Awning rail height

Questions & answers about awnings, mattresses, and other things to make life on the road more comfortable. This section is for Bongo-specific kit only. No talk about backpacking tents here!

Moderator: Muzorewa

novicebongo
Apprentice Bongonaut

Awning rail height

Post by novicebongo » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:54 am

Hi,

I hope somebody can help me. I am looking to buy an awning for a Bongo I hope to pick up next weekend. It is a Kampa Travel pod midi and I have found a very very well priced new one and it seems to suit our needs well, but I have to buy it soon as it is the last one left.

It states that it fits rails up to 190cm. Would this fit on a 2002 tintop? I have no idea how high the awning rails are on Bongo.

Thanks for you help in advance.
Snoozie
Bongolier

Re: Awning rail height

Post by Snoozie » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:08 am

Hopefully someone with a tintop or knowledge of whether all bongo rails are at similar height whatever age will be along soon to help.

I suspect that awning would be fine. I have just measured the height of the rail/gutter on my '96 AFT and it is 179cm off the ground, so unless Bongo heights vary much (and it could be 11cm higher and still be OK for a fit) I can't see a problem.

If you're not sure, can you get the person you are buying the bongo from to measure the height of the rail for you?
Keep Calm and Bongo On!
weebrian
Bongolier

Post by weebrian » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:21 pm

Just measured mine. 180cm at the B post and 185 at the very rear. I have aftermarket 17" wheels but the diameter is pretty close to standard fitment. I'd guess that you shouldn't have any problem staying within 190cm.
novicebongo
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by novicebongo » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:04 am

Thank you both. Got the awning, think it will fit fine. I was going to email the guy I'm buying it off but hassled him enough :-). I appreciate the replies.
Scratch
Bongolier

Post by Scratch » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:46 am

How did you get on with this awning? I went to the NEC yesterday and was also interested in this type.

Return to “Bongo Camping Equipment”