Allithwaite September meet 27th - 29th

Moderator: Muzorewa

PixieAndTheMoon
Supreme Being

Re: Allithwaite September meet 27th - 29th

Post by PixieAndTheMoon » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:31 pm

Hi the few, Chris and I had a great time also. Blessed with the weather, I have topped up my Allithwiate tan. It was lovely to meet Tony's better half June, lovely lady.

Lovely Pics Brian, good ones of Cedric.

See a few of you in Clitheroe in a couple of weeks

Jo x
blobber
Supreme Being

Post by blobber » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:46 pm

Really sorry to have missed this meet, would have loved to have done the walk again. Great pics, looks like you had just ever so slightly better weather this time :lol: :lol:
Ah, happy memories of the ditches at end of the walk :^o :^o
Alan & Dot

Yes sir, I can Bongo !!

I now walk with an angel by my side.
Bongoplod
Supreme Being

Post by Bongoplod » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:48 pm

Fantastic fantastic photos photos Brian !!

Brian
Confucious once said " To be fluent in Bongolese is to hold the key to the world!"
briwy
Supreme Being

Post by briwy » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:56 pm

Yes Tony said it was rubbish weather when you did it before Alan, said he could actually see where we were going this time.

Gps track of the route here. Tad under 8 miles.

This is for interest only. DON'T follow this track by yourself. The conditions change all the time so it will not be safe now.

Seems that Health & Safety strikes again.
The other guy that has been guiding the walks for twenty years is packing up. Apparently a couple of anonymous people have complained to Lancashire County Council about "lack of safety". Alan Sledmore has said it's ridiculous but as they are all volunteers who don't need the hassle they have decided to call it a day.
As he says, there is now a danger that people will try it unguided and then accidents will happen.
JDS
Bongolier

Post by JDS » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:53 pm

Sorry we missed you this weekend, especially the walk, weather looks great.

Unfortunately things are not too good at the moment with me suffering from rejection.
I have just left hospital (last night) after 14 nights of being pumped full chemicals. Unfortunately i reacted to one of the drugs HABT (never felt so ill in my life), So I had to stay in longer and they iv dripped me over an 18 hour period. which worked but was awake the whole time.
Consultant is optimistic he has fixed it will know in the next 2 weeks, if not its back in again.
But we've got to be optimistic.
Alan Im sure I've seen you or BDC delivering again (I did wave)

See you all soon

Dave
Dave & Jeanette
Auto-sleeper Broadway EL Duo Motorhome (A very overgrown Bongo)
blobber
Supreme Being

Post by blobber » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:28 pm

Sorry to hear this Dave, hope things are improving.
Which window did you wave from? :lol: :lol: Wish we'd knew you were in, me or ste could have come and annoyed you :twisted: :twisted:
Alan & Dot

Yes sir, I can Bongo !!

Bongoplod
Supreme Being

Post by Bongoplod » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:27 pm

JDS wrote:Sorry we missed you this weekend, especially the walk, weather looks great.

Unfortunately things are not too good at the moment with me suffering from rejection.
I have just left hospital (last night) after 14 nights of being pumped full chemicals. Unfortunately i reacted to one of the drugs HABT (never felt so ill in my life), So I had to stay in longer and they iv dripped me over an 18 hour period. which worked but was awake the whole time.
Consultant is optimistic he has fixed it will know in the next 2 weeks, if not its back in again.
But we've got to be optimistic.
Alan Im sure I've seen you or BDC delivering again (I did wave)

See you all soon

Dave
We were thinking about you at the weekend Dave,and all had a chat, wondering how you were doing after you told us of the problems at the last meet you attended.
Thanks for the update,and very best wishes for a prompt recovery.Hope all goes well for you.
Best to Jeanette also and look forward to seeing you both (and Pete and missus) at a meet soon.Take care.

Brian
Confucious once said " To be fluent in Bongolese is to hold the key to the world!"
PixieAndTheMoon
Supreme Being

Post by PixieAndTheMoon » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:39 pm

Dave and Jeanette,

Sorry to hear of the set back, but hopefully that is all it will be friends. As Jeanette knows there is a bit of trial and error involved. Love to you both and your family

Jo and Chris x
karena
Supreme Being

Post by karena » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:12 pm

sorry to hear of your set back Dave hope it is sorted soon.I would have liked to attend too, but other matters had to take precedent :( -I dont think i would have done the walk again though more suited to keith and tomos role of picking up at the other end these days :lol:
blobber
Supreme Being

Post by blobber » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:02 pm

karena wrote: -I dont think i would have done the walk again though more suited to keith and tomos role of picking up at the other end these days :lol:
Wimp
Alan & Dot

Yes sir, I can Bongo !!

Debs and David
Tribal Elder

Post by Debs and David » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:47 pm

Sorry also to have missed the meet, but sometimes things have to take priority, unfortunately :lol:

Sending out lots of positive vibes to Dave and Jeanette for a speedy recovery, know how uncomfortable you felt the last time we saw you, but you still soldiered on mate, like always. See you next year when you'll be back to your healthy post op you.

Please keep us updated you know how much we worry about you.

xxxxx
Debs & David

You Need Degas to Make De Van Gogh
MountainGoat
Supreme Being

Post by MountainGoat » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:43 pm

Well here is my half-penny worth of pictures on the Morecambe Bay walk. Only four of them as I am getting lazy these days but they are all the better for not having my ugly mug in them. :o

Christine relaxing on Arnside promenade while waiting for the off.

Snap, the photographers having a barny as Christine rushes in to act as peacemaker.

Watch out that's Grange over Sands behind you. But there is a long way to go yet round the dog leg via Humphrey Head

The Blackpool continent having a cricket match on the sands before we all tackled the crossing of the main channel of the River Kent.
Former SGL5 Owner Jeep Cherokee 2.5CRD Burstner Ixeo Time it585

Return to “North West”