Lying low for a few weeks

clutha
Bongolier

Re: Lying low for a few weeks

Post by clutha » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:48 am

Dr Fingers wrote:Good luck with it all. Just had a major whoo ha of my own, now mending, but watch the driving... If the docs told you not to drive, you're not insured!

Derek
Being a good boy, 4 weeks after the event is the order for my case. (Maybe it's an age thing :lol: )
One lad in the ward was told one week.
I really felt sorry for another lad. Self employed truck driver, qualified commercial diver (to 50 metres), regular smoker and 3-4 stone over weight.
He has some challenges.

One amusing (now) part of my checks was going on the treadmill. I made a miserable 3 minutes before the pains increased. Waiting outside while the next lad was on was torture. I could hear the machine getting faster and faster. He seemed to be on it for 20 minutes and the technician kept asking if he wanted to stop. He came out lathered in sweat. Turned out he hadn't had a heart attack, just a sudden dip in blood pressure but he was whipped into hospital because he had had a recent attack in Turkey on holiday and had his 2nd stent fitted, (bill £17,000). He got home right after his treadmill test!
Freda now gone, :-/ But nice wee Burstner obtained ;-)
http://www.gordonbickerton.co.uk
Dr Fingers
Supreme Being

Post by Dr Fingers » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:26 pm

It's a bugger, this age thing. I had 2 rare tumours behind the breast bone, similar surgical procedure to you in terms of getting access (!!!) ie no keyhole surgery for me, sadly (are you in the 'Zipper' club?) : now 3 months down the line and only just mended.

Determined to enjoy life and the Bongo as much as poss. :D :D :D

Wifey is desperate for us to drive up to Scotland : maybe see you there sometime?

Good luck.

Derek
mikeWalsall
Supreme Being

Post by mikeWalsall » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:06 pm

I am a member of the zipper club ..!!

The worst pain I had after my op. .. was back ache ..!!

When I mentioned it to the surgeon .. he said it was common .. they cracked the front rib cage .. bent you back wards so you 'opened up' like the segments of an orange .. and it gave then extra room to work in ..!!

They took the 'new' tubes from my left leg .. within a week that had healed over and now the scar is practically invisible ..

More than I can say about the 'zipper' on my chest .. I bust my stitches doing jobs I should have left till a lot later (erm .. not caused by driving) ..

When I had to go back on the ward as an out patient .. when she asked how ... the Ward sister did a 'war dance' .. muttering things like ... just spend over twenty thousand pounds .. stupid men .....
JAL Mushroom roof,12/240v, fridge, cooker, sink, LPG V6 .. (written off @ £5500 Nov 2016)
Dr Fingers
Supreme Being

Post by Dr Fingers » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:23 pm

There's a Zipper group on F book.

Derek
clutha
Bongolier

Post by clutha » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:25 pm

No zipper for me.
Stent inserted up through artery, incision on wrist. How they got a 38 x 4mm piece of platinum up there is amazing.

Did get a zip for my prostate removal, right on my bikini line :lol:
mountainmummy
Bongolier

Post by mountainmummy » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:03 am

Hi Gordon

Best wishes from us.

Sara x
Why, oh why did I chose such a naff forum name????
davema
Junior Bongonaut

Post by davema » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:18 pm

hi gordon, don't think i've had the pleasure of meeting you yet, think i missed you at the last squirrel meet? anyhow, best wishes & speedy recovery, dave
davema
Junior Bongonaut

Post by davema » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:18 pm

hi gordon, don't think i've had the pleasure of meeting you yet, think i missed you at the last squirrel meet? anyhow, best wishes & speedy recovery, dave
clutha
Bongolier

Post by clutha » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:28 pm

Pleased to report 1st drive went well today probably because it was in the van :lol:

It put up a battle though, failing to start on Friday.

I've detailed my battery charging method which has been shifted to 'chat' so I won't go over it all again.

As for me, lifting the battery out was fine.

My walking programme is at 45mins/day and will be an hour by the end of next week.

Still no word on remaining artery inspection/repair, just hope it's done before Christmas.

Hope your all doing well.

Gordon (2 :wink: )
the laird
Supreme Being

Post by the laird » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:45 pm

Good news keep on going buddy! N thanks

Return to “Scotland”