour and any identifying features just in case someone spots it on their travels.
Obi
Bongonaut

Post by Obi » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:40 am

So sorry to hear about that. Scumbags.
Terri & colin
Bongolier

Post by Terri & colin » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:29 am

Hugs from us too. I would also keep an eye out on eBay vans are broken on there.Grrr x
clutha
Bongolier

Post by clutha » Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:08 pm

What a sickener!
Kind of know how it feels, as I had an 18 month old motorbike stolen while living in Glasgow, 1500 miles on it :evil:

If you feel like pm'ing details we'll keep our eyes peeled.
Freda now gone, :-/ But nice wee Burstner obtained ;-)
http://www.gordonbickerton.co.uk
hijimhere
Tribal Elder

Post by hijimhere » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:04 pm

Maybe we should have a thread restricted to stolen vehicles chassis/colour.
ShaunMc
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by ShaunMc » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:45 pm

Sorry to resurrect an old post, but we received notice from a vehicle recovery place the other day that the van had been found... torched! Apparently it's been in Polmadie, less than 10 miles from the house since March. The police had only just got round to identifying it by VIN number...

We've now happily got another van with the insurance money, but a cautionary tale: I'm sure they did their best, but don't expect the Police to be much use in any stolen van situations!
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:47 pm

ShaunMc wrote:Sorry to resurrect an old post, but we received notice from a vehicle recovery place the other day that the van had been found... torched! Apparently it's been in Polmadie, less than 10 miles from the house since March. The police had only just got round to identifying it by VIN number...

We've now happily got another van with the insurance money, but a cautionary tale: I'm sure they did their best, but don't expect the Police to be much use in any stolen van situations!
Glad it's ended well but how sad that people do that to an extraordinary car :-(
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:50 pm

Glad you're sorted, these scum should be strung up. :twisted:
clutha
Bongolier

Post by clutha » Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:11 am

ShaunMc wrote:Sorry to resurrect an old post, but we received notice from a vehicle recovery place the other day that the van had been found... torched! Apparently it's been in Polmadie, less than 10 miles from the house since March. The police had only just got round to identifying it by VIN number...

Glad you're sorted.

I wonder if police priorities have changed since the new setup.

My bike theft experience re police was positive.
Freda now gone, :-/ But nice wee Burstner obtained ;-)
http://www.gordonbickerton.co.uk

Return to “Scotland”